Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,311  
I spent a July in Mohave working on a certification project, had lots of down time to explore the area.
This is a memory I won’t forget!
I spent a lot of last summer inside, in the air conditioning. I didn't have to go to the Mojave to see 114F, it was right outside the door. That was only a couple months ago...

/ Good morning!!!! #159,312  
M7040 congrats on 57 years that’s special. My parents made it 58 when dad died. Miss he and Mother everyday been gone 20 years for dad 17 for mother

/ Good morning!!!! #159,313  
Good Afternoon! 35˚F starting the day but has warmed to the high of 45˚ with cloudy skies.

As I thought after a few trips to get the battery to full charge the Kia's Start/Stop started working so I can now disable it each trip, just as the Ranger did. The failure of the start/stop is a reliable indicator of the battery starting to go bad and it gives you at least a month's warning before the vehicle will not start, maybe more but un-tested.

Today is the last day of the Fall Festival and the "B" team is working the farm tractor (the "A" team is the over 60 team). The Christmas season starts next weekend and includes a 12' high Gingerbread house, Santa and real reindeers, breakfast with Santa (with mimosas) and a nighttime ornament hunt, and temps in the normal range for Texas: 40˚to 60˚.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,314  
29F wind gusting 25+on/off heavy snow squails,low teens overnight.

Got call 7:30am from young couple from downtown NY wanting to give the country life try on 300 acres farm they purchase in June,stop by for visit they call local PD and there nothing they could do about 3 stray dogs hanging around near the barn,we took ride to his back pasture and there were 3 dogs...they weren't domestic dogs but coyotes,while chatting in the driveway young lady said there goes 2 dogs across the road 50 yards from us :oops: I strongly suggested keep lambs chicken 2 cats 2 dogs in the house well before sunset,call Fish & Game or find some can shoot 250+ yards.

Trip to town 2 stops for the Mrs.,2 wheel barrow load of wood in the basement,remove air compressor from shed to basement,drain water hoses put away for the winter,now feet up watching Giants trying to hang on with kitten sleeping beside me.
Plans for the evening...dinner share bowl ice cream early to bed out the door early AM.

$3.89 gallon gas---Diesel $5.99 gallon. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,316  
Thomas I’ll volunteer if wasn’t so far away 22-250 equals dead

/ Good morning!!!! #159,317  
We definitely don’t bounce like we used to. The doctors told me that I was lucky to be alive after my motorcycle accident in 2019.
That was the first time that I had ever broken a bone, got stitches or been hospitalized in almost 70 years of doing stupid things.
I was a lot younger when I had the motorcycle accident but it still took me a long time to recover and I still have metal inserts tripping off at the airport screenings.
Are you completely recovered?

/ Good morning!!!! #159,318  
RNG, be careful. It took 80 years for me to figure out how to break a bone. Not fun getting back to normal. I am learning to take my neighbors offer to help when I need it. Did you get your water running again?

/ Good morning!!!! #159,319  
Did you luck wngsprd?

Ron we enjoy watching them slide down the pole

30 this morning wind gusts to 35 mph cold today warming up next week before big rain day after turkey day snow in NE

winter still looks to have a lot of surprises

Wife enjoyed yesterday I’m a happy camper

Prayers for all our Country
Buppies, good to hear you and wife had a good day.

My son and I saw 7 bucks up close and a lot of turkeys, but neither of us took a shot. Now he's back to duck hunting, and me back to the mountains next.

Tell us more about the winter surprises when you get a chance.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,320  
sipping a cup of pretty decent hotel coffee, trying to stop vibrating after 9 hours in car.
Trip went very well until I took wrong turn in Portsmouth which dumped me back into the city, through a tunnel I had never been through, and out through the hinterlands to come in at a different angle. And I arrived at the same time, odd.
car got 25.5mpg. Not very good actually and I was featherfooting it.

on hotel wifi, said I had to put in password, join this, join that, but somehow the last trip had something in memory since it recognized me and the internet turned on. Free of course, I wouldn't pay for it, have my own wifi anyway.

no plans until 10am tomorrow, just going to chill. Brought a nice grilled chicken on tossed salad in cooler, plus some tea biscuits to go with the coffee.
life is good.
and I saw a container of strawberry ice cream downstairs in the cooler.
That sounds like a good reward for a long drive.

RNG, very sorry you got banged up. Feel better soon.