Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,091  
The frozen going north northern Va closest area to us. 56 outside .50 inches of rain total

/ Good morning!!!! #160,092  
Good morning to all! Low of 27°, going up to 46°, possible rain showers. Full cloud cover and some slight fog earlier this morning. At least no wind. Tomorrow has a greater chance of rain.

Didn't sleep well last night (what else is new), tossed and turned, fall asleep for 45 mins, repeat...... I couldn't tell specifically what was waking me up, it was just happening.

Maybe get a nap later. Might try and do something out in the shop.... I might just sit and stare at the birds getting baths and drinks from the pond.....

The weather patterns have definitely changed this year. There is a whole flock of mountain blue birds coming every morning to the feeders and the pond. They usually migrate further south by the end of October. Odd to see them here in December.

I need to research some UPS units. The stove uses 420W at start up, 70W normal operation. At least those figures will give me a starting point. It's just to give me some time to shut it down properly and get the genny fired up if needed. I'm thinking somewhere around 1500W would suffice.

Don, hope you have fun at the farm.... at least you're getting some seat time!

Drew, glad the MIL is getting back to normal. I'm sure the muffins will be enjoyed (even though they are crunchy) ---- nobody can refuse muffins....

Fritz, that's a lot of wood! Do you try and stay 2 years ahead, letting it season? We always had a "real" fireplace for as long as I can remember. This is our first pellet stove..... pros and cons to each. Pellet stove definitely less work.

I'm hankering for pizza.... I'll see if I can convince the wifey.... I've got a few hours to do so.....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #160,093  
67°F and .93 inches rain, still raining.

Could be an inside day.

Eye test, for peripheral vision, was a bit strange, my 1st encounter with such a machine. Have to return for results in a couple weeks.

Grilled some nice porterhouse steaks which came out perfect.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #160,094  
full disclosure...

I left the inflatables on when I left, after feeling the fans and making sure nothing was hot.
I certainly get greeted when i get home

Attachments

• IMG_1477 (1).JPG
    IMG_1477 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1476 (1).JPG
    IMG_1476 (1).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 52
   / Good morning!!!! #160,095  
Good Morning

too much for me to catch up on right now - so Be Good :) enjoy your day

/ Good morning!!!! #160,096  
39F and cloudy @ 14:00, high was 42F (earlier) ... on the downhill side at this point. Gale warning still up for Lake Erie.

Slept like a rock last night, dead to the world.

Woman was already working away downstairs this morning when I got up (late), She's a real trooper.

Got some more work done in fish room last evening, also another 18 gallons of water drawn, actually remembered to switch water back off bypass.

After I came back upstairs She and I made the first sheet cake of the season.

Also got the Elephant Ear plant moved into the dining room.

Amazon says the rest of the cookware and anti-fungal power is "out for delivery"

Agenda for today:

Some more fish room work, finish filling up the tanks.

Clean up from sanding mud, apply skim coat on patches.

Get that last dahlia pulled out of its pot.

Do the annual water heater sediment drain.

Clean furnace filter.

If I heard what I just think I heard, clean up hairball/cat barf.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #160,097  
morning all, warmer, heavy rain.
Off to Long Island to see brothers new house and go to friends daughters wedding.
3 hour drive should be much, much longer with the rain.

TXDon - I should have suggested the volume, my dad did that once and thought his phone was broken.
We had him go to Geek Squad since he is a 6 hour flight away.

LS - hope it all works out ok, sometimes it's hard to find someone to talk things through.

Drew glad MIL is better and dentist visit fix problems, but so many $$$

Thomas - hope nothing too serious with car

Kilroy - the market is still open on 29, but changed ownership and some other minor changes to restaurant etc.

Got some driveway markers done, stakes in for bushes but no wrapped yet. Got dark too fast after work.

Be well,
Duh - I switched 29&31. . . I used to work in Trenton and would take the ”scenic route” on Wednesdays if traveling between the northern and central offices 😂🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #160,098  
Thomas, how about some moose pics???
I use card reader to see pictures taken since I didn't have any spare SD cards,I plan on checking cams couple weeks or so that's if Buppies doesn't send knee deep snow our way...wish wireless game cams were strong enough to send good signal.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,099  
54°F and cloudy this morning with strong wind, steadily dropping all day. 37° now. Winds were so strong they woke me at 02:45. Not sure I ever did get back to sleep, laying there worrying about what was being torn up. Turned out to be wasted worry, as I found only a few small branches down when I went out to feed the chickens. Even the holiday decorations on the front of the house survived.

Wife had a friend over today, one of the boy's ex-girlfriends, to plan their annual cookie baking extravaganza next weekend. I hid in the basement, because that's where my instruments are.

I've always been partial to soft cookies.

Good afternoon, all.

/ Good morning!!!! #160,100  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.5C and it's presently 21.8C, partly cloudy with a gentle breeze.

The St Marys gathering was a lovely arvo with good friends and too much to nibble on. The site was at a mutual friend's camel 'farm' (yep, they've got 5 camels and conduct tours & such). Beautiful day with the upper temp reaching 28C, however the UV rays were brutal. I picked up some fish & chips for tea on the way home.

I'm off to Church in a few minutes and then I'll probably give the lawn around the house a mow this arvo as we're expecting rain tomorrow.

That's about it, take care all.