Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,792  
74 should be raining soon high in 80s not a lot of rain one quarter inch type

Prayers for all Toppop, LS knee, Kyle, all others silent or spoken our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #153,793  
It's 74 outside heading to mid 80's.

Nothing to report on gents, yesterday was shot due to the legal issues stemming from the March micro-burst that damaged the property. Yeah, depressing and well, just not right. Recall I also just got my premium doubled.

Today, since we are in the pop up t-storm pattern, IF the grass dries out, mowing...mowing...mowing.
Mostly, it is not only the rain, the humidity is feeding my grass too. I cannot recall a day this "summer" where I go tend to the animals and the grass is NOT wet.

I would sure share the water if I could.

Hope all have a good day, and those that are in need of healing, heal. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,794  
Good morning! 77˚F clear skies 0% chance of rain. heading for our 48th 100s degree day this year, the most we have had this early in the Summer. Almost a month without rain. Whipper just can't seem to get an extended walk in the evenings when it's always 101˚ around 6:30-7 pm.

Today is my yard water day, just trying to keep the yard from having to be replaced. The city is trying to get everyone to let their yard go dormant, but it does not go dormant in the Summer with no water it dies, and new sod must be brought in next spring at a very high cost. I'll just take the $ hit now in the third tier water bill rates.

Drew, as Wilbur and Orville Wright's preacher father said often: "All the money anyone needs is just enough to prevent one from being a burden to others."

Finished the Wright Brothers book, need to find another book to ease past these hunkering down scorching afternoons.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,795  
Good Morning
It’s 72 with a high in the upper 80’s forecast with a slight chance of showers later in the day. We did get 1/4” of rain overnight, not sure that anything will green up with that little, but it’s better than nothing.

Yesterday followed the plan with trips to HF and Lowes as well as the fastener house. They’re the only place I can get short (3/4”) coarse thread drywall screws, and at a reasonable price. I paid a whole dollar for 300 screws.

Used the plunder to accomplish tasks about the shop and keep busy for the majority of the day.

Wife has a few repair tasks for me today that will involve the lathe and hydraulic press amongst other tools, and I would like to spend some time creating some (musical)samples to use with the band.
So I suspect it’s another day that will pass quickly.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,796  
Morning all, looks like we had almost 3/4" of rain overnight and only lost power for a few minutes.
Going to be a wonderfully humid 92 today.

Got some sanding done on the Ash plank for my friend. Too hit for much else.

Stay safe and be well,

Before, ripping chain left it quite rough
20220727_164804.jpg

After-getting to look like it should. Short planks for this "order"
Flap disk on ginder, followed by palm sander.
20220727_171147.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #153,797  
Good Morning!!!! 75F @ 6:45AM. Sunny. High 104F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

Not much luck reviving the Unifi router yesterday, so I've moved most of what's here over to using the Starlink router. There are still some things not on it yet, but I'm getting to them as I find them. Now I just hope that the Starlink router doesn't go belly up, as their tech support seems to be almost nonexistent.

Spot sprayed a tank of RM43 with side-by-side yesterday, catching up with a lot more yellow star thistle than last year. The side-by-side over heated again, but I can't see where the cooling system is leaking. Hope it's not a bad head gasket.

Off to town for groceries and errands today.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,799  
IMG_1042.JPG

Warning the stems of peppers will ignite when microwaved.

All plants absorb minerals like iron, magnesium, and copper from the soil through their roots, dispersing them in various amounts throughout their stems, leaves, and fruit.

I was thawing out this frozen pepper when the stem ignited after 15 seconds. I quickly extinguished it with my hand.
Apparently it is a thing.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,800  
80F and supposedly mostly cloudy but I'm seeing sun looking out the window. HI 83F, headed up to a high of around 87F. Had a good downpour earlier as I was waking up, LWS reports (another ?) 0.22" ...

Another day where I can escape watering for most of the stuff in pots ... :giggle:

Got 11 holes punched in the two sheets I'll be welding on the bottom of floor/deck when I went up to close things up last night. A little more forward progress. Now I need to clean the oil off, de-burr the holes, and do a little more grinding for a better fit and they can be welded in.

Also cleaned up the blobs of grease that fell on the shop floor from the lube job.

Agenda for today:

Refill hopper, nyjer, and suet feeders.

Check Japanese Beetle trap bag.

Remove tiller and swap out for box blade.

Remove light material bucket and swap out for stump/shrub bucket.

Dig out that pipe in the garden area.

Remove stump/shrub bucket and swap out for light material bucket.

More compost/manure screening. I'm now alternating: one bucketload of manure followed by one bucketload of compost from the pile, rinse and repeat.

Move more screened material down to the expanded garden area to build it up.

Like down at Mike's, with the rain we've been getting lately, the grass has been growing ... so will need to take a look at that ... maybe hit the front later if it dries out.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday ... (y)