Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,011  
Ma
Let us know how your torque wrench works out and what brand you bought. I need a 1/2" drive one myself, I already have 1/4 and 3/8 cheapy Harbor Freight and they do alright for my needs.
The coop is not too hot. It might warm up to 60's if all the doors are shut and they are in there.

Prayers for continued healing.

Do you have an idea of what you'd like to move into? Barndo? Home with some land and small shop? I could ask another 64 questions, but I better leave it to a few at a time. :)
Hope your trip works out, and your property damage works out. It's sometimes hard to squeeze money out of insurance companies. I would think your place would bring a hefty price if you can find a buyer who appreciates all the off grid power and fire suppression money you've put into it. To bad you can't find an insurance company that appreciates it.

I live in a manufactured home. I did it in 2004 for property tax reduction reasons. I used to live in an Austin suburb (nice home) for 10 years and got fed up. Here in Lee County, my taxes were lowered a big amount 2-3 years ago, when my home reached 15 years of age and when the state lowered taxes. My property tax strategy has turned out to be a bargain. On a tangency, with all the inflation, a replacement manufactured home would cost $200,000. I need to up my home owners insurance now for how much my home would cost to replace. They are telling me that when the home reached 15 years old, they quit doing replacement cost insurance. The home is still in decent shape (needs new windows), but I've put on a metal roof and we hope to stick it out for the long haul. They said they might send the local office team out here to assess. I'm thinking everyone in a similar situation, has the same problem. Hopefully they'll offer to raise the limits of liability without much fuss for a reasonable amount.

I keep seeing manufactured homes going up in flames in our county. Seems like nearly 1 a month. Probably a multitude of reasons. We had a close call last week. We have an older Lakewood parabolic radiant heater we use in the bathroom. The other day I went to unplug it at the wall (GFCI), and the plug/cord nearly burned me. I believe the cord had internally shorted out, causing resistance, causing heat. Glad I caught it. I'm contemplating putting a new cord on it, but the internal connections are siamesed soldered with other wires. I'm afraid if I don't get it properly done, I could have a ticking fire starter. Don't want that.

We are having a winter warning day. I'm off work for the 2nd day in a row. Doing a little mastercam at home. the temp is hanging at 32F, and it is raining. The cold air mass only goes up about 1000ft altitude from ground. Above that, they said it is 50's. So no sleet but everything not connected to the ground is getting a layer of ice.

Have a great day.

Prayers for our team.
Many of the plug in heaters are 1500+Watts, which on a 15A circuit is full load.

The plug will always get hot when the heater is on high for a long time and many people don't realize that those outlets/plugs can burn.

My little heater on a 20A circuit, the plug stays relatively cool, on the 15A it will burn you.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,012  
Do you have an idea of what you'd like to move into?
You do know I'm an engineer, right?🤣

Back in 2010 when I bought this place, I put together a spreadsheet with criteria that were important to me. The usual basic stuff like cost, location, price, size, number and kind of rooms, etc. Then I added a bunch of things about the area, like terrain, distance to various things (like Home Depot, groceries, hospital, etc.). Then things like motorcycle roads, attractions, fun things to do nearby. And things I didn't want, like close neighbors, HOA, flat roof, that sort of thing. Well, now that list has grown to 52 items, with links to various websites that have information on crime statistics, hospital quality, fire safety, Public Safety Power Shutoffs, weather/climate, and a bunch more. For any home I'm seriously considering, I'll take the hour or two needed to gather up all that info, then stew on it a while before I even think about taking a look in person.

It's worth the effort, as I hope this'll be my forever home. It better be: The last move nearly killed me, and this one's gonna be even worse!😳😉

/ Good morning!!!! #164,013  
My mistake, we did have a blizzard in the night
IMG_7827.JPG

Got a couple Amazon returns dropped off. Went on a Mission for BBQ for lunch, then gas and Costco trip.

Still sunny and just hit 36°

/ Good morning!!!! #164,014  
Good Morning - currently 43° going to 45°

Wife is getting better everyday, again thanks for the prayers..
I went to ortho doc this morning for my wrist, been sore for a month, figured it would get better but hasn't.
Got xray and tendons were inflamed - cortizone shot into hand at ring finger and a wrist wrap to keep it from moving to much..not how I wanted to start day- hand is sore from the shot...

Pop - that is a great deal on subsoiler

Kilroy - is their a brand of pickled eggs you would buy if you were in a desperate need...

Everybody have a great day..

Mark

/ Good morning!!!! #164,015  
Kyle, I always thought Texas was southern but you guys keep getting hammered by old man winter. I thought Texas was one of the low tax states. Might as well live in Pennsylvania if you want winter and high taxes. :cry:

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #164,016  
The first thing today was getting the RTV 1100 loaded up with firewood from the airline baggage carts up on the hill and load up the tub inside.
The mini split may be here end of week for an install as early as next week.
Yesterday we ordered Brisket from Mission BBQ for lunch. It was ok but not as good as our own. Not a lot of smoke flavor. Used to fly into Austin a lot and always looked up Salt Lick for the best brisket around. They use Mesquite wood for the smoker.
Also upgraded the access road for bringing down fill for the pad across from the tree cutting neighbor. I want to seriously lengthen and widening the pad and then park the two ugly American Airlines baggage carts there to block his view. Then on the inside of that will extend our wood fence a couple of sections to block our view of the carts. Then on the property line will drill in 8 inch poles that I already have on hand that are about 10 ft tall. Then a row of forsythias and then there is the row of Leeland Cypress already planted.

IMG_1566.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #164,017  
M7040... hope mrs. getting around better now.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,018  
Saw on the news icy mess Midwest south states dealing with :eek: strong thoughts for warmer weather for you folks.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,019  
22F cloudy. low teens over night.

Short work day was blurr,afterwards dump run and 2 stops for critter food,spent couple hours giving wood furnace darn good cleaning before cold snaps arrives,this evening just going to numb it.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,020  
Let us know how your torque wrench works out and what brand you bought. I need a 1/2" drive one myself, I already have 1/4 and 3/8 cheapy Harbor Freight and they do alright for my needs.
I have a CDI 250 ftlb torque wrench . Works great. It is good practice to offload it after each use and calibrate it once in while with a luggage scale.

IMG_1568.jpeg