Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,141  
There are some trees in my woods that look more like a tornado Drew. They are physically twisted. But the NWS is adamant there was no tornado.

That don’t look like straight line winds to me. Trees look twisted.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,142  
Drew, good job on the mount. At first look, I thought there were stacks of washers on the studs..... then I saw that was just the threads of the nipples! (y) ;)

Rick, those were some strong straight line winds for sure! I bet you're glad it wasn't worse at your place!

David, Kekoa is definitely enjoying her ride with you! Sorry about the short / fuse issue. Hope it's easy to find.

RS, I give up! There is no way I can keep up....

Roy, glad no stress test needed. Don't get me started on the 'non-smoking' bandwagon....

Alien, hope the CPAP is helping Leslie. Prayers in advance for her appointment.

Thomas, I am anticipating some good pics from your evening on the porch...

Have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,143  
Good (Friday) morning. A very mild, Winter, overnight temp of only 10.6C. It's windy and clear. The high, so far, is 16.7C (62.4F) and there was 2.7mm in the gauge at 0900.

I need to haul the vacuum out and do the house... the inspiration to do this is that Penelope, mighty huntress that she is, caught a Fairy Wren and there are little feathers all over my bedroom floor. The 'corpse' has been disposed of. <sigh> Still, she's an excellent mouser so you need to take the good with the bad and she's not the only one 'taking' the odd Wren as a couple of days ago I witnessed a small hawk snatch one for a snack.

I also need to clean the inside of the ute's windscreen. All's well until sunlight directly shines into it (or headlights) and then I'm almost blinded. I've got to do this before I forget... again.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,144  
67F and clear @ 22:00, headed down to a low of 55F. Temp inside the house was 77F when I came inside at around 21:30 and I said something about it, Woman decided that yeah maybe She was hot and had me turn on the AC ... :LOL:

Got 8 of those Yellow Crookneck planted, still 12 to go.

IMG_1788 copy.jpg

As I feared, the area is full of construction debris (chunks of brick and block mainly) Used the B and D cultivator to loosen some of it up, really need to work the entire area and add screened compost to raise the grade.

Mulching @ the maple tree up behind the shop:

IMG_1789 copy.jpg

May leave it two-tone, as there's more (old) mulch in the center right around the tree than there was on the slopes.

That photo gives an idea of how dry it is here in places, tree just sucks the moisture out of the ground leaving hardly any for the grass.

New dahlia bloom:

IMG_1787 copy.jpg

One of the hibiscus had one as well:

IMG_1786 copy.jpg

There is now one less chipmunk to be wrecking havoc on the plants. He got tossed on the burn pile when I took the empty mulch bags up to the can at the road.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #152,145  
Kyle, you be Miller man now rather than Steiner man? ...or Steiner-Miller man? Hope kids are staying productive while school's out.
My friend keeps asking me when I'll sell the Beast to him for what I have in it...I told him the mower deck alone is worth 3 times what I have in it.

Kids being kids...too many video games but son is playing a June basketball league and has athletic summer training every weekday morning. He's got a limp he's trying to hide from us. Going to Dr tomorrow.

Eeeees hot. 103F

Daughter calls me at work, "Dad, what should I do if the temp light thingy on the dash comes on?"

Me- "TURN IT OFF NOW AND CALL YOUR GRANDMA TO COME PICK YOU UP!"

Went to see if I could put some water in it to nurse it home, water pouring out the bottom faster than I can pour it in. So I drove it about 1 mile towards home. Now I got 2 more miles to go. Might split that up into 2 trips. (too tight to call a wrecker). So that's what I'm doing tomorrow. I was going to change the oil in my commuter car tomorrow, but the impending drama made me just do it tonight. Changing oil in a hot engine is not my favorite thing.

PJ, you got yourself a striped club there. Smelly job coming up.

Millermatic update, we have to go through a process at work to get rid of it. To keep things on the up and up. The paperwork has started. I was told it will weld, but gets hot and quits. I plugged it in, power light comes on, (there's no wire in it) and I pulled the trigger and I believe I hear the gas solenoid clicking and the wire drive rollers rolling. I'm wondering if it might just need a new fan to cool it? Who knows. Hopefully it won't be too much, and I can fix it to use it.

The old Kohler roughneck might get some love later. I've been waiting for funds that I don't have to worry about if I just drop them into a black hole (and never see them again) to repair it. Motor needs rings and more stuff. If I get the Millermatic running, I might sell the roughneck...(if I can get it running).

Time to go drive the No coolant car another mile or so towards home.

Rich and others, sorry about all that damage. WOW!

Kekoe looking good!

Prayers for our team! Randy get better. also for those with silent needs.

Call me thirsty!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,147  
good evening all. 73ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind today, sky became partly cloudy, and high temp was 99ºF, HI 104ºF. Heat advisory til 6PM Friday, but same temps on Saturday. Slight chance of rain when cold front comes through on Sunday. Puppy retrieval first thing this morning, puppy had the zooms, so was a handful to get in truck. Had to wait till wife got up from nap t go on bike ride so it was warm!. By the time I got cooled down and lunched it was nap time so not much else done except puppy clean up on Aisle 4 . No dogs tomorrow so earlier ride tomorrow.
Dennis hope you don't have more issues with ip camera.
Scaredy hope you get your family time in tomorrow.
Doug good to hear you had a good day. is the mask moving while she is moving during sleep? That was causing big leaks and a big issue for me, as well as the wife.
Buppies sorry about wife's knee still wobbly. Thanks for update.
Roy hope dr visit went well.
Drew hope trip to Lambertville and lunch both wen well.
Billy glad no damage from storm. plenty punch in that storm. Hope coffee is good :)
Drew you think anyone will pay attention to scorpions?
Mike sorry about new issues, and old one not settled yet :(
Drew sorry about chipper noise, glad headphones helped.
Thomas hope you had plenty fun today
Roy thanks for link, hope no stress est at Dr.
Drew yes people need better sense of humor, especially those who use non-standard label. Many of us have the inertia of 60+ years of standard only.
RNG we just supposed to know I guess. Good to hear tank finally full. Have you done pressure check yet? Good to hear new shoe on touring bike. Have fun at lodge.
Chris glad you getting some rain. Hope you beat the birds to the berries.
PJ good luck with skunk family. Not sure I want to find out if I can call my wife silly girl or not :)
Ted glad you had nice round of rain. Hope trimming went well.
Paul no pic of sculpture? Happy B-day to daughter. Hope fence repair went well.
David glad no shortages at Costco. Hope H&F went well and was fun
Mike very cool pic.
RS we know how Murphy likes a challenge.
Dennis nice rain.
RS the last thing you need is motivation MIA! Glad weather is cooler for you.
David tell Sophie thanks for pic. sorry about fuse blowing.
Drew glad you got better parts for spare tire mount. And lunch was good :)
Doug hope Lesley's Dr appt goes well.
Drew glad last meeting over. Hope trip goes well. Please don't get eaten.
Rich impressive tree damage glad you not hit worse than you were.
Ted sorry no energy day.
Randy(wag) sorry about the wren. Stepdaughter had get rid of her cat, would haul her kills in the house and feather would be end to end :(
RS nice pics, love the flowers.
Kyle sorry about the car. Hope you can get miller running and can sell the roughneck. Sorry about heat, it has been hot most of Texas.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,148  
Mostly, I just don't know how you go on your rides in this heat. Be careful.

A friend told me he went with a friend to go pick up his new puppy, and they had a 30 minute ride home. Puppy pooped in the back seat of the truck and walked/jumped everywhere. Said they had to finish the trip with their heads sticking out of the truck in the hot air. He didn't stay to help the guy clean up his truck...

/ Good morning!!!! #152,149  
From the day that we started going out, 2 weeks after first meeting each other ... I have called my now wife "BabeDate" (BD for short, if written out) ... that's been 27 yrs going.

Me and My BabeDate :)

of course she calls me something less flattering ... like Dipsh#t or Hun

I have a shirt with the following written on it ... "My Wife Says That I ONLY Have Two Faults - I Don't Listen, and Something Else"
289245591_2110479752465342_2238110551651295711_n.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #152,150  
Good Evening (the day escaped me :) ), I hope that all are well, prayers continue.

I was looking for a nice keychain for my '90 GMC Tracker recently ... I have a LOT of keys, so I wanted something that was different, stood out, easily identified. I couldn't find anything. Then I got creative and "made" my own keychains, I handed a few out. Now I have people asking for them (choose from - flowers, fruit, flying insects, cubes), and I sell them for $6 each ... to think that it was just a dumb idea. I was given a photo from my friend, after she received the keychain in the mail this week (she put the card under it in the photo). I think she likes the Sunflower and yellow fob :) sometimes the simple things can make someone's day.

287187353_692593901816791_7023364239219742506_n.jpg

to

Thomas - an Avon Lady actually lives here (uggh) ... sister in law

pennwalk - NO to the hat, I still want a pet skunk

riptides - great image, but it looks like trouble, stay safe

sodamo - cool photo of the mule and zero turn. Dog is a nice touch too.

I wonder what foreign country this came in from?
I'd blame the Canadians... lol :) it looks like a June Bug to me (Albino june bug)

rswyan - I love the photos - you make me look as lazy as I feel though

mostly_gas - no visit yet, they are out of town at a wedding in Alberta. early next week is the plan now

I feel like I did very little today, but I suppose that I got a few things done. Rescued / retrieved the tenants horse from down the road, chatted with my son as he tries to figure things out re accommodations, critters are taken care of (chickens, rabbits, dog), and some bookkeeping sorted. Tomorrow is a day in town, and an ice cream cruise with the car crowd.

I think that it is time to watch a little bit of Vice Grip Garage now

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited: