Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,901  
Paul, Zoe is sure getting bigger by the day! What will she top out at?

David, that Crosstrek sure was a great find.... how much to ship from the island? Does your son know yet?

Agree, think we got a great deal after seeing Pedro’s invoice. Even after we ship, $3190 to ship to son’s Va address and still $3k+ less.
Yes, we told them this weekend. Doing the parent thing, although giving him the car, we will be Lien Holder on the Title and told him we will release only after they have $xxxxx in verified savings. He is still driving 2001 Honda Civic bought new with his Mother cosigning. Original plan was to surprise him with a car for 50th birthday, but that got nixed when we learned about his credit card debt last year. Been providing hands on guidance ever since. Hoping this is incentive to stay on track.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,902  
Agree, think we got a great deal after seeing Pedro’s invoice. Even after we ship, $3190 to ship to son’s Va address and still $3k+ less.
Yes, we told them this weekend. Doing the parent thing, although giving him the car, we will be Lien Holder on the Title and told him we will release only after they have $xxxxx in verified savings. He is still driving 2001 Honda Civic bought new with his Mother cosigning. Original plan was to surprise him with a car for 50th birthday, but that got nixed when we learned about his credit card debt last year. Been providing hands on guidance ever since. Hoping this is incentive to stay on track.

Hope it works out
Being a parent is always a hard job about doing the right thing

/ Good morning!!!! #163,903  
David, keep drilling it in to him.
My oldest gets it. He’s been saving for a house down payment. Still drives the Elantra from college which he bought from me. Doesn’t want a car payment. He cut way back on Starbucks and meal deliveries after tracking the costs.
My youngest still hasn’t gotten a job even with a 4 yr degree in information systems. He’s just not trying very hard.

But you could ship it to me.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,904  
Good (Tuesday) morning. Overnight Low of 12C and it's presently 25.3C, a wee breeze & partly cloudy.

This morning got off with a wee bit of adrenaline as, whilst enjoying my first cup of coffee, I noticed the 'Mad Horse Woman's' horse running down the public road (posted at 100kph). I threw on my gumboots and grabbed a lead rope from the shed... by the time I'd got half way to my roadside gate (which was already open), that horse came in through that gate! 'Mad Horse Woman' came and collected the horse, she'd been feeding him outside of the paddock when a 2.5' tiger snake came over to see "what's going on?" All's well, especially as there was no traffic on the road during the episode.

I did get motivated yesterday arvo and decided to give my trees a bottom limb 'haircut'... knowing full well that once I got started it would be hard to stop as there would always be 'just one more' bough that needed cut and I had the right tool at hand. I cut them into more manageable sizes and arranged them into piles. Today will be collecting & disposing the piles.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,906  
My list about issues with children is a lot longer than you want to listen to
We have it all ranging from felons to great kids that excels in what they do
The inbuilt genes are hard to change
But we are happy for the successes

/ Good morning!!!! #163,909  
I love Texas, but it's just too cold there. :) It hit 62F here today.

First crocus of the year popped open today, about 2 weeks early.
20230130_155514.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #163,910  
Good Afternoon
It’s 50, which will likely be the high for today under sunny skies.
Snow in the forecast for next 3 days, not sure how much, or if it’s just flurries.

Today has been alternating between keeping Zoe occupied and cleaning up in the shop. Wife had a doctor appt this morning and PT this afternoon.
Still finding WI-FI devices that were connected up old WI-FI, it’s amazing how many things were connected. I still have the old network online, so it’s not an issue, but I do plan to decommission it at some point.

Zoe and I are waiting for my wife to get back so I can get back to the shop. Also waiting for staples to deliver a filing cabinet. She is more patient than I.
View attachment 781523
Man, that is a big, fluffy dog!