Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,981  
No brown outs but close today. They asked us to save energy because they are running low on natural gas, coal, and the wind is not blowing so the wind turbines were not generating power.

It did rain .02" today while the sun was shining and 102˚. Lucky my Tempest weather station measures the vibration of the raindrops and not the actual water accumulation because the water evaporated before it could accumulate.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,982  
73F and partly cloudy @ 11:45, heading down to a low of 71F overnight with a chance of scattered thunderstorms developing ... 🤞

High hit 89.6F here today and it was feeling a little warm out there this afternoon.

Woman informed me that plants out front were drooping and needed watered first thing so that was the first order of business.

"King Kong" strawberries showing good signs of life, kinda wish I had ordered more of them:

IMG_1850 copy.jpg

Hope the "EarliGlows" turn out as good.

Hopper feeder was not completely empty so I put off filling it until tomorrow.

Woman had a hankering for some ham and bean soup so She headed out to do a little shopping to make that happen as well as gather other supplies. Ended up getting a couple of Taco Supremes from The Bell for lunch plus an iced coffee from Dunkin' out of that deal ... as well as a 12 pack of Mikes ... (y)

The 20 pots with the asparagus in them got topped off with screened compost then two dump cart loads of plants from the garage loaded up and moved around back.

Woman did some work on her dahlias out front when She got back, need to give Her a hand with that tomorrow and get it finished up. One new one blooming - "Edge of Joy":

IMG_1851 copy.jpg

She said these below were "the prettiest" ... I think mainly because no bugs had been chewing on the blooms ... ;):

IMG_1852 copy.jpg

IMG_1853 copy.jpg

A little more clean up done on the back patio, plants unloaded and arranged, staked a couple of the larger tomato plants (including the one which has an 1 1/2" tomato on it):

IMG_1854 copy.jpg

Some of what is still left up front: larger peppers (and tomatoes) that were "pruned", smaller peppers a little beyond seedling stage, and the 5 eggplants that for some reason haven't really taken off:

IMG_1849 copy.jpg

That doesn't include the seedlings that I haven't managed to get potted yet.

Water Buffalo refilled.

More string trimming along electric fence line, moved garden hose in preparation for spraying tomorrow.

Got the 3 summer squash that were slated for the flower bed planted there and well-watered in with MiracleGro solution.

May go ahead and plant the last one that was going to be planted in back since it allows me to avoid digging around the gas valve for the pool/frog pond (think it has a 3" or 4" feed line and I'm hitting something there) since I have room in the corner of the flower bed.

Squash along the back of the frog pond all watered along with all the plants in the garden.

Woman did some weeding in the irises while I was doing that.

Picked two more zucchini which Woman took over to the neighbor lady friend along with some of the ham and bean soup.

Took some tools up to the shop and checked the bag on Japanese Beetle trap on the way back down, it will need to be changed out tomorrow as it's nearly full.

Shut it down and closed things up around 21:30 or so, thankfully no plants to move into the garage.

Came inside and enjoyed some of that ham and bean soup which turned out very good, along with a salad and a Mike's Hard Lemonade while watching that Escape to the Chateau program on PBS. Funny stuff.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #152,983  
Dang....you sure have some talent.

Thanks for the kind words Mike.

Have enjoyed reading and seeing the progress at your place, milk house renos and all.

Great sunset photo with your young ladies ... thank for sharing (y)

I get exhausted just reading what you are doing. :)

Exhaustion is a near daily occurrence hereabouts ... but in a good sort of way ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #152,984  
2022-07-12, 0447

68° right now...high about 80

/ Good morning!!!! #152,985  
64 high of 91 today heat and humidity back

BEF lived at SML for 21 years

Prayers for all

Toppop Kyle Eric Helogabals all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #152,986  
No brown outs but close today. They asked us to save energy because they are running low on natural gas, coal, and the wind is not blowing so the wind turbines were not generating power.

It did rain .02" today while the sun was shining and 102˚. Lucky my Tempest weather station measures the vibration of the raindrops and not the actual water accumulation because the water evaporated before it could accumulate.
Well, you got more rain than I did. Another day with 104° forecast and no relief in sight. All the yards in this area, including mine of course, are sure showing the signs of the heat and lack of water.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,987  
good morning all
Buppies said it, heat and humidity is back today, thunderstorms this afternoon and tonight
at least not 104
I wonder how the plants are doing in that Texas heat.
Now that's Texas sized heat...

I'm going to take the new steering wheel for my golf cart up to the dealer and see if he can salvage the situation.
And I'm going to ask him how to hop up the cart for more power.
Power to the people. More amps, more volts.

RS, you need to get those veggies in the ground. It's the middle of July.
kinda wish I had ordered more of them
You really are having too much fun

thank goodness for reminder calls from doctors. I had forgot my next pain doc appt, after my first epidural.
Which lasted all of two wonderful blissful pain free days. I was a new man. Until it all wore off.
I believe he will do one more, sometimes it takes two. Next time having them knock me out with propafol first.
Great drug, no side effects, fascinating short term memory loss of sorts, and if not used as a sleep aid...apparently the anesthesia
of choice for this kind of procedure. Poking big needles near the spinal cord really requires you to not move around, and any of you who has ever
had a spinal tap know what that feels like. I'd rather be knocked out...

Toppop, every morning we send you a Good Morning and hope for a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,988  
65 outside this AM. Heading to lower 90's.

No work on Milk House yesterday, did the grass instead. Need to get the weed whacker out and do the walk of shame. From the looks of it, seems like we are still in prime grass cutting season. Weather is watering the lawns and pastures every few days and the mornings are cool with dew. Grass looks good. LOL. We have left a lot of our pastures go wild the last two years, that helps with less cutting. It also keeps me away from getting stuck in wet spots. LOL.

I really need to close up that one side of the Milk House today, but with rain in the forecast, I need to get that string trimming done.

Hope all have a great day today. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,989  
Riptides, you organize a big barbecue, and I bet you could get three or four TBN guys to come down or up or over and give you an Amish style work day.
Restoring things is very satisfying. I'd be fairly useless but you could stick me on your Kubota mowing the fields. And refreshments. I do refreshments well... :)

/ Good morning!!!! #152,990  
Riptides, you organize a big barbecue, and I bet you could get three or four TBN guys to come down or up or over and give you an Amish style work day.
Restoring things is very satisfying. I'd be fairly useless but you could stick me on your Kubota mowing the fields. And refreshments. I do refreshments well... :)

Is a great idea.....just one issue....it's the wife's tractor.

LOL.

And, well, the ZTR just beats me all to hades. The wife will not go near that thing, and well...your back and neck would not appreciate that ride either.