Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,931  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

47.6F and foggy, supposed to be on-and-off rain all day, continuing through the week. So working up at the wood lot this weekend will likely be limited. If I cut down my black-pipe spacers, maybe I will get them installed on the lower arms, since I can do that in the shed In the dry.

the last of the cabbages I bought for the chickens back in October are rotten - which considering they have been in barrels with straw outside in wildly-varying temperatures is pretty good - I only have about four soggy, smelly lumps left. I really need to excavate a hole in the hillside. . . Someday. . .

Pickled another 30 eggs, it looks like I will need to set up a twice-a-week schedule and get a bunch of jars. Pickling is easier than quiches, and easier to store.

Time to start motorvating to get to work!

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, productive, blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #163,932  
45 outside this AM, temps dropping to mid 30's today, with more rain expected soon.

Managed to frame out one window (out of four) on the Milk House for siding before the whole are suffered a power outage.
We have people here, that seem to drive into utility poles at least once a month.

Anyway, that crimped my day and motivation, so I went and got BBQ with the wife and that carried us into the end of the day.

Today I will load up on wood and get the farm house wood stove going again.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,934  
Good Morning
32 and won’t make it to 40 today, snow showers and drizzle this morning, then clearing. Probably get some snow tomorrow, but not likely plowable as the ground is above freezing.

Yesterday I did get a spot for the new filing cabinet cleared out and ready for it. Staples made a big deal over someone needing to be here to sign for it, but ultimately just left in in the driveway in front of the garage around 6pm in stealth mode. I keep whittling away at the mess in the shop, back to mining for horizontal surfaces, I know that there are rich deposits down there somewhere…….
Zoe kept me entertained as well, one of the barn cats keeps coming up to the house trying to befriend her, coming up to her and rolling on its back. Zoe only knows a couple of games with other animals, chase, nibble and tug of war, none of which seem to be what the cat wants.

After dinner, I got the file cabinet upstairs, unpacked and in place, secured to the wall.

Today will likely start with breakfast with the professor, then it’s time to start the process of sorting though the piles of manuals for just about every tool and piece of equipment in the shop that I have saved for decades. Saved, but not organized. Now it will all go into well labeled file folders and organized. I needed a new file cabinet for FAA and TSA documents, so I got one with extra capacity for all the shop documentations.
Also have to go pick up a nice heavy duty Subsoiler that I bought for scrap value from a local municipal authority. I want to make a pipe laying attachment for it. Supposed to be able to pick it up at noon.

Other than that not sure what I’ll get into. Zoe was just running laps around the house, then ran out of steam and assumed her position at the front door.

IMG_0881.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #163,935  
Took a nice warm day hike and talked with some interesting Rhode Island folks...83 YO couple with their grandson. The man was proud to say he had hiked to the top of McAfee Knob when he was 79, although he says his grandson led the hike, and sort of tricked them by not telling them how far and high they would be going. McAfee has the reputation of being the most photographed/scenic spot on the AT...not too far from BEF's new land and Buppies. Hiking it is on my list.

It’s on my list also. Very popular. Friend of mine did it about a year ago. Only 1700 ft climb I read. . Too bad the Home Place restaurant in Catawba closed, was a good eating place.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,936  
39° and dropping all day. Rain projected to stay south of me, will see.
Going to mount that camera today then try to determine and fix our PA problem.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,938  
39° and dropping all day. Rain projected to stay south of me, will see.
Going to mount that camera today then try to determine and fix our PA problem.

A good start would be to unplug the output of the mixer to the power amp(s) or powered speakers and see if the noise stops. If it does, and all inputs are unplugged from the mixer, it might be curtains for the mixer.

/ Good morning!!!! #163,939  
Good morning rain again today. Calling for a freeze by Friday, but no snow.
Day job and new work laptop took up the day/evening.

M7040 good to hear GD on the mend

BEF sounds like you are having fun with the church tech. I am sure they appreciate all your great work

Drew- coming back to the cold , but it's only a short stint. Sound like you're having fun down there. Get any good seafood by the beach?

Well, off to meetings,

/ Good morning!!!! #163,940  
Good morning to my fellow travelers here on spaceship Earth,
It was 46F and we were socked in with fog, couldn't see the other side of the creek. Forecast is for rain later this morning with a high today of 49.

Liz just called, she will be home in 1.5 hrs.... I have some cleaning to do in a hurry. She also let me know she has some 'honey do' lists, so energy conservation time is over.

Took pup for a few walks yesterday. A half mile walk in the morning and a 1.5 mile walk in the afternoon. On the morning walk we meet up with our neighbor. Pup did the Zoomies around us while we were talking, then we headed home and the pup left me and started trailing the neighbor home. I had to call her several times for her to join me. Not sure what is up with that.

Got the new wireless access point and the new security camera setup, now to figure out where to install the camera and get it put up.

There was some discussion the wall panels for the barn would be delivered today, but with the rain that is on the way, I'm betting they don't show.

Have a good day, Let's be careful out there.