Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,881  
Good Morning!!!! 37 degrees @ 5:30AM. Plentiful sunshine. High 56F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
Picked up another 0.66" of rain yesterday morning, and had blue skies for the sunset. More due in next Friday.

Exciting news, Ted!

If it's that hot and muggy in January, Drew, what happens there in the summer?😳

Finished up on the transmission spline lube yesterday, and somewhere along the way a new starter found its way onto the bike, too. Brake flush today, maybe a test ride if I feel really ambitious.

Need to get someone out to check on the deep well pump. It stopped working over the weekend.

Wonder what happens when you don't have receipts for personal property losses with actual cash value insurance? Guess I'll find out.

Found a 2019 Sprinter for sale at a Los Angeles area Mecedes-Benz dealer with only 10 miles on it, listed at about MSRP. There seemed to be several from that year and mileage in the area. Found out it had about 40 NHTSA recalls on it, one of them still open. Turns out '19 was a change over year, with two new engines and lots of other "improvements". Many vans sat for months in dealer parking lots waiting for replacements for recalled parts. Some of the problems involved the lane departure system automagically driving the van OUT of the lane, almost causing an accident. Four years sitting in the hot California sun can't have done it any good, either. Uh, think I'll pass on that deal.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,882  
Good morning all. Only 5° here, going up to 12 today. There’s going to be a number of much colder nights for the next little while, culminating in -22° Friday night! We’ll have to put the paw covers on when I walk the dog. He certainly doesn’t like them, but he reluctantly tolerates it when I put them on. I just have to catch him and put the leash on before he sees the paw covers! Otherwise it’s a big chase throughout the living room and dining room with him barking and jumping up on the couch and everything - he creates quite a scene!

Spent a good amount of time on the tractor yesterday blowing out our driveway and parking area, plus the 500 foot driveway and parking area over at the rental property. The snowblower performed magnificently, even though the snow was quite deep at times. (It is a rear mounted blower on a Kubota BX 25.)

Discovered something interesting by accident. I can smooth out all the ruts and little bits of what not after blowing by simply lowering the blower to the ground and driving forward!

Dog started crying in the middle of the night, at 2 o’clock in the morning, so I had to take him out to pee. That was strange because I just walked him for a nice pee and a dump about three hours earlier. Good thing that was the only thing he needed to do, because it was way too cold to take him up the road for another dump. I was worried he may have some kind of problem because the little rat got into the brand new unopened bag of dog food while I was out blowing snow. Don’t know how much he ate, but I only gave him a tiny bit of food for supper. Just in case. now I have to hide the bag from both him and the mice!

Speaking of mice, I put out traps in the kitchen, but I only got one mouse. Will try putting some more in the basement tonight to see if there are any more. It would certainly be nice if it was just the one!

Have a nice day everyone!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #163,884  
You know check, if you had a cat that you only fed once a day you probably wouldn't have any mice.
Yes, and it would be fun (I like cats), and I am sure Jasper would enjoy it. Only problem is, I am very allergic to cats. Too bad, because I used to have them many many years ago!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,885  
Wonder what happens when you don't have receipts for personal property losses with actual cash value insurance? Guess I'll find out.

We had photo evidence and bounced all items up against various google provided links for replacement values.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,886  
65°F another .26 inches rain and raining

Off to Hilo airport 1st thing, dropping off Pedro. He’s returning to mainland, house having passed final, but doesn’t expect to return for a year. As a result, I also become the new owner of his 2022 Subaru Crosstrek.

Weather will determine what I do upon return, either laundry room remodel Orr wire PV panels.

Zoom Happy Hour this afternoon

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #163,887  
Good morning to all! Low of 20°, going up to 46°. Sunny, no precip. Last week, we had a storm system supposed to be here tomorrow/Wednesday. Now not showing any chances of precip..... apparently it's skipping right over us and dumping snow in Texas --- just not right.....

Need to take the wifey on a few errands today. Maybe get to finish the welding this afternoon.

Rip, is the chimney masonry? If it is, there would be a supporting 'shelf' in the attic holding it up. A bit more complicated to remove, but doable. Wood will be simple.

RS, I feel your pain.... hard to have tools spread around.

Drew, hope you enjoyed the sunrise over the water this morning.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,888  
Good morning all,
It was 45F with rain and fog when I got up this morning. Forecast is for a high of 50 with clearing skies by late afternoon. Rain due back in tomorrow.

Concrete truck showed up at 8:30 this morning and he just left. It took that long to fill all the pole holes with concrete. They moved it all with wheelbarrows and it took a while.

More internet parts due in tomorrow, as well as more harness parts so I think today will be another energy conservation day.

FedEx has been delivering my packages to my garage, which is far enough away from my house that you can't see one from the other. Called FedEx for them to put a note on delivery instructions to put packages at the house not the garage. I also put a note on the garage to not leave packages there but to deliver them to the house. We shall see what happens.

Have a good day all, let's be safe out there.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,889  
"If it's that hot and muggy in January, Drew, what happens there in the summer?"

I have been wondering what conditions make a place uninhabitable? Are there places where people can't live?

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #163,890  
We had photo evidence and bounced all items up against various google provided links for replacement values.
Finding replacement values was fairly straight forward. Determining the age of things that were already on the house when I purchased it is impossible. And I don't tend to keep receipts for small value items like light fixtures, hose hangers, or BBQ covers.