Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,111  
58F. Spotty rain predicted for the whole day. I'm thinking about mowing the back yard which will surely cause it to start raining.

Lancaster county is getting hit by bird flu. So far 4 farms have had it. They have had to kill something like 3.5 million chickens. They say the price of chicken and eggs is going up. Our cousin has a big chicken operation. Our fingers are crossed.

About everything costing more. I guess the last two years have created a lot of pent up demand that contributes to inflation. Usually higher prices cause people to think twice but it seems like people are just buying anyway. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever get back to normal.

I put a little hollytone on the blueberrys. Better late than never. They are looking pretty good. I can't wait.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #149,112  
Talked to the guy at the Interstate Battery store that promised last week he'd for sure have a battery for me, and found out he didn't. I'd left my phone number with him so he could call me if there was a problem, but you know how that goes when you're dealing with an idiot. Called around and found one at a motorcycle store, only twice what it would have cost online, but time is short and I couldn't wait. Also found a remnant at the carpet store, but twice the size I need, also at twice the price. Crazy prices at the grocery store, too. $2.65 for a half gallon of skim milk?:oops: And of course six dollar a gallon Diesel. At least the tank wasn't as empty, but it still topped $150 to get it full again and took two payment cycles because the pump is set to automatically shut off at $125.
Last battery I bought was for the Kubota, got an Interstate at Costco...you probably checked there, and none to fit your MC application, right?

/ Good morning!!!! #149,113  
Good morning to all! Low was 35°, going up to 72°. Sunny and mild breezes.

Yesterday was a nice day, but I called for an energy conservation day and a battery recharge. Just couldn't get motivated.....

But today that mulch is calling already..... going to take advantage of another nice day and get that bed finished.

The wifey kept the pressure on for me to decide on a "birthday dinner"...... I don't want her staying in the kitchen all day, so I told her 'pizza'..... it worked.

Kyle, nice to hear that your daughter is doing well. Those occasional "stern talks" usually work well on sons..... Glad you got some rain.

Drew, hope you get some outside time keeping those blades of grass at bay!

RNG, have fun on the camping trip.... did you go over your checklist 3 times?... you know that's the key to forget something!

Gotta get going.... got some errands to run early, then onto the mulching...

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,114  
47F and cloudy @ 09:45, heading up to a high of 52F.

Squeak out in the garage on Safari.

Hopper feeder still about half full, will need to refill later today.

Took The Woman to JCPenneys last evening to pick up some jeans she had ordered. We were on our way over to a relative's to pick them up to go along for the ride and we were accosted by a turkey. Literally. It was a big old white domesticated Tom who was running herd on his harem ... of what looked to be mostly chickens, who were out near the road in someone's yard.

He came out into the street directly in front of the car having a fit ... ended up pecking at our tires as we tried to drive by. There were two other cars behind me that got the same treatment.

Not much in the way of plans for today.

Do some online banking and fish/worm tending.

Probably head up to the shop after that and fire up the double barrel and finish cleaning out the parts washer and get it refilled.

Work on sharpening spare set of mower blades for the Cub.

Couple of repairs to make that involve a little welding that I might do as well.

General clean up.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #149,115  
Last battery I bought was for the Kubota, got an Interstate at Costco...you probably checked there, and none to fit your MC application, right?
Last time I was at the Costco tire counter, I noticed they had car batteries, but I didn't see any for motorcycles. I ended up with Cycle Gear because I didn't have time to shop around and I was pretty sure they'd have one. They did, but it was a store brand with only a six month warranty. They were pretty proud of their price, though.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,117  
I'm going out to cut down a leaning mulberry tree, one of MANY that should've been cleared 20 years ago. There were a bunch of junk trees left/ignored in the cedar grove, which I'm almost done clearing out. I've got to cut down the one cedar that it'll hang up on first. The cedar is dead anyway, from being shadowed out. They both should fall away from any structures.

Update: 1.5 hrs later, trees are down, along with a few others (two were widow makers) that have been bothering me. No damage to me or others. Now, to slice them up. Easier now, at 45 degrees, than in the summer.

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    545 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #149,118  
Happy birthday LS !

/ Good morning!!!! #149,119  
Are you all done with the tractor repair, RS?

Nope - haven't touched it ... other than fishing broken parts out of the center frame section ...

I've been been too busy with other stuff, just too much unseasonably nice weather to take advantage of.

Our Springs tend to be on the cool and wet side, so any time that doesn't occur, it's possible to get an early jump on things and it's not something to be wasted IMO. Still too wet to be doing much in the way of tractoring anyways.

As far as that goes, this year is shaping to be one of the best in quite a while. I'm so far ahead at this point it's hard for me to believe that it's not even May yet.

Having said all that, I'll likely be back into Kubota repairs later today.

I missed what you decided to do about that hole...

Will likely weld the plug back in.

It now has a pilot hole in it from the hole saw ... so it will be easy enough to find, if I have to drill it out again.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,120  
79, headed to 81 today, 59 tomorrow.
Had a Canadian goose in the yard Friday. Mostly lying around, when she did move she walked really slowly. I’m assuming a bird flu victim.
I have blue eyes and dimples, they paid dividends in my younger days.
I’ve got some errands to do then I’m going to enjoy this beautiful day.