Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,721  
good morning all
up too early
rain coming in around noon today

fun seeing my xmas lights up, made fun little color flashies coming through curtains.
I have a blow up Santa I'm going to fire up today, in my living room for a test.
I'm hoping it comes with tie downs or wonder how it keeps from blowing away.
Sure isn't going to stay in my tiny living room...

fake xmas tree comes upstairs today, hope to get a friend to help me decorate.
and then I might wrap some presents. All good inside stuff while it rains

when i found last year the cheapest smallest live cut tree anywhere in this area was 65 bucks, I bought a fake tree.
If I still had a tractor and PHD, I'd buy a live tree and plant it afterwards.

my winter beard is all white and I trim it at short setting. Only thing I don't like about beards is getting food in them, and
trimming hair around mouth is tiresome. Sure does keep me warmer though.

woke up sneezing and grabbing for tissues. Oh boy, hope it goes away.
The inflatables we got this year for Halloween and Thanksgiving all came with tie downs.

the nylon cord is -ok-. . . The stakes are laughable. You’d really better off with the classic yellow plastic tent stakes, or even bushcrafting some wooden ones!

feel better!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,722  
48 this AM, heading to mid 50's. Supposed to be raining according to weather app. It is not.

Managed to work on the milk house yesterday. Turned into an all day event, more framing, more concrete work (no sidewalk repair) and more wiring. Still not happy with the feed to the building. Will call another electrician in and see what we can do to lower it. Not only is it six feet high, it is not straight. Time to find another electrician.

Will have to examine Xmas lights today, and rest up a little for the work week.

Hope all have a great Sunday. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,723  
1669553073960.png

Mornin everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,725  
Good Morning
It’s 36 with rain coming before lunchtime and a high of close to 50 by 10 tonight.

Yesterday was a good day. Got some cleaning up done, trash and recycling toters back in the garage, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, all the basic household chores before heading over to the shop to do essentially the same stuff over there.

Was able to stop on my way to the airport and pick up the countertop, and let copilot tour my buddy’s wood shop.
Trip to Hyannis went very well, weather was great, we saw the ferry pulling into the harbor with our passengers as we approached the runway, they got to the airport about 20 minutes after we did.
The ride home was a beautiful view of the lights of Long Island and NYC, as it was a stunningly clear night with unlimited visibility. I apologize for not taking any pictures.

An interesting phenomenon of LED runway lights is that they have awful off axis performance, they are far from omnidirectional. To the point that if you look at a runway from 90 degrees to it, you can barely see the lights, but once you are lined up with them they are very bright.

We had a nice dinner at mission BBQ, but they were out of the prime rib, which was a disappointment for both of us. When I got home my trusty copilot helped me get the countertop upstairs. I’ll attach it today.

He lives farther from the airport than me and comes to my place to carpool when we fly together. The Prius gets better than triple the mileage of his Jeep.

Speaking of pictures, here is the my wife’s display at the Holiday Market with the work light Velcro’d to the collar tie.
IMG_1513.jpg

I’ll have to go there after 5:30 today to pack it all up and bring it home for her.

I’ll take some pictures of the counter when I finish it today as well.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,726  
Good morning! 42˚F clear skies no wind, heading to the 60s.

Since my garden still has room might make a run to Home depot to see if they still have some winter veggies, too late to plant seeds. The pepper and egg plants are coming out today.

Yesterday at the "Farm" they planted hundreds of small saplings replacing the 10% of Cypress Christmas trees that did not make it through the Summer drought, even with irrigation. The new saplings were not labeled so I could not confirm if they were Leyland Cypress trees.

They had already disced up the pumpkin patch and planted rye grass, before the rains. I should see a field of green next week instead of a field of mud. The gingerbread decorations stayed on the roof during the 1" rain Friday night.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,729  
Good Morning!!!! 46F @ 7:15AM.
Abundant sunshine. High 64F. Winds light and variable.
Looks like a cooling trend toward the end of this week, with rain coming in Thursday and into the weekend.

That's a nice worklight, Paul, but knowing me, I'd forget and leave it up on that ceiling strut.

Beautiful sunrise, Duds13. Welcome to the GM thread!

Didn't get much done yesterday besides documenting the work completed on the new-to-me red motorcycle. Kinda worn out from the past week.

Not sure what I'll get into today.

Hope everyone enjoys their day of rest...

/ Good morning!!!! #159,730  
Morning all, 44 going up to 55 again.
Calling for rain later. Still need to get the ladder up for lights, maybe during the week.

Got the temp firepit, benches and straw bales put away. Those cement blocks are heavy.

Got a few more panels cut and up.

I found a carbide burr on the dremel (craftsman version about 30 years old) works well to take out the cement nails in the electrical boxes.

Going to pick up xmas tree if wife and kid can get themselves together before the rain.

Have fun and be well