Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,351  
59F and supposedly cloudy @ 13:00 but I see the sun is trying to make an appearance. Calling for a high of around 64F today. Low temp overnight was 45.5F ... finally had to turn the heat on.

Soil temp currently 59F, 24-hour average down to 59.8F.

Was able to get the mowing on the front lawn all finished up yesterday afternoon after rain quit. Still have to do down here around the house. Leaves on many trees starting to turn and fall.

Got some online banking done.

Woman picked up a couple of funnels yesterday afternoon while she was out so plan on getting the plate compactor serviced and filled with oil/gas today and maybe giving it a test run.

May make the run up to Tucker in the Falls to pick up the geo-tex and vapor barrier.

Also need to order some stuff from Menards (cat litter, plastic washers) and since there is one up that way probably go ahead and knock that out as well.

Or might hold off until Monday when they are calling for rain. That would probably be the better idea, take advantage of the nice, dry weather while I can.

Need to start moving the screened clay down to the pole barn anyways.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,352  
45F cloudy.

Been good day getting little things done outside,while outside I smelt something I haven't smelts for months :oops: Mrs. started her wood furnace :eek: when I enter house temp went from 70F to 79F and she had BIG smile. :rolleyes:

Notice today more and more lady bugs and wooly bears another signs of what coming.

Enjoy your evening all.

Yester years it was hand shovel and pace yourself loading,now it's hand motion to halt mega beast from loading more.

Attachments

• Loader.jpg
    Loader.jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 56
   / Good morning!!!! #156,353  
46° now, wind still blowing 10-15 mph with gusts 35+

Lost power around 5:00 pm (why always at supper time lol) tree took out wires and a pole, estimate fixed by 11:00 pm. Was a good excuse to eat out! Fired up generator before it got cold inside. Hate the noise, like having water, lights and heat.

Got a lot done outside today, moved some lawn and garden stuff to it’s winter spot and patched some holes in the driveway that washed out during the last rain.

Oh well think I’ll take a snooze, that bring the power back on.

Edit
Yep I was right, about 10 minutes after I laid down.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,354  
Hate to hear this news, Buppies...another skin cancer and a fall...sounds like the beach in South Carolina is safer...hope you can get a break and get back down there. I tripped on a rock and fell while hiking Sunday...fortunately, it wasn't a bad fall.

Roy, wishing your family good health.

BEF, sounds like you may get loaded up with stress with the land, car and job change. Take care of yourself.

Pop, real nice gun.

Had a long day in the mountains today...finished hiking the A/T in the South District of Shenandoah by hiking both of my remaining planned day-hikes in one day so that I could finish up. Just two hikes left in the Central District and I will have finished hiking all of the park's A/T, both Northbound and Southbound.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,355  
For Ken and other Stiltweed "lovers"...looks like the Park Service is starting to work on their problem.

Saw these signs on one section of trail, and saw no stiltgrass. There is a lot of it in certain other sections.
20220923_103912.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,356  
The boys got a good bill of health. Appointment took way longer than usual. Guess a result of there being just the single vet. A vet shortage in the state and our previous Dr moved to another practice just after our last appointment. Current Vet is actually the practice owner and was the first to examine the boys back when we first got them. Was a bit ego stroking to hear his comments as he examined each one and his final instructions, “wherever your doing, keep it up as they are doing great”.

A very nice lunch at home led to a very nice nap which kinda removed productivity from the equation. Oh well.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,357  
Good evening all. 64ºF for the start, mostly clear sky. light breeze. Light to moderate wind, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 95ºF. Bike ride on Peugeot this morning, nice to have bike working again, mixed up some 50:1 2 stroke gas, and weed eated around house. Lubed Peugeot chain, adjusted brakes and rear wheel skewer. Did get nap in.
David glad dinner was good sorry guys lost, but nice it was fun.
Roy sorry about the less than enthusiastic report.
NHBX nice rain, but with the cool and wind may not be much fun outside.
Thomas hope day goes as planned.
Drew hope you don't get caught, enjoy the cool weather. Lot going on this morning. Glad dinner was good, sorry tinnitus cut it short.
Buppies sorry about the cancer and the fall. Get well soon, prayers sent.
Frits no rain stops grass growing every time. You sound good for 80yo.
Ken sorry about time to winterize the pool.
Don glad you are taking such good care of your mom. You should be getting 10ºF improvement early next week.
Paul congrats on new gun and nice to practice already. Glad good concert, hope prep for open house goes well.
Mike sorry about real job. Good to hear good dinner with lots of family present. Clydesdales were based in STL for long time so got to see them often.
Scotty hope you cool off soon.
RNG sorry about the BMW pricing.
Mark glad you got a cool down
Rich no wonder bike no reliable! Glad concert/dinner good.
PJ enjoy the rain and cool weather.
David hope the boy do ok with the vet visit.
RS hope plate compactor is up and running w/o too many issue. hope you can utilize the warm dry weather the way you have been.
Thomas your wife sounds like my wife! 79ºF too warm for me :(
Billy congrats on hiking the A/T.
David congrats on the boys vet visit. Naps help me keep going.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle, not get sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery,Mike /spine injury and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,358  
Thanks wngsprd got a nice black eye awoken half closed this cancer a little one burn and scrape in October basil cell. Some days I wish this was another beach day maybe one day. Impressive what you have done on Appalachian Trail

/ Good morning!!!! #156,359  
Thanks Mostly

Sodamo glad pups are doing well dogs and cats can be so special

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,360  
Old eyes aren't the best at picking up the sights sometimes, Paul. And holding a micro-9 steady is something else again, too...

One of the motels we used during this last trip had one of those inside/outside heat pump things installed. The inside fan made an irritating high pitched whine, and the outside unit made a big woosh sound at the end of every cycle. Is this sort of noise typical? I ended up turing the darn thing off so I could get some sleep.

The sights are pretty visible, I need adjust them or my sight picture as well as work on my grip. My normal grip drew blood on my left thumb from multiple encounters with the slide. Nothing serious, but definitely an annoyance pointing out that I need to do something different.

The units in motels are generally just a glorified window air conditioner with a heat pump mode. The whoosh that you heard was the pressure equalizing when it shut off. The mini split systems are just about silent, and multiple orders more efficient.