Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,411  
61F blue sky wind final calming down.

Been good outside puttering day.
Neighbor down the road flag me down as I drove by and ask if I could help removing oil filter which dented up trying to loosen,I return with pipe wrench and couple snaps loosen and remove while he was inside...he wanted to know how I did it...shhhhh. ;)

On my return to shed for rake this little cutie was checking out bird feeding area,once he saw me climb pine tree than slide down and bounded out threw woods.

No plans this evening.

Enjoy your evening all.

Attachments

• Cub 9-24-22.JPG
    Cub 9-24-22.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • Cub 9-24-22A.JPG
    Cub 9-24-22A.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
   / Good morning!!!! #156,412  
Went to an optometrist a month ago for new glasses, she saw a spot in my eye set me up with an Ophthalmologist
who saw a retina that was becoming detached so she nailed it down with a laser, had my two week checkup yesterday,
they saw some more detached areas and went in and lasered it again several dozen more spots to try and secure it in place
and stop the occasional bleeding. Just really looking forward to my next visit, NOT. But it's another of those things that the
alternative is less pleasant.
Lou, I hope this works out for you. I went through detached retina surgery to fix the problem. Glad they found it early enough to not require the surgery. Wish you the best

/ Good morning!!!! #156,413  
Yea @RedNeckGeek, PO’s on any motorcycle are interesting….old bikes I can sort of understand, but crap workmanship on a modern twins class race bike is just bush league. Oddly though, sent pics of some of the finished bike bits to a friend who is quite well known in production twins class and he replied: “ you are raising the standard”. So maybe I am too picky.

We went to the local county fair yesterday. Walked around, saw the Jr. Fair animals. They set a new record this year for the Jr. fair auction of market hogs, cattle, and sheep. Largest show of farm and construction equipment I have seen for year. The NTPA Truck and Tractor pull was last night, so we stuck around as a former co-worker builds trucks for a local puller. Big turn out, but the truck we were there to see had a bad night, the header wrap caught fire about 200’ into the pull. But it was not ad bad as theit other truck a few weeks ago when they came home with, as Jay described it, “a crank shaft and connecting rod”. A mere $85k engine!

Split a large load of wood today. Feeling it tonight. But it is done.

Everyone stay safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,414  
60F and cloudy @ 21:00, heading down to a low of around 56F overnight with occasional rain showers after midnight.

Rest of clay moved down to the pole barn first thing:

IMG_2016 copy.jpg

IMG_2017 copy.jpg

Spread out clay on backside in reverse using the box blade initially. Still some more work to do on that.

Then trip to the corner for diesel and gas.

Refueled Cub when I got back, then moved plate compactor and the gas can with the rest of gas over to the barn.

Fueled the plate compactor once I got it over there, started easily on the first pull ... (y)

Used it a little outside on the clay, was a bear to drive. Will probably use the Kubota mostly to compact out there, except for right up against the building. Material is probably a little drier than it should be for proper compaction.

Got mowing done on east side down here around the house, started on the west side but did not get it finished.

Refueled Kubota.

Gathered up the last of the rocks from the rock pile and moved them to the long pile along the drive.

Pulled some black locust roots out with the loader and a chain that were up close to the barn.

Did some grading from the pole barn pad leading down to the creek crossing. That area had a couple of low spots which were wet. Hopefully got them filled in and graded out so they will drain.

Remembered to check live trap, had a customer:

IMG_2018 copy.jpg

Big, nasty male coon (notice how he bent the door of the trap) ... he might have been in there for better than 24 hours. Was not a happy camper.

He's now resting up on the compost pile, patiently awaiting the arrival of the turkey vulture clean up crew. RIP Rocky.

Moved hay wagon inside barn.

Neighbor lady and her friend came by with the dogs just as it was getting dark, bearing a gift of stuffed pepper soup which the friend had made. It was almost like a stew (rather than soup) but was quite tasty nonetheless (had a big bowl for dinner) Gave the friend 4 large bell peppers from the garden which were ready to pick.

Now time to out things away and close things up before the rain arrives and have some Marie Callender's apple pie before bed.

Hop everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #156,415  
Nice visit with the future building couple. Kinda like Dennis, in the early planning stages. They already have their property and live on it in older house built in the 50’s.
Gave them a pretty good over view from slab to roof and answered any questions they had. She took a bunch of notes. Husband says plan is to be owner-builder. They drove a Mercedes Sprinter van they’ve had since Dec. said the diesel mileage was great.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,416  
And not to forget Pizzed Off….

But yes, Post Office to collect some goodies and renewal notice for Ridgeline registration.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,418  
Good evening all. 70ºF for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light wind day, partly cloudy sky, and high temp was 95ºF. Bike ride to start day, few minutes late start sticky brake issue on Peugeot. 60 miles today. Nap after lunch. Had dinner with Stepdaughter and her husband at Mexican place.
Dennis glad good day. Glad to hear good restaurant close by. Nice overlook pic. Nice pics. Have fun with your planning.
Dennis nice drone pics
Dennis nice pics, you have a nice lot.
Dennis is that the first train you saw?
Drew sorry about the paint fumes, hope you had fun with scraper.
Billy sorry wife not home yet. Nice pic of the deer.
Don hope garage sale and work weekend go well.
Paul glad you got good weather for open house. Hope you get a new pup of your choice. Hope you got open setup in time.
Dennis hope you will get to do plenty hiking on AT. nice pics
Dennis sorry about your wife taking the car that needs oil change
RNG good luck with figuring out what is up with the engine computers without getting stranded.
Thomas you need to take him up on the offer.
Thomas not oversleep if you need it and don't have a time schedule to keep :)
Buppies paver did number on you. get well soon, more prayers.
Drew nice pics, let us know about Japanese turnips.
Mike nice pics. Good luck with milk house.
Lou prayer for eye recovery, glad kitchen remodel going better.
Ken sorry about day job.
Frits sorry to hear about kid's tax issue, hope they get the loose hair of Cody, enjoy engine show.
RS good progress yesterday, hope you get far enough t on agenda to get mowing done.
Dennis sorry about Costco bill, hope they get paperwork processing moving.
David good luck with P.O. run and meeting the couple.
Dennis much easier to see I91 in that pic.
Scaredy congrats on no SIL for a few days. Always good to got to estate sale without cash :)
Drew nice pic waiting for turnip update.
Frits glad stove chimney cleaning went well. nice pics. Shrimp looks good :)
Dennis good to hear shed is resided.
PJ glad you got some music browsing time, sorry the CD you really wanted not there yet.
Drew I have no experince with strip heaters
Thomas good job on oil filter, nice cub pics.
Rich nice compliment on race bike. Glad you had fun at fair, not much left of the engine. Do you have the wood you need for heat season done?
RS Dirt work coming along, bet live trap costumer not as angry now ;) Nice score on stew, hope you got everthing put away.
Dennis glad meeting went well, and you got to PO.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery,Mike /spine injury and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,420  
Slowly learning turbocad. Started to draw a 2 BR 1 bath cabin. Need to find out the minimum requirements for occupancy. I’m thinking an open room for kitchen and living room. A couple mini splits might heat and cool the place. Things like decks can be added later.

One of the garage sheds is on sale, little over 10k instead of almost 13 k. I might buy it at that price. 12x 20, Has 8 x 7 garage door, man door and 1 window. Vinyl siding. I need 14 ft to park tractor with finish mower. Will need driveway in and a gravel pad for it. Maybe drive to shed like this.
IMG_6385.JPG

Turns out this is a Large PA based shed company with many outlets. One near me, so I’m thinking I’ll stop by tomorrow and check them out. The dealer in Roanoke said they lost their lease and are moving at the end of the year, so trying to get rid of the inventory.

Son mowed today. So I trimmed a few trees that are hard to get ZT under.