Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,161  
good morning all
69 in Delray Beach and raining steadily, first rain they have had in weeks.
good day to go home, have had perfect weather here for the last week.
have most stuff packed, now waking up to coffee
15 degrees at home, but high of 49 tomorrow when I get back on Sunday.
I definitely dodged Winter on this trip.

Don, very sorry about the big mess there, and your needing to redo all that hard work.
Talk about job security...hope it all melts soon for you.

time to wrap up the laptop
will check in later on train

/ Good morning!!!! #164,162  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

currently 20.1F, so it will probably get down another degree or two before it starts going up to maybe over freezing today. Even with the woodstove lit and packed with ,walnut and locust, the HVAC started kicking on around 3AM, although with long intervals. Nice bed of coals and I just threw on some poplar logs for a quick boost.

took the dog up to the woodlot for the first time in 5 days - happy pooch! Very soft ground after several days of rain, not conducive to working today. If it stays cold enough, maybe some time after church tomorrow can be put in.

Not working at the woodlot today - Mrs decided today’s hike with the local hiking club was to be the day’s activity, so we will be trekking to the top of Rabun Knob in Georgia later. We were advised to bring extra socks due to wet spots, so I think we will also pack our Muck Boots for bad crossings and keep the regular boots dry.

this evening will finally see me back in the kitchen, pickling eggs and making another monster quiche. I picked up three packages of “ugly bacon” (ends and trimmings) and May render them down tonight for the pork fat and munching. I could say something that would get this post moved, but I will merely note the packages that used to be three pounds are now half that. . .

And now to catch up on several pages of GM,

I hope everyone has a happy healthy restful blessed Saturday!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,163  
Good evening all. 29ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, overcast, periods of freezing rain in morning, rain in afternoon, high temp was 33ºF. Clean ashes and revive fire to start. Puttered till time to ride in garage again, no nap, did go out for dinner roads wet not frozen. They will refreeze tonight, hopefully they will dry tomorrow. If they do I can ride outside :)
David good to hear PV wired.
Bill hope you got to plow today.
Spike did not get over 32ºF till about noon, good melting this afternoon. It will take us a couple of days to dry up much at the forecasted temps.
Ron nice fin on Ebay. Sorry about lack of progress on earbud hookups. Nice groundhog
Mike hope you got your firewood and some more windows trimmed on milk house.
Buppies Mess is not bad, will be over soon. prayers sent.
Kilroy I wonder who ever thought a groundhog would know how long winter will last?
Drew here the ice is about half melted, tomorrow will finish the job :). I wonder if your friend what good advice his getting for free from you? Nice pic
Dave sunny is nice.
Ken good to hear inspite of distractions basement progresses. Sounds like opportunity rich environment.
Paul glad thermostat and garage door went well. nice pics, sorry about the steal and hide tool game. I can see where that large herd could be distracting. Enjoy GS time.
Jim will the new barn make clearing the garage easier? Hope clearing project continued.
RNG hope trip is good and you are able to take touring bike. Good to hear meeting went well sorry about insurance causing delays.
Frits good to hear wife is getting better. prayers sent for complete healing. Is Vizio up to date with updates?
Mark good to hear wife is healing. Prayers sent for complete healing.
Don sorry about more ice today. Sad tree pic.
Ted sunny is nice. Hope puttering was productive. The problem with driving is the other drivers, who don't have a clue. My inlaws live on Missouri/Arkansas border had 3 inch ice storm in '09. Power was out for weeks.
David hope you got the aquaponic set up dismantled and moved and made some progress on laundry remodel.
Bill expensive to get tractor to repair shop. hope the shop gets it fixed the first time. Sorry about the snow tire ineffective in the snow. I don't like freezing rain either.
Dennis good to hear some problems cleared up. Dropped connections pain in the butt, wired or wireless?
Don glad your roads are in good shape. Hope trails can be cleaned up faster than you anticipate.
Frits thanks for the link.
Doug thanks for info. Will they eat on their own after a while?
Two_bit hope that is all youir ice damage.
Thomas sorry about long day. Good to hear you are ready for the cold.
Randy(wag) sorry about the cold morning, I am sure some can send you your very groundhog ;) Hope pouch works out, When friend got replacement Leatherman Wave it came in leather pouch like you describe.
David hope that stack of stuff works out for you. Hope you did not get too much flak from Sophie over lack of laundry room work done.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /broken arm and heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's voice, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /uncle's surgery, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou /eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage not doing well, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's surgery, Scotty, /back pain, Frits /daughter recovery from surgery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
I am pretty sure alcohol was involved in that thought process - but not enough to think that a skunk would know better!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,164  
Good morning, 10 going to 31 today for us very cold. Woke up early and decided to get the wood burner up to maximum heat.

The new mini split was delivered yesterday. Install will start tomorrow. Today will clear out some in the basement for access to electrical installation of wiring for the mini split.

Hooked up the Apple TV 4 yesterday and loaded on the pictures and videos. Spent some time reviewing memories on the big screen TV and switched between slide show mode and video modes.

Not much planned for today except to stay warm

/ Good morning!!!! #164,165  
The tractor got delivered back here at about 4 P.M., trailing a stream of steam from the exhaust about 20' long. Temp was -23°F. The engine temp never did get up to operating temperature, even though the heater was blowing hot air. Cleaned out the neighbours I plow for, all 5 of them. This place can wait until it warms up a bit, Sunday I think. More snow coming on Sunday.
Temperature now is -25 and it is forecast to get to -28F tonight. Gonna be a chilly night for sure.
Yeah - but it‘s a dry cold 🤣😂🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #164,167  
14 outside this AM, mid 30's expected. Did not notice any wind this AM, but the moon was spectacular going down. Other than that, pretty quiet this morning. Beats yesterdays wind and bone chilling cold. Nothing like what some others experienced.

Managed to cut some vinyl in the Milk House yesterday after I got chased from the woods. This morning I shall get fuel, make a dump run and see if I can get to the back forty with equipment. Some wood is calling, although the temps will be in the 50's this week.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe. Stay warm too.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,168  
10° and I still hear some wind. That’s -12C
Water sputtering seems to be on the hot side. Might drain tank later today and check the elements. Got hair cut appointment this morning. Got the new mixer to install at church building, might go there and try it out.

Everyone stay warm.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,169  
Good Morning.
It’s cold, but at least on the right side of 0.
IMG_1563.jpg

Figured I’d let Tempest tell the story.

Yesterday started as a lazy day watching YouTube videos, but then I was assigned some barn chores. Had to move 30 bales from the hay shed to the barn, about 10 bales of shavings and 300 lbs of grain.
Other than that, some housekeeping in the shop pretty much killed the day.
Looks like today will start with a trip to daughters house to see why it’s 56 inside.