Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,261  
Good morning! 54˚F heading to the mid 60s. A rainless cold front blew in last night and we will have strong North winds today.

The only treee I have is the live oak and it looses it's leaves in the spring, they are small oval leaves about 1"x 1/2" and get mulched into the grass when I mow.

I need to wash the car today and get a little tractor time in and turn my receipts in to get reimbursed for the tractor diesel (nice) and weed the kale. A lot of people asked me yesterday if I got the kale for the chips from my garden, sadly I had to buy it because the plants are not big enough to survive if they loose a lot of leaves, but in a week or two I should no longer have to buy organic kale till the spring.

Drew have you had an open to the public school board meeting. There seems to be a growing interest from parents to attend. Do you make any of the minutes of the secret meetings public or as a private school, does your board feel there is no need for the parent to know what is being discussed?

/ Good morning!!!! #141,262  
Good morning, current temp 40 and high will be 37°F. Wind WSW 14 gusting to 20 mph. Rain or flurries. No that is not a typo. Right off environment Canada website.

Laptop only crashed twice yesterday, the day before it crashed 6 times.
The only reason I am using the laptop is because the PC went for a dump. CPU overheated and crapped out.
Replaced the motherboard with a Asrock Z590 Phantom, an I 7 CPU and 4 16 gig sticks of DDR4 ram. Now we can't seem to get the motherboard to recognize the 'C' drive.:mad: I am just about ready to chuck this $1,500.oo upgrade to the curb. It will make an expensive canoe anchor.

A town run is in the cards for today, then fight with the PC.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #141,263  
RNG which Cannon printer did you get. As soon as I run out of ink on my HP I will be looking for a new printer. Does your printer scan to different formats, to computer, to email?

/ Good morning!!!! #141,264  
Drew have you had an open to the public school board meeting. There seems to be a growing interest from parents to attend. Do you make any of the minutes of the secret meetings public or as a private school, does your board feel there is no need for the parent to know what is being discussed?

We have four parent reps on our board at all time Don. Nothing is secret. Huge amount of communication to parents on all topics, each grade has parent's group.
We rarely have any of the antagonistic issues of public school boards. Our parents pay 24k a year to avoid the public school and all its drama. The fact our local public schools are really
excellent (thank you high taxes) makes it even more challenging for private schools to offer something better. Parents are willing (and apparently able) to pay that to get a faith based
school for their kids where they don't have to be worried about bullying or kids a little different not succeeding.

long finance meeting tonight where we vote on possibly giving the teachers an 8 percent raise. We are trying to reach midpoint of competitive private schools. I requested the Treasurer go back and check his expense inflation assumptions and that is all being presented tonight so I have some spreadsheet studying to do. Thankfully we have almost full enrollment and are running a small surplus.

time to load mortar bucket and trowel in truck and get a move on. Blue sky, looks like a nice day

/ Good morning!!!! #141,265  
Morning all, foggy and 42
Didn't get anything done yesterday, dark beat me.

Drew- sounds like yesterday was a trying day. Today maybe stay off Zoom.

For the trac vac and others like it, I would have to store them out back. More tarps would start looking like a tent city.
I will try the sweeper and see how it works. Most of my lawns are small (100 x 50-70) but I have 7 of them.
Figure about an acre and I could empty between each area.

Rip-can you just re-engine the log splitter?

Buppies how are you?

Wngsprd - all ok?

Stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #141,266  

Rip-can you just re-engine the log splitter?

That is exactly what they recommended. I will make a trip to HF and get a look.

We will see, my problem is time. I know I have exactly the same amount of time as everyone else, but I just cannot seem to manage it well. LOL.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,267  
The kale chips at the meeting were a hit. Several people came up to me and were amazed at the taste. There was one guy that had started the WFPB diet 2 months ago because his Dr. told him to, because of his cholesterol and problems with statins. He said he is about 80% compliant and was having a hard time giving up bacon but my kale chips have filled that void - now that was a compliment! The combination of ingredients are special to satisfy the umami taste buds.

Next month we head to a local restaurant where they will prepare a "special" meal for our group. Everyone expressed an interest in starting a potluck get-together but that will have to wait a tad longer when we are out of the red covid zone.

Only a few wore mask at the meeting and I had an interesting discussion with one mask wearer. The vaccine does not work on him. He has had 3 Moderna shots and has been tested 4 times at different locations and has zero antibodies. Everyone is different. However he has joined the right club. There are excellent results, in one study they found plant-eaters had a 73% reduced rate of moderate to severe covid-19 compared to others and "high protein low carb" eaters in the study had almost a 50% increase in moderate to severe covid compared to others.
Don, I don't think this is the first time you've mentioned antibodies after vaccinations and I'm curious as to how people even know whether they've developed such. Are they making a special trip to a doctor to have such tests made. Margaret and I have had the 3 Moderna shots, but where did someone get tested at 4 different locations?

/ Good morning!!!! #141,268  
42F and raining @ 09:00, high hit 64F here yesterday. Only expected to reach a high of 47F today.

Hopper and two sunflower tube feeders filled up yesterday.

Then got the mowing finished on lower front, ran over the areas down around the house blowing leaves off but wasn't quite able to get it all. Worst part at this point is in the very back. Overall, yard looks pretty good as far as leaves go.

Woman and I folded up the old aluminum siding from the demo job and loaded it in the van. Also prepped the large blower to be removed from the shop.

Tow-behind spreader put in the pole barn, along with the three garden hoses I drained and a long 1" poly rope. Left one garden hose around back after draining it.

Woman planted that last Salvia and the three hemlock in the planting bed east of the frog pond. She also rolled up three of the wires for the electric fence. The lowest two are still on it, don't know if I'll get around to taking those down or not. No matter, they are easy enough to step over.

I moved the water buffalo wagon and 55 gallon drum over the barn and put it away. Left the wooden frame the drum sits on over at the house, in case I get a chance to cut the 4 x 4's for its replacement.

Gathered up some garden tools that were around back along with the walk-behind spreader and tossed those in the dump cart.

Got email notifications that two more plant orders had finally shipped, from two different suppliers. The one has 4 iris, 4 peonies, and 2 lilies. The other has 3 peonies. Hopefully be able to get those planted this weekend. Still trying to locate the small gardening hand tools lol ...

Looks like today will be an inside day, although I do have to run out to get a flu shot later.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #141,269  
Good morning all! Time to get the docs out into deeper water. They have been floating near shore, but disconnected. There is a big snow squall snowstorm coming, with up to 6 inches of snow. Time to check out the driveway for obstacles rocks, pieces of wood, etc., that the snowblower might run into!

Looking, it looks like snow squalls will miss you, yes?

Have to hook up the snowplow to the ATV. The tractor is in the shop getting its fluids all changed, but I won’t need that snowblower just yet.

Time for coffee!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,270  
Don, I don't think this is the first time you've mentioned antibodies after vaccinations and I'm curious as to how people even know whether they've developed such. Are they making a special trip to a doctor to have such tests made. Margaret and I have had the 3 Moderna shots, but where did someone get tested at 4 different locations?
He went to his doctors office and to Walgreens, I did not ask the others. We went to Labcorp in our Walgreens, insurance covered the test. We might have paid a small fee for the prescription for the test from their Dr. we did not have to get an order from our Dr. It was very easy and done all online except of course for the blood draw which was in the Walgreens drug store. Labcorp had an office set up in Walgreens. Labcorp is also the company that does the blood draws at my doctor's office. You may have to find a Labcorp location near you.

Bird there are 4 antibody test on their web site. The Test to take is number 164090.

Last edited: