Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,891  
Got a few hours with the flail today, but not without incident.
Somehow managed to bust the bolt of the stabilizer.
IMG_0882.JPG

So far it does look like one can buy just the broken piece, only the complete assembly, which guess I’ll do. But will also look to replace the broken bolt.

Made wife happy. The door latch into bedroom had become problematic, so I replaced. The old one was not only very worn internally, but a break in the cast plate that holds the mechanism. Upon reflection this is undoubtedly the most used door mechanism in the whole house.

Had hoped Sophie’s BX would get delivered today, Nope, not ready. Salesman gonna be out of town until next week but is hoping to deliver Wed or Thu.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,892  
Do you know the battery voltages that are associated with those SOC readings, David? I ask because the solar contractor, and the battery bank manufacturer, insist on using battery bank voltage to determine the trigger point for generator operation, and for all other charge/discharge decisions in the system. To the point where the warranty on the battery bank is voided if those voltage set points are changed. Not that the warranty, with the current state of affairs, is worth even the cost of the paper upon which it is written...

Not really. There is a chart/graph from SimpliPhi but given the flatness of the voltage curve, I don’t find it very helpful.
I went back and reviewed my settings. Basically everything in the Inverters and charge controllers are voltage settings. I used the SimpliPhi integration document as a guide. The only SOC settings are AGS in the Mate and those supplement the voltage settings in the 2 min, 2 hr, 24 hour gen starts, the load starts, and the Must Run (clock starts). While they can be enabled in most any combination, I’ve only found the 2 min useful. I would guess that with an FNDC you do not have SOC available. As for warranty, I find it interesting that SimpliPhi provides voltage parameters for everything except generator starts and lists warranty cycle life by SOC, not a voltage.
I suspect Raysun on OB Forum has the voltage numbers as he made a lit of measurements/observations early on.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,893  
Good morning, low temp is 62 and the high should be up around 84°F. Wind S 6 mph. 40% chance of T-storms in the afternoon.

I am up way too early, but can go back to bed for a few more.

Today is the floor in the tractor shed, we will do that in the morning and take a siesta in the afternoon.

Sunday or Monday I will be cutting the grass again. I sure am happy I don't have to deal with copperheads or rattlers when I cut.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #149,894  
Gale, nice you did that for Ted. I manage a few FindAGrave pages.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,895  
As soon as I got home from work last night we headed to MIL for the weekend. Brought our 2 cats, and they are having a blast with her cats.
First time our new cat has slept in a room with us, at home they sleep in basement. He was wandering most of the night.

Periods of sprinkles all day yesterday with a few short heavy rains, lots of rainbows.
I didn’t eat lunch yesterday, so picked up Chick-fil-A as we went thru town, and my wife ate half of my supper, she wasn’t hungry to get anything.

Not much planned today, maybe lunch at a Mennonite deli, we heard had good sandwiches. Will start the BX23, I bought it but left it here in case I need to do work here with it. I brought a battery tender to put on it. I bought new battery for it last yr, but it hasn’t been ran very often. I’ve not put the backhoe on it yet, but put the mower deck on last summer. MIL won’t use it to mow, she uses push mower.

IMG_4460.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #149,896  
Foggy 66 going to 78. Saw a spot of blue sky briefly yesterday.

Thomas, hope Saturday the 14th treats you better.

Kyle, I heard the other day a statistic that there are 7,000 venomous snake bites in the US every year. Not sure how valid...it was on a quiz show. 😁

Have a slow leak on one of the zero turn's rear tires...inflated it Wednesday and mowed for a few hours without any noticeable loss, but looked at it this morning and flat again. Stinker!

Phobe chicks have fledged, so I can re-claim my shelter and finish cleaning up my firewood splitting area for better summer use.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,897  
good morning all
warm foggy morning, likely rain later

Dennis, you have the best cat pictures.

only plans for today are building a water hose reel cart in garage with good friend.
Then he will take it to church in his Ridgeline. Another friend said she would buy it if we built it.
Good deal. Amazon delivered it to me, big heavy box and picking it up promptly got a big grease stain on
my nicest tan slacks. Groan. What takes out grease?

/ Good morning!!!! #149,898  
61F clear sky upper 80's for high may t storm ate afternoon.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...Morning both rider mowers get good PMing and new blades,Afternoon because of heat outside find coolest place good chance of nap.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,899  
Good morning! 71˚F heading to the mmid 90s, South wind, partly cloudy.

The trail maintenance team did a good job of spreading a dozen piles of mulch along a mile of trails. There were 22 of us working like ants. The older generation really knows how to work and it's a pleasure to work with them. We divided into 3 groups the loaders with pitch forks at the piles, the haulers who pushed the wheelbarrows and the spreaders with rakes where the wheelbarrows dumped. No diesel was consumed.

My 2 aunts brought my mother red potatoes from their gardens in Lee County, Kyle are your potatoes getting close to harvest? I need to turn the irrigation in my garden to once a day to start drying out the ground so the dirt will not stick together.

The ranchers are really starting to complain about fertilizer prices. The cost has tripled and they are not getting anymore for their calves. This was a good week for making hay but the lack of rain has cut into the number of bales. Fuel prices are also on the rise again.

I got a new battery in for my wife's Mac laptop but decided to wait a day to install it so I would not have to blame Thomas if it did not work. Now it's my morning project, it starts with unscrewing 8 screws in the back, etc . . . It also calls for some detailed instructions on resetting the battery's management system during and after the first charge.

The daily alligators are multiplying. The population was in the teens for about a month, now it's pushing 100.

Mostly hope you are having a good time on the trail.