Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,651  
Good morning, the low temperature is 22 and the high to 30°F. Wind NE 8 mph. Clearing.

This is the last day below freezing for a while. IF the maple trees haven't started to bud out after that last warm spell, maybe we will get some decent sap and syrup this year. I am down to my last gallon.

We got about 2" of fluffy white snow overnight to replace the 2" that melted off yesterday. I might go out and scrape that off, I haven't decided yet.

That is about all I am thinking of doing today.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #166,652  
Coffee has finished brewing. 30° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 53° with partly cloudy skies. It was a fairly nice day. Got ready to prepare new well pressure tank for install. Found I did not have the right fittings to get it started. Another trip to Menards. Then went to neighbors and finished cutting up hot tub with Sawzall. Ready to be put out for garbage this evening. Never did pickup branches. Still several good sized broken off branches up in trees. Wind yesterday blew a couple of them down. Good place to stay away from when wind is blowing. Work on preparing pressure tank for install today.
It's SPRING. Lets go outside and play.
w3wAGce.jpg

Txdon, good to hear negative test. Hope wife is better soon.

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,653  
24 going to 65. Not too shabby.

Rich, I like your idea for how to give a cat a bath. 😈

Had an early eye doctor annual check-up...getting my eyes dilated on a sunny bright day wipes me out for most of the day. We did some grocery shopping and then stopped at our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch.

Most of the rest of the day hung out inside on computer, and watching a movie my wife recorded...Rock Hudson and Doris Day: Pillow Talk...cute.

/ Good morning!!!! #166,654  
Good evening all. 35ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. moderate to strong wind, very brisk gusts, sky became overcast, and high temp was 53ºF. Clean ashes and restart fire to start day. Putter while wife napped then to town for meds, groceries, toilet fill valve, and lunch. Ride after fire stoked, wind was rough. Short nap the dinner and evening with wife.
David good to hear you got some mowing done.
Bill good luck in your quest to go back to paper billing. I understand about can't the customer service reps to whom English is a second or third language. Have fun in the rabbit hole.
Ron glad birthday party was fun. Good to hear snow gone. Nice crane.
Kilroy the oil change may indicate why cap was so hard to remove. You might change the oil again soon as new oil may pick up some of the gook in the engine. Hope puppy prep coming along, as well as shed prep.
Billy hard to buck much firewood without needing to split at least some of it.
Mike sorry about the hard freeze. Glad you got some help gathering branches up.
Buppies cold start. prayers sent.
Ken thanks for bar report, hope you find a suitable poker for culvert.
RS hope you are getting a warming trend. Pony? hope productive today.
Paul good to hear progress in shop. Novel idea cleaning the Kubvan and filling it. Hope grill works out. Have fun with Zoe.
Chris thanks for video, hope wife can get in garden soon.
Rich good to hear from you. Good to hear projects are progressing. Inspector does not look happy. Neat shift linkage.
Ted good to hear you are getting more moisture. Sorry video was boring. Hope you can get outside soon. We can't eat 10mm sockets but something does!
Don good to hear negative test. prayers for wife to be negative soon.
David hope you got your mowing done. Hope Zoom Happy Hour was good.
Mark great to hear the show recap. Nice that you are helping that happen.
Drew glad to hear you made it to Washington. neat story from Front royal. Glad everything working so far. Pizza sounds good.
Frits glad you are getting your walking and exercise.
Thomas glad nothing you had to do this evening after long day at work.
Randy(wag) glad aches at a minimum. Hope fence repair was successful. Hope you like new priest.
Buppies hope your evening was good as well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /loss of brother, /heart issues, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's and David's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, mike /wife's healing from surgery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Ukraine war, and Country.
If I wasn’t so concerned about how much stuff may be preserving the bearings, I would fill up the crankcase with 3-4 gallons of kero and fully flush it! And I think it is the converse: I think the condition of the oil was a result of the cap - nobody else wanted to do an oil change through the dipstick tube, either.. on the plus side, the oil was filled to the proper mark on the dipstick, so it Did not lose any oil from whenever the last time the cap was off 🫤

/ Good morning!!!! #166,656  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

24.3F , supposedly going into 50s.

We had shed guy out to woodlot, he said he can get it in where we want it, and provided a name of someone he uses for site prep/grading once I take down the 5 trees that are in the way.

We also got an appointment at the vet for puppy for Friday. We contacted a boarding/training solace that was both interesting AND reasonably close, but they require three shots of (I forget which one) and I think he will only have two, so that may be moot… which means we will either have to go split-day one of us goes in early, then comes home and the other goes in for afternoon shift. Or we work solo on alternating days. Somehow we will make it work.

today’s big project after work are shopping for puppy supplies (and some more cabbages for the chickens).

time to head out to the grind…

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #166,657  
26F and clear @ 06:15, heading up to around 56F for the day's high. High temps in the Ten Day looking pretty good: lots of high 40's and 50's with one 60F.

UPS dropped off the second set of casters for the router table yesterday.

Ended up ordering the scaffolding guardrail from Amazon, they had the lowest price that we could find and it will be delivered right to our door.

Enjoyed some beautiful weather yesterday afternoon on the way down to Menards. Got a double helping of it too, as I forgot to grab the rebate check the first time out the door 🤬 and had to double back and pick it up.

Got the 2 sheets pf plywood and the MDF panel - the only thing I didn't get that I should have gotten was a quart of shellac.

When I got back I unloaded the TigerPLY panel and the MDF and stuck those in the garage. Left the 3/4 Sande ply in the van as I was too tired to do anything about it at that point having been up nearly 24 hours straight and given that the rain isn't supposed to get here until tomorrow ... so I can get that panel cut up today which is supposed to be a little warmer than yesterday.

Took the recyclable bin up to the road and emptied it filling the can which I sent out. Woman took the garbage up later.

Woman made some more spaghetti for dinner yesterday with garlic toast. I ate that and headed for the rack.

Slept like a baby ... (y)

The lady with the pony was previously occupied, so I didn't make it by there. Maybe today.

Sawdust is really kicking my butt ... all kinds of sneezing and coughing going on. Also have a sty developing in my right eye ... which is annoying. Should probably see about getting a better dust mask.

Also on the agenda for today is start working on the mounting plate for the pocket hole jig, something similar to this:

image_1024x1024@2x.png

Need to rebait the live trap and take it over to the barn when I go and get it set out.

Otherwise see what else comes up.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #166,658  
23 outside this AM, heading to lower 60's.

All I can say is too bad for the flowers.

The coyotes seemed to hang around the house last night. And this AM I see every light on every outbuilding is on. Guess the wife was trying to get their attention. Am sure I will hear about it later.

Nothing much planned today. I redid the framing on the Milk House exterior walkway door yesterday. I had noted some water leakage with the last rain storm, So I used pressure treated wood for the framing this go around. I'll wrap it up today, and probably think about a gutter on that side of the building now.

And... I attempted to get the beater lawn mower started yesterday. First time in ten years it would not start. Seems to be fuel/carb issue. I refreshed the fuel but only managed to get it to fire up once. Then it stopped. It has seen better days, maybe time for a new one. But it is a beater mower....LOL.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe, get or stay healthy,

/ Good morning!!!! #166,659  
good morning all from Washington NC
interesting morning so far, power to campsite went out at 5:30am, heard a click and electric heat went off. Out to power pole, no lights on, no juice coming in. Started gen, it spluttered for a while warming up, about 30 out here, whole rv is frosted on outside, but then ran smooth for an hour, when the campground power came back on.

brewed some coffee, enjoying that for sure.
dinner last night here was great fun, old neighbors came over, their six year old son loved exploring around the rv, and then the father dropped the big news that they had just bought a travel trailer and were going camping too. We had pizza and ice cream and I slept soundly after that.

internet so weak here I can't post pics, keep trying and it times out.
will have to wait a few days til I get to a campground with better reception. One bar on my Mifi, can send text, that's about it.

got cold enough I guess that water hose froze, so no water either....sigh. Thankfully some in fresh water tank so I turned on pump and reminds me it's always good to have backup. This should be the last cold day as i head South.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #166,660  
RS, I noticed the guys restoring Talley Ho on YouTube wear full face respirators. Of course some of the wood they use in boats is really bad to breath.

Chris