Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #155,121  
Good Morning
74 going to 90 again chance of t storms later in the day.

Yesterday started with a visit from Drew and his friend Bill.
We were able to check off all the items on Drew’s list pretty quickly.
Bill is a Gravely guy, so when we were finished I took him down to shed and showed him the gravely stuff that I still had. I gave a lot away over the years, but there is still one that was converted to Honda power and a handful of attachments.

I puttered around for the rest of the day got a few things taken care of.

Not much productive will happen today, I’ve got to go to Newport News and Portland, ME to pick up the people I dropped off last week. At least I’ll get both trips done today with only one commute to the airport. Then I shouldn’t have to venture out for a while.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,122  
Good Morning!!!! 75F @ 4:30AM. Sunny. High near 100F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
A Excessive Heat Warning is posted starting Saturday, lasting through Tuesday. Just what we need for the Labor Day holiday weekend. My plans call for heading to the coast and maybe finding some cooler air.

Looking forward to the hot tub install, Drew.🍿Thanks for sharing those fine memories, too.

Ran a couple of fuel flow tests on the touring bike yesterday, and all checked out fine. Found an article that recommended drilling a hole in the fuel cap to improve tank venting, so did that as a belt-and-suspenders precaution. But still don't think I've found a smoking gun for the fuel starvation problem.

Running the new red bike up and down the driveway in the trailer left it covered in a thick layer of dust, so both it and the touring bike got a bath yesterday. Then I noticed that the rack on the red bike was bent, along with the saddle bag brackets. Got a start straightening them out, but need to find my four foot pry bar to finish the job. Haven't seen it in months, so I've put it in a place where it wouldn't get lost, and now it is.🤬🤣

Cooled off under the patio shower with a margarita late yesterday afternoon; it really hit the spot.🍸

Looks like the land plane landed at the freight terminal this morning, so I'll try to get ahold of someone over there and see if I can pick it up today. And run a few other errands in town while I'm there.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #155,123  
The garden tiller engine was not repairable since parts were no longer available. Replaced the Italian Acme engine on the BCS tiller with a Kohler engine that has parts and support. It works great and has electric start . Also the tiller has differential lock when needed and the ability to brake each wheel to make turns easy
IMG_0686.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #155,124  
Going up top 92 and maybe rain later?
Son started school today.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,125  
Good morning! 70 now, just rained again. Supposed to get to 77 today. Had several short, heavy rains yesterday.

Put up a HF LED light in the garage. Pretty impressive light from a single tube. When they go on sale again, gonna pick up some more. Then retire some more fluorescent fixtures.

Made a stone guard for the race bike radiator. Got serious about cleaning up the electrical system. Some people should never be allowed near wires!

And puttered about. Guess today will bring the same.

Spent a lot of time holding onto a Kohler powered Gravely when I was young. Sometimes think about getting one to screw around with, but then remember I have enough stuff to putter with!

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #155,126  
62°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 88° today. Storms passing through yesterday brought some cooler air and lower humidity, both welcome. Going to warm back up into the 90s later this week and the weekend. Most of the rain missed us either north or south, but we did get a little here and there.

Nice memories, Drew.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,127  
Good Morning

dump loading, and dump run; bookkeeping, banking; and tonight the food scraps pickup / sorting / deliver boxes, ... that's about it today

daugen - 3 AM might work, or get a spotter, or drive out forward (less stressful). Thanks for sharing the photo, you are in my thoughts and prayers, changes are tough. All the best with the hot tub.

Buppies - falling and the aftermath is tough, do take care. Prayers that you heal upquickly, no pa

popgadget - glad that you guys had a good, productive, enjoyable visit. safe travels today

RNG - all the best a you work on the bikes, then time to enjoy the California Coast ❤️ :cool: , exciting when new equipment arrives, the Land Pride will be great

kenmbz - school days are good, i miss dropping the kids off, picking them up, hearing their stories of the day

/ Good morning!!!! #155,128  
RNG - all the best a you work on the bikes, then time to enjoy the California Coast ❤️ :cool: , exciting when new equipment arrives, the Land Pride will be great
This one is coming from Everything Attachments, SC. They said 3-4 months wait when I ordered. I think I could have found a Land Pride in stock somewhere if I didn't want to wait, but with all the rocks in the ground here, I didn't want to take a chance with anything less. Their box blade I've been using and abusing has suffered nothing but lost paint so far.

/ Good morning!!!! #155,129  
One of our adopted kids was the primary care taker of our goats when she lived at home. She milked them daily and had a close bond to them. During her overseas travels and assignments she always sends us back pictures of goats that she run across. We have pictures from Middle East, Afghanistan, and many other countries and even pictures of Reindeers from the arctics. The picture below is from Morocco where the goats are climbing trees to eat nuts. Who said goats do not climb trees?

0bf6cfdf-d933-424e-bd27-c7f12d87695d 2.jpg