Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #156,431  
A very heavy scotch mist is falling, so there goes the tractor stripping job. I will drive in the rain but we cannot spread the product in the rain so I don't technically work in the rain and I don't expect others to do it either. I just told junior to go back to bed.
I would but last nights' sleep was a bust. Went to bed at 2 and woke up at 4, wide awake. Went back to bed at 6 and here I am up for the day. It is too quiet in the house. No ISX 15 Cummins rumbling to lull me to sleep. This always happens, the first night in the truck is always a miserable night with too much noise and the opposite is true when I get out of the truck. Oh well, I will sleep good tonight.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,432  
59F @ 09:00 with on and off showers which have been heavy at times. LWS reports 0.35" since midnight.

Forecast is calling for thunderstorms this morning then mainly cloudy this afternoon with light rain possible.

We can certainly use the rain: high ground where I have been working was powder/dust, shady lower areas rather moist though.

Extended forecast is calling for below normal temps (highs only in the 50's and 60's) and rain for the next three days (through Wednesday), a rather abrupt end to summer. Hoping that if that rain does materialize is remains light and doesn't turn the area by the barn into a complete mud pit.

Not sure what all will be on agenda for the day today.

Hopper feeder needs refilled, so there is that at least.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,433  
Morning, 62 going up to 77 and cloudy.
Time to remove the pool furniture and start putting out Halloween decorations. She has quite a few.

Ended up at the "American Dream MAll" in Secaucus NJ , Yesterday. What a wacky place, advertised as 2nd biggest Mall in the US, but did not seem anything like Mall of America.
Has ski runs, a huge waterpark etc.
The kids wanted to go so we drove them and walked around a bit ourselves.

Welcome back L4N!

PopG - ever figure out what cause the oil tank to overpressure on that plane?

Ski run, lift all the way to the right
Garden that looked like mostly plastic?
ANd one of the strange entrance areas. Note most of the store fronts are covered in murals since there are no stores in many areas.
about a billion or so of tax dollars went into this useless behemoth. Not very crowded, ever.
Now I don't have to go back :cool:
20220924_155558.jpg
20220924_155044.jpg
20220924_142517.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,434  
A little warmer today high in the early 70's. Drizzling a little rain now with more to come.

Decided to remove 3 pine trees close to the house to make room for more fire wood storage. With the lean close to the house it will have to be cut down from the top I think to avoid telephone lines and other trees and plants. Would prefer to cut at the base and let it fall. Looks to be 80 ft tall or so maybe a little less.
In the past I have rented a 4 wheel drive manlift but wife says I am too old for that. So will call for an estimate tomorrow.

Removing the trees the plan is to put up a firewood shed in the spot. It will be handy for firewood close to the house and it will block out a portion of the neighbor behind us.

The neighbor was not amused about the prospect of a chainlink fence although I would give hime a choice for the color of the slats in the junk yard fence. He said he would stop any further tree cutting.

The fire wood shed I am planning is perhaps 24 ft by 12 ft.

Picked up Cody at the groomer yesterday and he is soft and handsome.

IMG_1083.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #156,435  
Good Morning!!!! 71F @ 6:00AM. Plentiful sunshine. High near 95F. Winds light and variable.

Got an UpLULA mag loader a couple years ago and haven't managed to break it yet. Works good.

Welcome back, Bill. Same thing happens to me when I travel.

The warranty replacement UI network switch came in last week, so yesterday I did the musical chairs thing and got the network back to normal. That's when I learned that a UI G3 Flex camera I had mounted outside had died. Had a UI G4 Bullet cam on hand to replace it with. But that's three UI products (Dream Machine Pro, 8 port PoE switch, and now the camera) that have died in only 18 months of operation. Of those, the switch was the only one eligible for warranty replacement. Turns out that the UI warranty is 2 years only if you buy direct. I didn't know that, and was using B&H Photo Video to save a bit on sales tax and shipping. I'm now regretting the UI choice, and no longer recommend them.

Was going to change the transmission and final drive gear oil on the zebra bike, but didn't have enough on hand. And now the stiff I like to use is priced at over twenty-five bux a quart! Can you say Inflation?😩🤬

More parts showed up for the new red bike, so I can get a start on that today. Nice two day turn around, but twelve bux shipping stings a bit. Another inflation bite.

Updated the OS on the iPhone yesterday, and I really dislike the interface on the Home app. It wiped out most of my "favorite" devices on the Home screen, and buried turning the devices on/off another menu deeper. I sure miss Steve Jobs at times like this. At least the download only took a few minutes, not the hours it used to take with HughesNet.

I've had Starlink for a few months now, and it's probably time to pull the plug on HughesNet, and DishTV, too. Need to do more homework on that last one first, though. Any cord cutters here want to offer their suggestions for a replacement streaming service?

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #156,436  
Good morning! Moving slow this morning, my back and arms are reminding me i split a lot of wood yesterday. 65 now, forecast high is 69. Had a mild thunderstorm this morning, still have a chance of rain today.

Only real plan today is to take the race bike to my BIL to weld the exhaust brackets. Last real improvement to make. Need to get those hard compound mile tires off of it. Got some Shinko mediums for the rear….they call them medium, more like any other brands soft compound. But they work well on a cushion track and are cheap. Haven’t decided on Maxxis or Mitas for the front.

@Popgadget, I have a Ruger SR9c, about every time I shoot it, I end up with an abused thumb. Still haven’t got the grip thing figured out. Odd, my revolvers don’t cause me to bleed…..

Louie, our MC cat is getting the evil eye from Oreo, who is using his cat tree. She thinks he should be terrified of her, but it doesn’t seem to be working….

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #156,437  
I pushed several of the pine trees over with the tractor.
Some broke at the base and some took the rootball with it when pushed over. The last 3 in the picture may not not have enough space to fall.

IMG_1088.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #156,438  
Was going to change the transmission and final drive gear oil on the zebra bike, but didn't have enough on hand. And now the stiff I like to use is priced at over twenty-five bux a quart! Can you say Inflation?😩🤬

Or is it gouging? Hard to believe a quart of oil costs 25$ to make. Maybe the dollar is that far in the dumpster.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #156,439  
54°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 77° today.

Debating whether or not I'll mow today. Probably should at least get the pasture and maybe the back yard. Just not feeling the motivation at the moment.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #156,440  
67F. We have been having light rain this morning. I'm hearing some thunder. Fall is on us. I mowed at the farm Friday and wore a jacket. I hear the heat running. I moved the long sleeve shirts to the front of the closet. The ground dried out quickly. When I mow I'm raising dust.

Chris