Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,091  
.... I headed to the mountains. Wasn't sure I was going until the last minute, so did an out and back, rather than asking for a shuttle...big mistake. I bit off more than I could chew and hiked the last hour in the dark through some steep rocky sections.

Oh my. Lesson learned?

/ Good morning!!!! #164,092  
Can you give the printer a fixed IP rather than using DHCP? I have found that with many things that makes them more stable. Do the devices that print to it connect directly to the printer or though your network and router? That can cause issues sometime as well.

I’ll have to check, but probably can give it a static IP, which is my preferred method. All printing to it is wireless.

Ron, there are different ratings of HDMI cables and different HDMI versions, make sure cables are right. Most aren’t labeled well, if at all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #164,093  
good morning all
67 going up to 85 today before cold front comes through, clear morning out now

picked up host's wife last night at airport, gosh the drivers here on 95 are really crazy, I had forgotten, lane changing and road racing like mad, I almost got hit on the way, guy flew up between two lanes, car in front, and swerved over into my lane, not even close to enough room. I had to slam on the brakes and we missed him by a foot. My friend said good reactions, he was glad his truck wasn't hit. Then the same person who was doing 20 over the limit ambled off to an exit at slow speed. Driving at night on crowded highways isn't much fun. What makes it more stressful is so many folks here drive uninsured.

not sure what is planned for today, I got some sun and pink skin yesterday, need to stay out of sun today. Such a problem right for you watching the icicles drip....

Phil, maybe try some CBD oil on your thumb. It helped mine.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,096  
29° 28° 27° windy and dropping fast. But at least it’s on the positive side.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,097  
67°F and no rain.

Could be interesting day ahead. Need to get back on the laundry remodel. Neighbor has given me his aquaponic setup he quit using a few years ago. 4 tanks, a bunch of pvc piping, a pump, and I don’t know what. Some disassembly required. Whether this will take a hour or several I don’t know. Hoping this can be the start of my own hydroponics I set aside last year due to price of pvc.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Also look into “static” hydroponics, without pumps…

/ Good morning!!!! #164,099  
Good Morning
It’s 23 which is as high as it will get, going to continue downward until it’s in the single digits. But the good news is that there is no precipitation forecast.

Yesterday started with a visit from grandson while his mom went to the doctor, we had fun. He hid in a cubby when his mom came back so she could jump out and scare her.
IMG_0921.jpg

After he went home I did a Costco run, got some of the house brand Ow20 synthetic motor oil for daughter to change her oil. I’m a bit skeptical, but it meets all the API specs. Project farm tested it and says it’s good, and you can’t beat the price at less than $20 for a 5qt container.

She came over later and changed her oil while I replaced the two burnt out license plate bulbs. Her car was marking its spot before hand, which is unusual for a Toyota, so I had her look to find the source. Didn’t take long, the drain plug was missing the crush washer and wasn’t much more than hand tight. Fortunately I had neoprene faced aluminum washers that were just the ticket.

Took Zoe to the vet for a check up and some more vaccinations, they are doling them out over a period of time rather than getting a batch at once, she got two shots this time, rabies and something else. She is growing like a weed.

Got the last bits of the old projection TV down to the street along with the rest of trash and recycling before calling it a day.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,100  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).
37F and the sky is clear.
Local 4H just emailed out their Spring Plant Sale form, so we are getting several fruit trees and various other fruit bushes/vines etc. Dropping that off after work so as to not miss out like last year.

gotta whole lot of GM posts to catch up on!

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed Friday!