Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,451  
55F cloudy mid 70's for high.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Mrs.said since I been good boy and follow doctors orders :rolleyes: she would set outside watch me ever sooo slowly mow level ground but NO trimming,should have taken 2 hours but 3 hours were need...now I know how the donkey felt playing pin tail on the donkey. :oops:

Plans for today...plant 3 tomatoes 6 cukes 1 egg plant 1 squash...fingers cross Mrs. will baby set me just mow the front field...NO trimming. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,452  
Good morning, low temp 51 and high to 64°F. Wind ESE 13 mph. Showers.

Got the new sweeps installed on the trailer yesterday and painted again. Found out my Mastercraft 1/2" electric impact gun had enough torque to bust grade 8 3/8" bolts. Broke two of them. Good thing I buy them 50 per package.

Dump and town run today, then conserve energy.

I have found in the past with aggressive kittens that like to bite, I bite them on either the ear or the tail and they soon stop biting. If they bite hard enough to hurt me then I bite their ear hard enough for them to squawk, they soon stop. Them biting is their way of telling you to stop whatever you are doing, but they don't know their own strength. I bite them on the ear as hard as what I perceived them biting me and they stop and just lay their teeth on you as an indication to stop.

That is a good idea on using retired LEOs in schools, tax free. I am not saying 'change/modify 2nd amendment rights', I am saying make it more difficult for wing nuts to acquire any weapons. That is all I am saying on the subject.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #150,453  
I have found in the past with aggressive kittens that like to bite, I bite them on either the ear or the tail and they soon stop biting.
L4N we have some snakes in Texas that need training.

Good morning! Cloudless day a cool 63˚F but now with the wind coming from the South it will quickly get into the mid 90s today. The rain only saved one cycle of irrigation, system is back on to the restricted 2 days a week.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,454  
all right! Thomas has been green lighted, well, more like yellow lighted. Good progress Thomas.

I'd be happy with a security guard equipped with a taser and a panic button that calls local police. And good shelter in place procedures that keep the bag guys out of the classrooms.
You might not need guns that way, just delay long enough to get police there.

I wonder if the police car is still sitting at the elementary school 1/4 mile away. Where my biggest danger was breaking my leg in 2nd grade, not someone coming
in with automatic weapons. I think this incident has really shaken up folks, maybe finally raised consciousness enough that student safety is made more of a priority.
There absolutely are ways to improve security, and it takes money to do it. Not much if you have a volunteer. Funding for school safety is really a priority.
Worse is, it scares the little kids to hear/read about this. The world becomes a less safe place for them, robbed of their innocence all too young. An old story, but not a good one.

Don, Bird and other Texans, keep your cool. My sister is coming for lunch and it's cloudy and 63 here, perfect for sitting outside and having lunch on the picnic table by the garden.
My sister loves birds so I hope the locals will come visit.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,455  
My alarm woke me, sleeping in lazyboy with a kitten sleeping on me. Hit snooze for an hour. Need to go to work, just don’t feel like it.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,456  
in with automatic weapons. I think this incident has really shaken up folks, maybe finally raised consciousness enough that student safety is made more of a priority.
There absolutely are ways to improve security, and it takes money to do it. Not much if you have a volunteer. Funding for school safety is really a priority.
Part of the problem is anti-rights politicians...IMHO, a big part
First, an AR-15 is not, and never was an "Assault Rifle". Nor are they "automatic weapons" and cannot be convert to automatic. They are sporting rifles, that's all. That was a lie generated by anti-rights groups for scare tactics to ban them...or try to. This is happening right now, BTW.
It was the former mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, who said "Don't let a good crisis go to waste"...a despicable comment, isn't it? And this tragedy is being used (abused might be a better description) to promote a political agenda...again, despicable.
Secondly, Social Media is a huge part of the problem and maybe access should be age limited. As far as I'm concerned, social media could go away altogether...but I do understand 99.999% of people use it responsibly
As far as limited access to schools...yep

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #150,457  
Morning all, 60's going up to 70 and sunny.

Finally able to get to the lower field, still a little muddy.
Cleaned up the rest of the trees I felled there and mowed the grass.
Got the lawn tractor stuck, but was able to push it out with getting the tractor.

Down to one tree I need to fell soon in that area now, other one seems to have taken itself down, finally.

Still need to trim the bushes, they are growing like Chia Pets.

Still need to clear out the trees lying down behind the pool are and mill a few for some friends.

So much to do...and rain coming again. May use that time to pressure wash the lower back deck.

Drew - When I grew broccoli last year the heads came up small and much latter than the leaves. May not grow this year.

Stay safe and be well,

Happy Bee's
bee20220525_112251.jpg

bee20220525_112233.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #150,458  
Good morning! 68 now, high of 74 or so. Supposed to rain in a bit, maybe some rough weather later with storms.

Been busy and not saying much on here lately. I am finding there is plenty to keep me busy: yard work, bikes, trailer update, garden, etc. always something to do.

Never have had much luck starting plants from seeds, but right now, I have about 10 plants in the ground I started from seeds. Mostly peppers, but a few others as well.

Made kabobs for the first time this season last evening. They were quite good.

Get well Thomas, and anybody else that may be ailing.

Stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,459  
Good morning to all! The low was 46°, going up to 84°, sunny. They say very light breezes.... we'll see soon enough.

Thomas, it's good that the Mrs. is strictly watching over you.... at least until you get fixed up.

Drew, have a nice visit with your sister.

BEF, work from home instead? Or.... work on the homestead ? ....mmmm

Today's agenda includes the possibility of transplanting 2 skyrocket junipers from containers into the ground. Should have been done last year, since they outgrew the containers. They are now about 4-5' tall, they are struggling a bit, so it needs to be done.

That will take up most of the day, and most of my energy, at the least.

Didn't get around to making the raised bed yet, it's still on the list.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,460  
Good morning.
It’s 62 and not going to go up more than a few degrees today under cloudy skies.

Yesterday, was spent running around, first to the battery warehouse where they kept my defective battery for “observation”. They seem to think it might come back to life under their care, but are willing to replace it if it doesn’t. So I came home with one battery to replace the one for the diesel pump and standby generator.
Next run was to tractor supply to pick up a gallon of tire slime. There website showed it in stock. It wasn’t, but their computer also said they had it, but the shelf was bare. They suggested a nearby Ace Hardware, I checked their website, it showed it in stock, so I drove to the store to find that it wasn’t there either. Came home ordered it from Amazon, $9 cheaper and will be here today.
I really try to support the local merchants, but they are their own worst enemy.
Stopped at Popeyes for a chicken lunch, got some shop chores and paperwork done before calling it a day.

This morning I met a friend to lend him a bore scope and some mechanical and magnetic retrieval tools. He dropped a spring into the road ranger transmission in his dump truck.
Now I’ve got to get cleaned up for a trip to Martha’s Vineyard to drop off one person. Hopefully the Memorial Day zoo hasn’t started there yet.