Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,181  
Good morning! 69˚F heading to 80 with cloudy skies.
Drew my EGO mower does not have a chute unless I change out the plug. The grass it leaves on top of the yard I just do like the pros - just blow it around the yard till it disappears with my EGO blower. None in the street also. You can't do this if the grass was wet when cut. Reminds me today is lawn mowing day.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,182  
Good morning, the low dipped down to 23 and the high today they say will be 43°F. Wind W 9 mph. 40% chance of flurries.

I priced out pit run yesterday, $200.oo/load and it is 1/2 load season. That only means that you don't load up full, just about 3/4 of what you would normally haul. It'll be here Monday. I also asked him to get the price and availability of 1" clear stone for delivery in maybe the fall.

Today is oil change, tire swap, rear bushings and see what else they can get me for day at the garage. They are usually pretty gentle.
They will drop me off at home and pick me up again when it is all said and done.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #168,183  
Good Morning!!!! 42F @ 4:30AM. Partly cloudy. High near 65F. Winds light and variable.

Glad the fire department responded so quickly, Chris. Scary that so many of you find yourselves in fire weather this early in the year.

May be a little late, Ted, but maybe buy half the mulch you need now, put it where it'll do the most good, then keep an eye out for sales/discounts on the rest. Only half the gamble that way.

The problem I've found with those HF assortment packs is that I always seem to need a size of whatever that isn't included in the assortment. And I'm running out of room to stack those boxes.

Still catching up, but glad to see the saw running so smoothly, RS. Even happier about Drew's CT scan.

And more good news from Jay and Peg.

With CA1 closed at Ragged Point, we thought we'd make that a good turn around spot for a ride up the coast on Sunday. Everyone else stayed home and we had the road to ourselves. The weather was beautiful, too, but the temps put an edge on the wind. Finished the day by walking around the corner to pick up a pizza and enjoying another nice sunset from the motel room.

My buddy had spotted a two acre parcel that was reasonably priced that was supposedly located outside Santa Margarita, so we planned to swing by to check it out on the way home. Only trouble was it was a hundred miles "outside" Santa Margarita, but with another lovely day on tap, we said why not? The big reward wasn't the property, but the superbloom we stumbled across half way across the valley. Hundreds of acres packed with yellows, oranges, purples, and blues, a real artist's pallet. A perfect place for a picnic.
superbloom4.jpg

superbloom3.jpg

superbloom1.jpg

superbloom2.jpg

We continued on to the middle of the Carrizo Plain, through many more fields of flowers, including those in the Plain itself. The house was nestled up against some rolling hills, and was tiny as expected, with a front porch almost as big as the home. The shop was huge, if only the place was a hundred miles closer to the nearest grocery store, and in a more temperate zone. It spends most of the summer simmering in 100F + temperatures.

Yesterday's ride home was uneventful. With a couple hundred miles on the clock past engine break in, I set the cruise control at the speed limit and kept an eye on the MPG bar chart. It steadily crept up to 40 MPG and stayed there, letting make the 450 mile run without stopping for gas. The cruise has a radar distance following gadget in it, so the car would slow down when I came up on slower traffic, then speed up again all by itself when I pulled out to pass. No more fumbling with buttons.

Got a call while I was on the road yesterday from a Ford dealer way up in Susanville, CA. About two months ago I'd inquired via email about a Transit van they supposedly had on their lot but had never gotten a reply. The salesman on the line said it had just been delivered, and asked if I was interested. I said I'd like to see the window sticker, and would call him back if I was. Turns out it's the same van all right, but with additional charges of $6k, and another $2k worth of worthless options, he's not getting a call back. Talk about greed being out of hand; I hope he sits on that van the rest of the year.

The contractor was busy while I was gone, having gotten the building permit and inspections needed to make more progress. As expected, the portion of the chase below the chimney had suffered more water damage, and several rotted 2x4s had to be replaced, along with all the sheathing under the stucco. Hope to see more progress as the week progresses.

Happy Hump Day, folks!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,184  
Good morning! Low of 40°, heading for 70°. Strong winds due to arrive again this afternoon. I was surprised that it was calm this morning, after being windy almost all night. A couple days of this, then nice for the weekend.

David, interesting fix for the shelves. I'll have to store that idea in the memory banks.....

Ken, hope you feel better. Weedwacking can wear you out quickly for sure!

Fritz, glad the shoulder is feeling a bit better. Take it easy. Beautiful pics.

Drew, have fun with the RV parts. At least the pile isn't too big.....

Kilroy, hope you are able to get Harry into one of the programs. Sounds like a good start with the calls.

Ron, neat turkey pic. Do they dig up the lawn?

RNG. Too bad about the house being so far out. Sounded nice. Beautiful pics of the fields. There are some spots just starting out here. Won't get as much color /big areas as those.
Good to hear the contractor started working.

Today's agenda includes going to the grocery store. Not too bad of a least, but will be good time to get it done---- out of the wind.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #168,185  
... Only trouble was it was a hundred miles "outside" Santa Margarita, but with another lovely day on tap, we said why not? The big reward wasn't the property, but the superbloom we stumbled across half way across the valley. Hundreds of acres packed with yellows, oranges, purples, and blues, a real artist's pallet. A perfect place for a picnic.

Wow...just wow. That's a great find. Very nice. and great pics too.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,186  
Well I was a bit stressed as my boss called a meeting with me and HR.
So with mild relief, it's just a re-title of my job, not the boot.

Still looking though, as trust level is low.

We spent the last day or so looking at budget and contingencies........

/ Good morning!!!! #168,187  
No luck getting tractor tire off. Didn’t get a pic of the attempt. Had all but 1 off, and tire was binding and couldn’t get it with impact. Then putting them back on, 1 got cross treaded and I can’t get it back out. But after getting tire evened out putting others in, I did get the last stubborn one off once pressure was off of it. Threads worn down where rim was hanging on it.
Now to get the cross thread out. I thought I had it hand started before impact, guess not.
IMG_8866.JPG

I did watch YouTube last night on choke cable adjustment, and found husqvarna choke wasn’t engaging when in choke position. Simple cable adjustment and it started right up with choke actually on. No need to spray with carb cleaner. How many years have I sprayed to start.

/ Good morning!!!! #168,188  
Good morning (kinda late). Had lightning/thunder most of the night, so the dog kept me up with his panting/shaking. It finally stopped about 4:30, so I/we slept in 'til 9:30. Took the SIL's leaking Kubota loader cylinders in to a shop to get them rebuilt yesterday. My new(ish) tandem axle trailer has a bent axle. I think I overloaded it with my Allis D17 and one tire has negative camber and toe out. Can these be straightened? I doubt it. I have all the numbers off the Lippert sticker (lots of info/numbers), but so far nothing matches anything on an internet search. A phone call or two may be in order.

Not going to be a very productive day. Run to Menard's, may be all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #168,189  
Well I was a bit stressed as my boss called a meeting with me and HR.
So with mild relief, it's just a re-title of my job, not the boot.

Still looking though, as trust level is low.

We spent the last day or so looking at budget and contingencies........

Sorry to hear about that stress level.

Always have a backup plan to the backup plan. Pays to keep in touch with old coworkers.

Good luck to you. I am sure it wears on you, and management seems to forget about the trust level.

An old saying "...the beatings will continue until moral improves..."

/ Good morning!!!! #168,190  
productive morning
liquidated some equity mutual funds and bought a CD locally from Univest Bank for 4.7%, 25 months.
close friend emailed me saying he bought a 49 month CD from Charles Schwab for 4.9
I told him I can't buy as green a banana as he can... :rolleyes:
I needed to rebalance as have been dumping poorly performing bond mutual funds.

RNG, those flower pics are amazing, thanks for posting

went food shopping, prices sure seem high
almost as high as the sodium, fat and sugar levels...
I put a lot of stuff back on the shelf

might get motivated and sharpen blades on mower.
Not easy for me to do despite lift, don't do well laying down and working any more.
my neck screams when I'm done. But I enjoy it, otherwise, have a nice makita impact gun which makes job easy, and I like to sharpen
my own blades. I try not to mow sticks so I sharpen them sharper than oem. Makes a wonderful sound like lettuce cutting.