Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,471  
a very nice community of birds Ron.

Phil, kick back and enjoy Fall. The snow will be here soon enough. I bet Bill already has had some.

Buppies seems to get "my weather" about 12-24 hours earlier than here so yes it's going to get wet here very soon.
Mower/bagger makes a fair amount of noise so not going to run it before 9am. We'll see if the rains come by then.
Weather patterns seem to go North and East, on about a 45 degree angle. I wonder if one put a protractor on a map with
Buppies home and my town, if it would be close to 45 degrees. (admittedly not so hot at trig)
I understand that weather goes from West to East due to Earth's rotation but South to North because ? heat rises? Gulf Stream?
All the big storms here other than Nor'Easters always have a Southern tail that seems to dip into the Gulf and scoop up water to
bring to us further North. I'm sure there's a better/scientific way of explaining that.
Tracking these weather patterns on radar is pretty interesting.

Originally got my interest up when going boating on Bays or in the Atlantic.
My job to bring everyone home alive and if I didn't watch the weather or listen to VHF weather channel,
all kinds of surprises can happen. Like afternoon storms on the Chesapeake in the heat of August that can be epic.
I once heard cries of help from a dozen sailboats that got knocked down in a whiteout storm outside of Annapolis.
I always tried to get in and tied up by 3pm. Lots of afternoon storms. And with global warming they are likely to get more
tropical, more intense, and much less fun to be out in. My Carver would get blown all over the place in high winds with only a three foot
draft and a flattish bottom. The Bertram was heavy and had a deep V hull, it just plowed through bad weather like a destroyer.
But I tried to avoid bad weather since if you scare your wife, it isn't likely to end well.

about a five hour drive west of PJ/St Louis is the excavated wreck of the steamship Arabia, which hit a big log/stump in the Missouri River and sank
almost immediately, thankfully not fully underwater so everyone got off. Except one mule I think...
Now that was interesting boating for sure. He hit a stump in fog with no charts, no radar, and no visibility.
I was an early adopter of electronic chart plotting on my boats, always had the best Garmin I could buy. Bent a lot of props over the years in the Chesapeake
even with good electronics. But then we were constantly going places, not sitting at dock.

A fall boat cruise on the Chesapeake with the leaf colors can be simply amazing. Toppop, find a covered warm boat and go for a ride.

My friend, Capt. Dize runs a small fleet of tour boats, we are trying to get a group of friends together to do just that next weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,472  
"Just read that Alec Baldwin is in Vermont...wonder if he'd be interested in some target shooting while he's here...?"

You might better see if he wants to learn how the check to see if a firearm is loaded!

Chris
I really like the movie "The Hunt for Red October", but can't recall every hearing anything else good about Alec Baldwin.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,473  
62, breezy and cloudy, looks more like we will miss most of the heavy rain.
Got the grass mowed yesterday fir the final time this year, wild onions and garlic already popping back up.
I spread some leftover gravel from last summer’s projects. I knocked the top off and back dragged it level.
When I was about twenty, several of us bought the cheap Daisy BB guns to play Army, we’d go out after dates on Friday and Saturday nights to a pine thicket. We wore goggles and tried to shoot toward legs, but how darn dangerous was that?

/ Good morning!!!! #140,474  
52°F and rain this morning, going all the way up to 55° today with rain expected pretty much all day. We're on the back end of the swirl now, which seems to have stalled from it's previous northbound direction.

Kyle, it seems like it never took much to get The Eagles arguing amongst themselves. Having played that song in an acoustic trio, it is indeed a difficult song to sing. Aging certainly doesn't make it any easier.

RNG, when I bought my last car, a 2014 Kia Soul, it came from the factory with Nexen tires. I got 70,000 mile out of those tires before the tread got too shallow and I started losing traction. The service guy at the Kia dealer said he'd never head of getting that kind of mileage on a Nexen tire. I asked him to replace them with the same tires. Unfortunately, they didn't carry them (oddly), so I ended up with Yokohamas instead. Decent tires, but never got much over 40k out of them.

Every day is Cat Day at our house, Don ... and Dog Day, for that matter.

It's stink bug season at our place, BEF. They haven't been quite as bad this year, but it seems more are getting inside than normal.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,475  
National Cat Day, Buddy on his back, Ringo looking over his shoulder, gray girl is my Missy, lost here and Charlie, the black and white, in June. Charlie was 21 years old, Missy was my baby girl.
IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0052.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #140,476  
When I was about twenty, several of us bought the cheap Daisy BB guns to play Army, we’d go out after dates on Friday and Saturday nights to a pine thicket. We wore goggles and tried to shoot toward legs, but how darn dangerous was that?
We did that when I was young, too, Randy. We'd wear goggles and the thickest clothes we could find. Most of us went to a local surplus store and bought used BDUs. We had a "one pump rule," and no head shots. It was probably stupid and unnecessarily risky, but man did we have fun. Fortunately, no one ever got seriously hurt.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,479  
suck 'em up Phil
and if you use a leaf blower to blow the leaves into the open, no more raking.
I filled up both bags on my bagger to overflowing this morning, not just leaves but lots of pine needles.

followed up with Rubbermaid on garden shed, waiting for reply. If nothing today, going back to Home Depot and asking for refund.
no rain so far, my local K-8 is having a haunted house tonight, moved earlier to 4pm, hope they don't get washed out.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,480  
"Just read that Alec Baldwin is in Vermont...wonder if he'd be interested in some target shooting while he's here...?"

You might better see if he wants to learn how the check to see if a firearm is loaded!

Chris
That would take all the fun out of target shooting with Alec!!!