Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,021  
Here is a pic of the wall on which I want to mount the fuse box for the mini split condenser unit. About 24 inch thick. My regular hammer drill will not do that for sure. So need to buy borrow SDS hammer drill and get a drill bit long enough. Only need it big enough for 12 gauge 2 conductor with ground since it only draws 15 amp at 220 volt. Not sure if I should drill big enough to sleeve it or just push through and seal it?
I've had very good luck drilling concrete with a Bosch SDS hammer drill and Bosch bits. Not exactly stone, but around here they use a lot of granite gravel in the concrete, and the Bosch bits go right through them. I had to have the perimeter of the house drilled and doused with insecticide to cure a termite infestation, and the tech used a larger version with a long bit to do the job. Half inch holes every six feet or so, the majority of them through concrete 4 - 12" thick. Over a hundred holes, and it only took him a few hours for the whole job. You might try renting one to see how well it does. One thought is to start on a mortar joint, but with that wall thickness, you're almost guaranteed to hit stone before you get to the other side. Good Luck with the project!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,022  
79° this morning for a low and going for a sunny 93° with almost no breeze at the moment. Sure hope our Animal Control folks are working today because I just found that I have another skunk in my live trap. That's the second one this month. I reckon it's best that we no longer have a dog that could tangle with a skunk.
My usual luck. Animal Control folks in our little town don't work on weekends. If I'd known that before, I would not have set my trap until Sunday night. Anyway, the trap is in he shade, so I've sprayed a little water on it a couple of times today; don't want even a skunk to suffer too much.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,023  
Here is a pic of the wall on which I want to mount the fuse box for the mini split condenser unit. About 24 inch thick. My regular hammer drill will not do that for sure. So need to buy borrow SDS hammer drill and get a drill bit long enough. Only need it big enough for 12 gauge 2 conductor with ground since it only draws 15 amp at 220 volt. Not sure if I should drill big enough to sleeve it or just push through and seal it?View attachment 759988
talk about a drill buster. Electricians nightmare. Beautiful stonework
call before you drill?....
Is it a finished area inside?
Your wife called and said hold off on the dynamite.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,024  
Here is a pic of the wall on which I want to mount the fuse box for the mini split condenser unit. About 24 inch thick. My regular hammer drill will not do that for sure. So need to buy borrow SDS hammer drill and get a drill bit long enough. Only need it big enough for 12 gauge 2 conductor with ground since it only draws 15 amp at 220 volt. Not sure if I should drill big enough to sleeve it or just push through and seal it?View attachment 759988

I have SDS max drill if you want to try it.

My 7/8” SDS plus bit only 8”.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #155,025  
Buckeye, thank you for that. Will let you know if we need it. Thanks

/ Good morning!!!! #155,026  
IMG_5947.JPG

My dewalt handles the 7/8” bit ok. I use it to set anchors in concrete, so only drilling about 3”.
IMG_5948.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #155,027  
now back out to grease after lunch.
Can see now with flashlight down into steering parts, no zerk there, but I have white grease in a spray can with a long nozzle and that gets down into the gearing.
Over the years I've squirted a lot of oil down there.
those hydraulic lines still look good, original to 1986. Wonder if I should get new ones made or just wait for a leak.
The leak will never be critical because this machine is not critical, it's like having an old car in the garage.
They are only to pick up the mower deck, not like hoses to FEL.

Lou, you have an really old hydraulic hoses that are just fine?
I look for cracks, don't see any. But could things be decomposing inside?
We have some hoses on the farm that are 50 years old or more, most of those are on lower pressure systems then newer equipment.
Some of the old systems only put out 600PSI, then more "modern" ones 12-1600PSI, now it's 22-2600 PSI on most.
Some of the equipment cylinder hoses out in the sun and weather are cracked and peeling, some of them have the outer hose flaking off and the steel braid showing. On my old Dynahoe when a couple of lines got over pressured and damaged they actual had hard rubber bits that got knocked loose inside the hose and traveled around in the system till the suction filter got them.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,028  
Good afternoon! At Ashland County Fairgrounds for a race. It is a very pleasant 78.

Not working as hard tonight. Both Yamaha’s broke the rubber bands last night. So we are running the Hooligan bike in the All Star twins class and the Hooligan class. Johnny will be riding a KTM for the first time in the All Star singles class. I may be going to visit the neighborhood KTM dealer next week to see if they wanna play.

Kyle should recognize this bike and rider. Was hanging out there for a bit.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,029  
Have you thought of going up and over?
Can you go through an attic and come out an eave?
Then run the wire down the outside.
It might not look too bad with a good cable cover.
I've brick exterior and that's what they did for some cable runs.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,030  
70F clear sky.

Been slow motion day... Road side service tech show up...heck off nice young man...all he had to do use my floor jack remove tire install spare,removing the spare tire from under pickup was chore :rolleyes: since tire been there 7 years,cable and latch got good cleaning soaking of lube.

Plans for evening...some bbq goodies and seat on the deck wait for critter and stars.

Enjoy your evening all.