Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,031  
There were long sections of trail that were iced over. I had to slip on microspikes and go off trail a few times. The snow is leftover from the storm 10 days before, and some melted and ran down the trail.

There were frost heaves 5 inches tall covered by leaves, and I'd think I was stepping on hard ground only to drop unexpectedly.

I love it.View attachment 729106View attachment 729107
20220113_122742.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #144,035  
All this talk about snow. All I see on weather map is a large snow area west of me. But none forecast for me. Just cold. 🥶

/ Good morning!!!! #144,036  
Morning all, 34 going up to 45, and them tomorrow down to 9- hmmmm

So, was watching a movie the other night called Tender Bar. When they showed the bar, I thought it looked familiar.
Ends up it is a bar that I know as Publicans in Manhasset, and I used to hang out there when I was in college.
To make it even weirder, an old high school friend sent out a invite that his band is playing this weekend, at Publicans!

Washing machine died again - same Inverter issue, what a POS. I ordered an inverter board used, for $50 and hope it lasts another year so maybe we can buy a new one and use this one for batting practice. GE garbage.

Seems a lot of front loader machines use this board, and for some reason they are in short supply :cool:

Thomas - PT = FT ??

My Granberg 24" ripping chain came in- need to mill some planks for a friend.

Mostly - wife shopping ? I thought you liked the current model :)

Still taking Xmas lights down. Son has school of rock concert this weekend-two different night clubs on two days.

Just heard my old neighbors dad passed away. He was in his 80's . reformed alcoholic and gambler, got to spend the last years with his kids/grandkids as a good man. His son was my good friend for many years and passed last year. and his younger brother passed away the year before. The last 4 years not kind to that family. One son and 2 daughters left. All good people.

Stay safe and be well,

Can anyone guess which movie this was from?
And where I took this photo?

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1340.JPG

DVC00010.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #144,037  
Good Morning
It’s 35, clear skies and a high of 40 forecast.

Yesterday was consumed by my excursion to Grand Rapids, but did have dinner with a friend while we were there.

Today’s trip to Hilton Head will take up most of the day, but will be home in time to get a few chores done.

Tomorrow is the last trip for a few weeks. We have a client that is more reliable than the Farmers Almanac. They always schedule a trip to Florida for the coldest day of the year, it looks like they did it again this year if the forecast holds true.

Great pictures Ken, looks like your passport is well used.

/ Good morning!!!! #144,038  
Good morning! 31° now, may struggle to 34° or so later. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 20's.

They have changed the forecast a bit for Sunday into Monday for us. Winter storm warnings are out, supposedly we are going to get 4" - 9" of snow. Maybe the snow blower will get a work out after all this winter. Or not.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #144,039  
Dos your property have public road frontage? How much snow clearing are you looking at?

/ Good morning!!!! #144,040  
Ronh, told the wife after taking care of the apple tree that the place is slowly returning to the 1920's look where no trees were present.

Buppies, wngsprd and Buckeye the last weather report I saw before retiring last night - None of them committed to really how much and where. Just enough info to introduce panic.

I’ve lost 2 Bartlett pear trees that died rather young. And my 3 apple trees have never produced more than a few scrub apples, so I’m tempted to trim them at ground level.

This is from NWS this morning, showing a miss for me. However at same time they said 5-8”.
IMG_3386.JPG