Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,941  
Morning all, back from Europe.

I now know what happens to a car when rocks fall down a mountain in Switzerland.
Still waiting on the bill from the rental car company.

Big rock hits in front of us and explodes. then lots of rocks hit us.

i hit the gas and looked in the rear view mirror.

Person behind us stopped, rocks hit their car, bolder knocked off his roof rack, car sat their smoking.

Road closed and people behind him to help.

We could not get past the rocks behind us, so kept going, hoping we would not get hit more.
Windshield broken, large dents in the hood and scratches everywhere. Still had some rock bits attached to the car afterwards.

We are all ok and the rest of our trip was great.

Still catching up,

Very fortunate, Ken and thankfully you are OK.
Just before Christmas 2007, wife’s brother drove them into Hilo for some last minute grocery shopping. Weather had been quite rainy, being our wet season. Driving down the highway just before getting to Honomu a large boulder and some smaller ones came tumbling down. BIL unable to avoid, totaling his almost new pickup. Luckily neither him or my wife were injured, nor other vehicles involved. Also fortunately he had opted for Gap insurance just weeks before.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,942  
Ken glad you and family are ok

60 this morning high near 80 over three inches of rain last week everything green grass needs mowed tired got home last night at 10:30 lots to put up midnight bedtime

Prayers for all

Toppop you are in our prayers

Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #152,944  
Thank goodness Randy

/ Good morning!!!! #152,945  
Still around, more later.
well that is sure excellent news
hope every day improves Randy.

should be another nice sunny summer day here. cool 60 out now going up to mid 80s.
wish I could send a little of this cooler weather to folks in Texas and NM.

need to do a little food shopping, then wash car.
Off this afternoon to see a British comedy Phantom of the Open at County theatre in Doylestown.
Theatre has been around forever, went there as a child, all renovated now

movie at 4pm, long time since I've seen a matinee film, then dinner at local Vietnamese restaurant.
Welcome home Buppies, back to work.

hope you all have a great start to the week.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,946  
83° for a low and going for 103° for a high today and no relief in sight for the foreseeable future. I've noticed lawns all over this area (including mine) are showing the effects of the heat and lack of rain.

I just noticed on my computer that I quit smoking 16 years ago today.🤣🤣🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #152,947  
60 outside this AM. Heading to mid 80's. Grass needs attention today. Is like every other day it can be cut.
Worked on Milk house yesterday. After spending half the day shopping. Supplies and what not. Managed to get about 3/4's of the siding off one side and cleaned the framing. That was 100 years of bugs, bee and hornet nests and of course squirrels in there. No treasure was found. Will finish removing wood and run some new electric on that side today.
Hope all have a good start to the work week. Welcome home Ken and buppies. Be safe today in all activities.

Attachments

• 27006.jpeg
    27006.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
   / Good morning!!!! #152,948  
Riptides, I love the patina on the roof. I'm guessing it leaks. Very cool what you are doing to restore.
Hope it's fun for you. Don't get stung. Don't breathe the dust.
You are creating your own treasure.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,949  
Good morning! 75˚F heading to the hundreds for the next ten days at least. Looks like the only thing that will bring heat relief and rain is a hurricane at this point.

Our monthly Park cedarcide has been canceled due to excessive heat.

Thanks for checking in Randy. Looks like we need to start working on an escape plan.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,950  
58° now highs in the mid to upper 80’s this afternoon. Dew point 54° a nice morning again. Humidity cranking up as the day goes on.

Need to take a grocery and beer trip this morning then do some mowing this afternoon when the back yard gets in the shade. I had mentioned no veggie garden this year so naturally the mrs went to a local nursery that was closing for the season to pick up some herb plants and brought home some overgrown tomato plants for free. Weeded a few whiskey barrels and planted those. When I came in there were packets of summer squash and cuke seeds on the table. Weeded the rest of the barrels and wash tub containers and planted a “container garden” we’ll see what happens lol.

@Mostly - yes the trimmer got a good workout.

Hanging baskets wifey got from same nursery last month.

IMG_0009.JPG

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy

Prayers for those in need, our country and peace around the world

Last edited: