Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,661  
I wonder if that will be a Chevrolet truck commercial soon...
Tornado Tough!

Buppies, sorry you didn't land on soft ground. Feel better.

Headed back to plant nursery. Want to see if they have any blueberry bushes in yet. Good excuse to check out parts I didn't get to
yesterday when a huge area full of every possible color of pansies caught me and didn't let me go til I stocked up.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,662  
Good Morning!!!! 65F @ 6:00AM. Abundant sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 84F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Spring just got here and already the temps are reaching summer highs. Ugh!

Anybody heard from Kyle? Hope he's OK...

Good luck keeping the secret, David!

"Only" and "70' x 18"" don't belong in the same sentence, Ken. That's a big tree!
Hope the new sensor does the trick.

We're not made out of rubber any more, Buppies,

I've been using this site to check hospital ratings, Don.

I might put off SS another year due to not wanting to increase the income taxes on the lump sum payment from the Fire Victim Trust that will likely land this year. Almost all of it will be taxable, as is the majority of SS income. At least that's what I've been able to figure out so far. There's legislation moving at both the state and federal level to make the FVT money tax free, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yesterday I reminded the dozer operator that a dead tree I'd been chain sawing on was still standing, and could he get to it today? It's just below the driveway on a steep slope, but he agreed to go after it and pop it out of the ground. What neither of us counted on was how well it was anchored in the ground. Even pushing with the dozer from the top side didn't even bend it, so he started by dragging the rippers around it. Nope, not gonna budge. So he started digging down and ripping, and was probably six feet deep before he got it to move. And by then the hole was twenty feet across. Finally one last push got it up and out of the hole, and when the last root broke it took off down the hill like an out of control wrecking ball. It flew maybe a hundred feet before the trunk hit another oak tree about twenty feet up, coming to rest in a big manzanita bush. When the dust cleared, I was able to get close enough to see that the root ball was at least twelve feet around, and the trunk was a good twenty feet high with maybe eighteen inches in diameter.
2022-03-22RootBallBottom.jpg

Back up at the hole, I had an idea. With a little more digging and moving some dirt around, it could make a great backstop for a rifle range. Took a hike to the other end of the cleared area, and the elevations were pretty close, and the view was good, too. Half an hour later, the backstop was done. That man is a maniac on a dozer!
2022-03-22DozerBackstop.jpg

Today I'll see if I can get him to back drag or push across all of the cleared area to smooth the dozer ruts and pick up the rest of the downed wood, and just push it to the bottom of the hill to make a berm. Then cut a road between the backstop and firing point.

I finished the day's work by cutting the brush away from the southwest corner marker, much of it poison oak. Crapped up both the machete and chainsaw, and most of me as well. Wiped down everything with bleach wipes, but I'll hit it all again with soap and water today, along with my boots. So far I've only seen one small poison oak spot on my wrist, and I hope to hold it at that.

I was enjoying a cold beer on the back porch when a fence lizard came along, so I went back inside and brought out the meal worms that had spent the winter in the refrigerator. Most were still in good shape, and when I offered one to the lizard it came running right over and took it. Looks like Tasty overwintered well, too..
2022-03-22Tasty.jpg

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #147,663  
Good Morning
It’s raining and windy here in Asheville.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here, had a very nice lunch at the Sierra Nevada brewery. It’s an amazing complex, almost like a theme park.
Copper ductwork in the restaurant.
IMG_8403.jpg

IMG_8401.jpg

Beautiful buildings.

Today we leave here around noon, weather at home should still be decent, but it’s crummy here.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,664  
Just got off a call with some of our coworkers from Ukraine.

A few are still there in the cities and talked about how safe they felt, until the war started and the buildings shook.
The company has been moving them to Poland and other countries and making sure they have money and supplies.
Was good to see them on the call and hear all of them so far are ok.
Many have had their homes damaged.
Some had to stay to take care of sick relatives.

One person described her exit from Kiev, with backpacks and kids in tow and hoping she had enough fuel to make it to western Ukraine. While behind her watching the smoke rise.

Very emotional call.

Makes all the stuff we complain about the gov and prices seem paltry.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,665  
29F clear sky upper 40's for high.

Chores done before day break than drove Mrs. to her job,on the way she decided to have breakfast at local diner so I got my E muffins...$2.25 for muffin. :oops:
Plans for today...once temps reach upper 30's try get some lawn raking done,other than putter.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,666  
Condolences to your wife PJ.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,667  
Clouding up with rain later high mid 60’s.

Gas here is 3.57, diesel 4.35.

Mom drew Social Security for 36 years, I believe she got her share.

Made a HD run to pick up some stuff I’d forgotten last trip, and to the pharmacy.

A couple of other chores this morning, then I’ll see about the afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,668  
65°F and .62 inches rain. Likely a wet one today.

Installing door blinds top the list today.

I did make an online appointment for my Ridgeline for Monday. May break out the multimeter to check battery, maybe put on the charger, but not feeling very confident about driving anywhere.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #147,669  
picked up some more pansies at local outlet and planted them at church. Plus I got three blueberry bushes to take home.
Stopped at apple orchard and got more apples, they said two more weeks before they ran out. box of 50 electric fence stakes came in plus an additional
roll of electric fence tape. My solar charger is rated for ten times longer distances than I'll be using so am going to run the electric fence around the new berry garden.

Made ENT appt for end of next week, hope they can tell me something no one else has to fix my hearing.

been pondering hiring a maid to clean this small cottage, thinking once a month would be fine. Close neighbor might be interested, little concerned
over privacy.

/ Good morning!!!! #147,670  
You going to pi
good morning all
cooler 41 going up to 53 in cloudy weather all day
other than making a trip to apple orchard to get likely last batch of apples, not much planned for today.

a surprise tractor present, how cool! (y) (y)
truly shows the lov