Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #149,931  
65F with a light gentle rain coming down @ 19:30, accompanied by the occasional rumble of thunder. Missy the cat is in hiding.

Heading down to a low of around 61F overnight. Current soil temp 77F, 24-hour Average 70.9F.

Got front finished + all down around the house (west, east, and south) + plus all of the compost/wood lot that wasn't blocked by the fallen tree.

IMG_1685 copy.jpg

Also did the preliminary cleaning of the Cub with Stihl blower. Still needs hosed off though. Might get to that tomorrow, since it's supposed to warm (84F) again.

Got about a 1/2 dump cart load of screened compost from up at the pile and made up a half a tote of potting mix before the rain drove me in.

Ate dinner and caught a little bit of the Nightly News before heading back out since the rain had stopped.

Planted 11 of the Pink Banana Jumbo squash seeds in pots which is exactly half of them. Will do the rest if the rain lets up before too long. Then on to the pumpkins.

Cats and fish all fed.

Some pics of more hosta the deer have not eaten (yet ... :giggle:):

IMG_1683 copy.jpg

IMG_1684 copy.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #149,932  
I put down 100# Kentucky fescue seed by hand, then straw over it. Wife & I go to feed horses & horses inside stall doors are open! They're kept latched. Barn is kept locked & I was working not far from stable...so it didn't make sense.
Horses made a mess & lids off 50 ga. grain cans but thankfully caught in time, we called vet, don't think they'll founder or colic.
Cleaned up all the mess, put on grazing muzzles, then heard squealing behind stall 8ft wall. What 'tha? With ladder looked down and it was a raccoon. I put a 2x4 down so it could get out, which it did. Went back, raccoon was gone but 2 babies there.
Now I'm trying to figure out...the best solution may be to unscrew outside wall getting them out, then board or wire to keep them out.
20220514_193037.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #149,933  
Some small but energetic storms popping up this evening, but looks like most if not all will miss us either north or south. "The Arch Effect" I suppose. I could see the top of the one about 45 miles to the north of us, and it was pretty active with lightning. Tall clouds lit by the evening sun are always fun to watch ... from a distance, anyway.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,934  
Got another couple hours with the flail. Boy, slow going. With all the rain of late growth and wet near grown. Doesn’t really get a chance to dry out.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,935  
just read an article that six Texas power plants tripped due to overload caused by hot weather. They want everyone to set their a/c at 78 or higher.
Bird, keep your cool.
We may be a bit different, but we have long kept our thermostat at 75 and I'm usually too warm and Margaret's too cool. Of course, I'm much more active than she is. We do have ceiling fans and they get lots of use.

Anyway, I decided to try that 78 degree setting late yesterday. It may be a good idea, but I sure changed it back to 75 this morning.

And our weather is still 73° for a low this morning and going for 98° for a high.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #149,936  
Good morning, low 59 and high to 84°F. Wind WSW 3 mph. 40% chance of T-storms, again.

I guess I am not going to cut the grass like I wanted to today. I'll work on the floor for the tractor instead.

That is a raging river running across the road.

Outside now to enjoy the early morning tunes the frogs and birds make.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #149,937  
Good morning! 71˚F heading to the mid 90s, South wind lots of sun.
No power interruptions here but the peak power usage time will be this afternoon between 3PM and 8PM.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,938  
62F cloudy mid 70's for high on/off showers with scattered thunderstorms.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Last 3 days gallon gas has gone 20 cents...now $4.59.

Plans for today...wheel and stack least cord of wood,put new game cam in better hidden spot check other game cams,bbq something for dinner...yup that's enough.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #149,939  
good morning all
61 going to 81 today, cloudy and sticky out, summer heat is here.

.31 inches of rain

off to church, then nothing much planned.

any of you have "jumping worms"?

/ Good morning!!!! #149,940  
64 and dense fog again...84 and some sun later.

Kyle, how was the prom chauffeuring job? (spellcheck fixed my spelling)

Drizzle and rain yesterday kept me inside handling paperwork, filing, organizing and watching a movie with my wife.

Lunar eclipse tonight...hope the clouds will break so we can see it.