Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #167,811  
Good morning,
43°F now highs in the low 80’s and sunny today, winds W 5-15 mph. Too hot to early in the season for my liking.

Not much done outside yesterday the wind was howling with gusts near 50 mph, the trees are really taking a beating this year, more pick up stick time in my future. Spent a little time in the workshop cleaning up and putting tools away. Put a new brush blade on the trimmer and will take that for a walk before things leaf out. Need to get to the barber for the spring shearing, haven’t been since last fall and looking a bit shaggy lol. Grocery run this morning and not sure what else I can get into today.

Prayers for scaredy, buppies and others in need

Enjoy your day everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #167,812  
55 high of 82 cyst still draining just not as much and going down in size. Got up yesterday really dizzy not sure what that is about. Antibiotic still kicking my rump.

Prayers for all our Country

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,813  
good morning all
51 going up to 87 today, very warm, and low humidity, so fire warning posted

woke up with neck ache, put heat wrap on it, slowly helping
too many miles on this equipment... :rolleyes:

bandicoot, had to look that up, aka "snout poke"
Bandicoots are small marsupials native to Australia and New Guinea that use their front feet to dig for food. It's hard not to like an animal associated with the phrase ' snout pokes '. As bandicoots forage for underground insects and larvae , they leave behind a series of small conical holes – snout pokes!
It really is fun having our friends from Australia and New Zealand here.
1681380779090.png

today I play musical chairs/vehicles in driveway in order to get trailer hooked up to car, around the rv in the way of everything.
Then I take trailer over to relative's farm nearby and retrieve my gravel driveway scraper, bring that back and unload it, then off to get my golf cart and bring that home
also. If I can't use the garage for the car, might as well put other stuff in it...
Friday I hope to go over to Pemberton NJ to retrieve my Gravely. Yeah. After three years, it's coming home too. Really missed that piece of equipment. It will be perfect pulling the driveway scraper. I guess I could do it with JD X370, but I'd worry the mower grade vs garden tractor grade hydrostatic in it would break from the strain.
Nothing stops the gear drive Gravely.

If you could think of one tool or one piece of equipment that was the most satisfying thing you had ever used, for me it would be this garden tractor. I have used it for so many things, really worked it on the farm in NC, and just keeps on going. 1986 model retrofitted with 23hp Vanguard engine.
Even though I loved my dream tractor, the big Massey, this Gravely still has my heart. Here's a fun pic of Paul/Popgadget working on rewelding my rear hitch

Attachments

• IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1223 (1).JPG
    IMG_1223 (1).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
   / Good morning!!!! #167,814  
46 outside this AM, heading to upper 80's.

Need another coat of paint on the Milk House. The concrete is really sucking it in. I did not manage to get out yesterday, so today is definitely a shopping day.

Fox kept me up most of the night, right outside the bedroom window. Also on the nature front, the turkey population seems to have nose dived in my back yard. I saw two Toms and three Hens over the last couple of days. Usually, this time of year there are dozens courting. Will have to keep and eye on it.

Nothing much on the agenda today. Need to get busy again on the Milk House. Will start calling plumbers in for estimates. The big deal will be busting up the concrete and laying the drain pipe and tying into a water line that is about 20 feet away. Not sure if I need a pressure tank or not since it is about 20 feet from the well pump and that has a pressure tank already.

Hope all have a good day. Be safe, get or stay healthy.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,815  
52º this am. Turned the heater on for the first time in a week. Been warm 80-85 but going back down into daytime high 60s now. Good. The heat can wait.
Buried in work is a curse and a blessing. Been slowly rebuilding the sprinkler manifold. New valves install today. Then the new timer.
Went over to a neighbors place to look at a bit of mowing. Their lawn tractor broke down and the grass and weeds quickly grew too tall for a ride on mower. I'll cut it with the flail mower and they should be able to use their lawn tractor after that. Sharpened the blades on my mower in the evening
I hope everybody has a great day

Attachments

• IMG_3187.JPG
    IMG_3187.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #167,816  
Scootr, I turned the a/c on last night after a day of solid sun heated the house up to 79 inside. More curious just to make sure
it worked, which it did. Will be even hotter today. I can't open windows due to pollen and allergies. Reminds me need to check on
furnace filter.

/ Good morning!!!! #167,817  
Good morning, the low temp is 49 and it is supposed to hit 70°F today. Wind S 6 mph. Sunny!

The snow tires come off the Dodge next Wednesday and the following weekend the back hoe can go on the tractor. Until then it is a dump/town run today.
I think I have a way to get an extra hydraulic port to the rear and it would double as a front port, too.
Take a hunk of 'T' pipe or make one and put a male coupler on one end and two females on the other 2 ends. Then the necessary hydraulic line to either the hoe of the grapple on the front.
I don't see any reason why it wont work.

That is the en d of my brainy ideas for today.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #167,819  
I am pretty sure Taiwan has the coordinates for some dams in China. . . They ain’t going Down easy. . .
I am sure there are numerous targets both sides would consider strategic. Without getting into a detailed discussion on a possible conflict, I am afraid it would be very global in nature. At the minimum, thinking selfishly about us, and to assume the US is involved, it would seem to be a world changer conflict that would be hard to stop once started? Ugh.