Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #150,811  
Thomas, hope you have found all your feathers and they are nice and smooth now.

Finished school board meeting, last one before summer, though since I'm on finance, we meet during the summer also.

Busy day tomorrow, landscapers return, landlord here, then I take 93 yo MIL out of nursing home and bring her here to show her my house, then off
to get an ice cream cone. Might be stormy weather but I'm just trying to get her out of there.

Looks like storms coming in tonight.

RS, you are going to be charging admission soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,812  
Nice trailer Drew. My MIL gave me a 6’4”x12 trailer with the BX23 I bought. Too small to haul the BX on, but nice for my ranger or ZT although I haven’t used it yet.

/ Good morning!!!! #150,813  
Sometimes I wonder if we speak the same language… Ms BX tells me she’s taking her machine and cut the tall grass I didn’t get to with the flail before my eye surgery. It was too wet.

About 1 1/2 hours later, a distress call - “I’m stuck”

IMG_0278.JPG

The area she got stuck I have never attempted with flail. Been 2+ years since I did with the brush hog. I had coached her what to be mindful of in the 4-5 ft area marked Here, not the area taller than the tractor. Pic is just after getting her out using FEL and Mule.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #150,814  
new camera lot larger than older Canon, which has some focus issues.
Ordered a 55mm UV filter for Panasonic, plus now I have a tripod to mount it on.
Will have to sit quietly outside to see if I can get a Ron-worthy picture.

set new camera on IA, intelligent automatic, which is the fancy term for point and shoot.
It has quite a lens on it, 60X zoom and stabilization. Haven't found the button for that yet. Lot of
pictograms that mean absolutely nothing to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0900 (1).JPG
    IMG_0900 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
   / Good morning!!!! #150,815  
@rswyan - we got the storm/rain you didn’t. Came up fast, rained hard. Had to scramble to get stuff put away. Spent the duration of the storm in the garage, wasn’t gonna get drenched trying to get to the house

/ Good morning!!!! #150,816  
   / Good morning!!!! #150,818  
68F and mostly cloudy @ 21:00 with some evidence of clearing towards the west earlier.

Made up some more of the fine, sifted potting mix with vermiculite to help retain moisture and used it all getting three Bush Beefsteak tomatoes repotted. Left those in the garage due to them being small and the possibility of severe weather.

Have found out that using the peat pots is problematic as far as starting seedlings (acts like a wick and soil dries out too quickly) Probably mostly a matter of how I have been going about it. Probably better to set the peat pots in a tray and water the tray and let the moisture wick up into the pot.

Got all the squash and pumpkin plants watered ... just in time for the rain apparently ... :LOL:

Woman didn't have anything planned for dinner and She's been promising me a trip to Eadies Fish House so we knocked off early and headed on down. She had the shrimp basket and I had their all-you-can eat fried grouper again ... but this time with an Ill Will Brewing's "Misanthrope Dark" which they had on tap ... which was actually pretty good.

I told her She could drive back ... ;)

Currently feeling like a beached whale ... :LOL:

Big thunderstorm came through and dumped while we were in there eating. View of the approaching storm from Eadie's parking lot as we headed in to chow:

IMG_1736 copy.jpg

Guessing they probably got more than we did here, local weather station reports only 0.32" just up the road from where we are.

Woman was just out picking slugs off Her dahlias ... she had gotten a dozen or so before I came in.

Squash and pumpkin progress:

IMG_1738 copy.jpg

Items on the right above in the peat pots are all green, red, and yellow bell peppers.

IMG_1739 copy.jpg

Couple of cucumber plants on right above, which were all that survived ... probably should start some more of those.

IMG_1740 copy.jpg

The ones above are the oldest and most mature - mix of yellow crookneck, zucchini, and some winter squash. Figure I have maybe two weeks before not having them planted in the ground will become problematic.

Next batch of starts, which I just took the clear cover off of today (seedlings were getting too tall):

IMG_1741 copy.jpg

Two rows of tomatoes, one eggplant, and three of green, red, and yellow bell peppers.

Some progress on one of The Woman's Elephant Ear plants:

IMG_1737 copy.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #150,819  
@rswyan - we got the storm/rain you didn’t. Came up fast, rained hard. Had to scramble to get stuff put away. Spent the duration of the storm in the garage, wasn’t gonna get drenched trying to get to the house

Don't blame ya one bit ... (y)

It rained pretty hard down in North Canton while were eating, probably went on for at least 15 - 20 minutes.

I noticed on the radar before we left to go eat that there were some cells down to the south and west that might be headed your way.