Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,531  
A sad day today and yesterday. Yesterday a coyote got our beloved rooster and today he got her sister. We had a very special rooster a few months ago that was the largest and most beautiful one we ever had. A coyote got him. The good news was we had some hens setting on eggs from him. The only 2 that hatched were the rooster and hen that we lost yesterday and today. We now have one hen setting on eggs from the last rooster for the last couple of weeks. We are hoping we get another rooster and hen from that batch.

We no longer have our old Great Pyrenees that kept the coyotes away and we love the eggs from the free range chickens we have and love seeing them roam free and happy around the farm, keeping down the insects and cleaning up spilt food from the other critters.

The darn coyotes are so hard to trap and poison is out of the question with our and neighbors dogs in the neighborhood. Great Pyrenees are great livestock protectors but are so short lived that it seems like by the time they are old enough to keep the predators away they pass on. Putting up and maintaining a couple of miles of coyote proof fence is out of the question.

Maybe someone knows where we can get some of those famous coyote dispatching roadrunners?

/ Good morning!!!! #150,532  
57° this morning, calm (no wind at all is a bit unusual) and going for a high today of a clear 89°. A 20 degree high/low variation is common; a more than 30 degree variation is not.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,533  
2022-05-27, 0612

67° right now...feels cooler though. High around 80° and a chance of thunderstorms.

Once I get my remote work done, I think I'll do a dump run (stepdaughter will drive) and maybe, if it doesn't rain, mow this afternoon.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,534  
Good morning, low 59 and high to 66°F. Wind SW 5 mph. 60% chance of showers.

The plan today is to remove the roof from my comfort cab and see why the high speed doesn't work on my heater fan. Kioti wants $610.oo + tax for a replacement. There is no warranty so I might as well use some redneck engineering and see if I can get it going.
That will only happen IF the rain stays away.

tallyho, I feel your pain. Years ago we lost 24 out of 26 hens to a neighbours dog and I had to clean up the mess. The owner of the dog wouldn't. Suing him was out of the question, he was on cash for life, (welfare).

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #150,535  
56F cloudy upper 70's for high afternoon t storms rain over night.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Boo had hissy fit last night :oops: forgot to put blanket back in his spot that I replace on top stack wood pile.15 pieces wood to pick up,also found 2 solar lights remove from post on the lawn no damage.:rolleyes:

Mow the front side field best I could least high grass gone sure needs good trimming .

Plans for today...Use air hose clean inside of pickup also clean inside pickup windows...long over due,plant 3 rose bushes,afternoon have Mrs. take me on critter food run,need fuel for pickup and mowers than date night.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,536  
Hope this thread survives, it’s the only thing keeping me on here.
Oh, this thread will survive...no doubt about that. The OP will probably trim it somewhat to keep it civil

/ Good morning!!!! #150,537  
65 rain gauge stopped up last night no clue how much rain we had under tornado watch now very windy and raining pretty hard

Prayers for all Ukrainian people our Country families in Texas struggling the senseless deaths of so many

/ Good morning!!!! #150,538  
Sorry Boo was mad last night Thomas

Always thinking of you

/ Good morning!!!! #150,539  
good morning all
drizzly wet morning, hoped it would stay drier until this afternoon when rain and storms come in for awhile.
Was going to help a friend with her garden but it would be pretty muddy this morning.
So likely an indoor day, which I could use. 67 going up to 79