Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,881  
Morning all, 36 going up to 48 and somewhat sunny.
Got most of the ground based Christmas ornaments up and stand for the tree ready.

Dog seems to be healing ok, maybe a virus- temp high but not bad. Put her on a "bland" diet,so boiled her some chicken and made rice. She sees it as a treat and runs with me to get at her bowl quicker, so energy is fully back.

Alien- could have been worse, drifting downstream would not have been good. Glad you made it out ok.

BakerG - what an amazing project-welcome back to GM

Drew - no speeding tickets today :cool: Hope the shed return goes well, they should give you more money back for your frustration. Apples were good for me though.

Stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #141,882  
32 going to 60.

What a story, Alien. Sounds like your Honda is quite durable...Kyle needs to borrow it for a little work at his lake. 😁

Took the truck to Costco yesterday for a free tire rotation and balancing...picked the wrong day...it was early opening day for seniors and was the last day of their sale on a set of 4 new tires, so they told me it would take 3 hours...that estimate was right on the money. My wife and I did a good bit of slow shopping, and found a way to trade them $506 for a basket of stuff. Then off to the Tex-Mex for lunch and another stop...took almost all day...good news was Costco gas had come down a couple of cents to 3.09.

Toppop, hope you are doing okay after your doctor visit.

December already. Just 3 more weeks and the days will get longer.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,883  
Good morning all.
37 going up to 47 today in sun with rain coming in tonight.

Alien, so sorry you got wet. Was this in your new Mustang?

off fairly early this morning to go visit MIL, age 92, in assisted living in Doylestown. I just found out one of
her best friends, that are still alive..., is moving into her same building. She will be thrilled about that, they used to knit
for years together. Now neither can knit

Driving my brother's M5 today, he went to Florida and dropped off his car for the week. Don't think I'll be holding traffic up at the lights...

Gary, welcome back. Great pics of your JD project. I grew up with a B so your tractor brought smiles.

Headed to Home Depot today with my fat file on Rubbermaid, and will ask for a refund. This should be interesting.

Here’s my dad’s 46 JD B when I sold it
IMG_0558.jpg

And here it is after the guy restored it
IMG_0013.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #141,884  
Sure glad we have 52 degrees this morning going for a sunny 72 instead of the colder weather some of you are having because I have to take Margaret this morning for her semi-annual chest X-ray, doctor visit, Prolia injection, etc. Last time I had to let her out at the hospital door, then park a long way from there

And I HOPE she gets all that done and we get out of there in less than 2 hours. But I'm taking a book to read while I wait.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #141,885  
Good morning! 47˚F clear skies heading to the mid 70s.

Buppies hang in there, may have to change your name to Job.
Sorry to hear about your cat Buckeye.
Alien, I got caught in a rising water incident but not bad enough to stall the car or get water in the inside but worse - my wife was with me when the "road" started to get higher and higher - It was 24 hours after the rained stopped and no water on the road going into town . . .
I wasn't even 65 so no age related excuse could be used.

Gray2 has stabilize to a slow, half blind, state and seems content with lots of purring. He is eating but only half of what he used to eat. He loves his new (cleaned) bed and it's his to go spot. he walked around the outside of the house and laid in the sun yesterday. Whipper is doing good now too and is always excited to do her twice daily exploratory walks.

Yesterday was warm enough to mow with shorts/T-shirt, and maybe the last time as it has started to go into slow grow winter mode.
A good FireWise brush and limb clearing yesterday. My new batteries are lasting the entire time on the sawzall.

After FireWise I was looking to use my new knee cool water knee wrap for the first time but they did a "Drew" on me - left out a critical part - the knee wrap. I called them and they will send the knee wrap part out, so I just used an old cold wrap. There have been no cancelations to move up my knee surgery. I just hope I can get in before the next wave of Covid closes elective surgeries.

My neighbor has Christmas decorated their house, inside and out, to the max and is on the neighborhood open house tour. This weekend I can expect a few hundred cars extra in front of my house. I need to put up some lights today, I thought I might skip this year because of impending surgery but it looks like that will not be a factor.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,887  
Good afternoon. Nothing much happening today, it is wet 'n' windy again, ideal conditions to stay in and update my workshop status - it's progressing nicely from "incredibly untidy" to plain "untidy".

Thanks for the aluminium cutting fluid suggestions.

Good to hear you are enjoying retirement Gary. Hope you can find time for more steady posts - most of us now almost recovered from flashing screen syndrome :)

Roll-away tractors skewering people seems to be happening more often. This week's Farmers Guardian had yet another cautionary tale, at least this guy survived.

impale.jpg

Attachments

• impale.jpg
    impale.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
   / Good morning!!!! #141,889  
Good morning! 38 now, started off at 25. 46 later with a good chance of some rain.

Was nice in the woods this morning. Saw one deer, but got entertained by several squirrels who didn’t seem to mind me sitting in their woods. Had an easy shot yesterday and didn’t take it. The deer was simply too small.

Hope you get that mess with the shed straightened out. Sheesh….

You may want to check if you have any ECU’s that went for a swim Alien. Some have breathers in them that will allow water in and drown them.

One year ago…..blood drawn early in the morning, it had snowed overnight which I enjoyed seeing outside. Dr. S was in my room, didn’t seem at all concerned about retching up black liquid, distended abdomen, pain in the abdomen, lack of being able to urinate, or my lousy vital signs. My BOL was remaining below 90%.

Talked to my wife, she tested positive on Tuesday, she was showing symptoms on Wednesday: fever, tiredness, cough, severe headache. Strange, I never had a headache. Hearing she was getting sick added to my stress I was feeling. Fortunately, by Sunday, she was fine.

Dr. F came to check on me mid afternoon. He was very alarmed about my condition. He brought another doctor in to examine me. I was sent for another scan with iodine dye to check for abdominal blood clots. 2nd time in 48 hours I had been hit with iodine. That night I had an NG tube shoved down my nose/throat to start pumping my stomach. I came to despise the NG tube. Also had my breathing rig upgraded to a high flow tube with a regulator. Oxygen flow was maxed out to 10L/min. My BOL did rise to 90-91%. Also got a catheter inserted.

It was a sleepless night…..

/ Good morning!!!! #141,890  
67°F and .06 inches rain.

Off to Hilo for appointment with Sophie’s ophthalmologist. Then shadow and a couple other stops.

Sear tech was on time for dishwasher yesterday. Parts ordered.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day