Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,771  
42°F and partly cloudy this morning, going up to 52° today.

Had two does walk out in front of me this morning less than a quarter mile from the house. It's a spot where I see the most deer, so I'm always leery driving through there. They seemed to be in no hurry, though. No place to be, I guess. Oddly, one was crossing to the west, and the other to the east. Pillaging the field debris in shifts perhaps.

Condolences on the loss of your brother-in-law, Ron.

Drew, I weigh myself every Sunday morning when I go to feed the cats. They eat in the walkout basement porch, where we also have our exercise equipment and a dial scale. To my surprise, I had only gained two pounds last week. I was certain it would be at least five or more.

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,772  
Got my lab results by logging in to the lab: Cholesterol 171, HDL 73, LDL 85, Triglycerides 85, A1C 5.7

The A1C is marginal should be 5.2 or less but close

Walking more will likely improve results some

Slow day today. Only doing essentials such as bringing in firewood and getting trash can up to the road

everyone have a nice evening

/ Good morning!!!! #159,774  
welcome prairiegirl

depressing visit to hospital, MIL could not speak, mumbled, very confused, but DIL said she was better than yesterday. Hoping it's an infection.

got my car washed and bought gas in Doylestown, wow that was expensive, 4.95 for premium.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,775  
welcome prairiegirl (that had to be a Cdn name me thought), greetings from a neighbour to your west :)

/ Good morning!!!! #159,776  
I didn’t see A1C listed on my last test results.
I’ve lost about 10 lbs, but probably put a couple back on.
Tiring day at work

/ Good morning!!!! #159,777  
I just had the most expensive dinner in my life.
Cost me over a thousand dollars.
lobster with truffles?
Wagyu standing roast?
no

Eating a soft chicken strip earlier a third of rear molar broke off...
another expensive crown
ho ho ho

Dennis, they routinely test for glucose, but AIC always seems to be an additional test, perhaps only ordered if prior sugar level high.
I think it's a more expensive test to run.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,778  
Drew, you are right with a thousand dollars for a crown and dental insurances don't usually cover much.
A1C gives a 3 month look back for what the glucose was in that period and is much more useful in monitoring diabetes. Testing for glucose gives you the results at that moment.
I control diabetes by eating very limited carbs ie no bread rice potatoes pasta etc and exercise and then test for A1C every 6 months to monitor where it is at. That way I can correct if trends up.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,779  
PJ, do the cats ever get up on the scale and weigh themselves?
I wonder what animal would be smart enough to do that and comprehend what weight is.
An orangutan? Not like a dolphin could weigh themselves.

Only humans have weighing scales...

My scale often lies. Gives me bad numbers. Fake news. Guess it needs a new battery. :cool:
But the belt holes never lie.

And when your only comfy jeans are the ones with stretch in the waist, well maybe it's not the battery.
I bet a few of us have been there done that.

Bottom line is i have to remember I'm unnecessarily carrying around an extra 20 pound bag of birdseed.
And I know what that weighs. All that weight in fat. Sigh.
I've been heavy all my life and now docs tell me it will be hard for me to lose weight with meds I'm on.
Thanks Doc.

always said I'd rather be a little fat and very happy. Just not sure the little fat is a joke any more.
And having too much weight out front, just like on your FEL........... is not a good thing.

my late wife used to say I was all gut and no butt. At least I didn't have both...

just have to really focus on what I eat.
Frits, I wonder if constant monitoring is the key, you eat too much sugar and it gives you a zap.
Do it twice in a day and get a double zap. :oops:
Too bad there isn't any noninvasive way of accessing one's blood. Closed system for good reason.
I've always liked a set of good gauges.

I'm in the high rent district. This crown is going to cost me more than a thousand. I usually have to get a root canal
which is just piling on the misery. Since I broke the tooth, think I can avoid that. ho ho ho

/ Good morning!!!! #159,780  
I still have 2 temp crowns on. Need to get the real ones. They billed insurance, then insurance only paid for 1, so I got another bill , but don’t have the crowns yet.