Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #181,971  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.9C and it's presently 18C, overcast & calm. There was 7.5mm in the gauge @0900... I was pleasantly surprised at that as I didn't hear any rain overnight. More off'n'on rain predicted for today.

Very warm (top of 31C) yesterday. Fortunately the 'rounds into the shed' task went quickly. I then 'hid' in the house and wrapped all of the pressies.

Indoor tasks planned for today.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,972  
Good evening! 67˚F, clear skies southerly breeze. Just got back from my first mile walk after surgery, and yes I feel it. I made a mistake Wednesday during PT and asked "brother of Igor" how many sessions were left. he asked why, I replied because I will need to order more pain pills if we go more than a week. Dummy me. Now I'm banned from prescription pain pills per orders of "brother of Igor." Today's first PT "unmasked" as they called it went pretty well but will probably pay for it tonight.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,973  
Good evening! 67˚F, clear skies southerly breeze. Just got back from my first mile walk after surgery, and yes I feel it. I made a mistake Wednesday during PT and asked "brother of Igor" how many sessions were left. he asked why, I replied because I will need to order more pain pills if we go more than a week. Dummy me. Now I'm banned from prescription pain pills per orders of "brother of Igor." Today's first PT "unmasked" as they called it went pretty well but will probably pay for it tonight.
i'd can that place.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,975  
53F and cloudy @ 20:30, heading down to around 48F for low overnight. High here today reached 57F.

Woman inadvertently left car open which almost drained the battery ... so first order of business was hooking up the charger ... 🤬

Seeking to take advantage of the nice weather I swapped out the cultivator head for the SuperCut™ string trimmer head on the Stihl FS 66 then loaded it into the dump cart along with various implements of destruction and the 2 bags of straw and headed around back.

Once I got back there I dropped the straw off and loaded the 3 pots of Asclepias incarnata (swamp milkweed) and the 3 pots of Asclepias tuberosa (butterfly weed) and headed to the immediate area of Nest Box No. 3 to plant the former.

Woman had headed up just prior with some driveway markers to occupy Her until I got there.

Once I arrived we got weeds trimmed and gathered into the cart with some leaves and the swamp milkweed plants stuck in the ground, root development looked very good:

IMG_3043 copy.jpg

She did some weeding on the largest Rose of Sharon while I took the leaves and weed debris over and dumped it in the compost pile, dropping the 3 pots of butterfly weed over by the shop where the other 4 were planted previously.

Grabbed some screened compost while I was over by the compost pile to fill in around all the plants.

When I got back I repositioned the cage around the Rose of Sharon and we headed over to plant the butterfly weed at the shop.

Headed back down to the house after that and got tools unloaded. She was pretty much done at that point but I still needed to haul up 5 buckets of cat litter to the compost pile and dump that which I did.

Once that was finished I came back down to the house, decided to head around back and snatch up the 6 AWG THHN cable before it starts raining that I'll use to wire the sub panel in the garage.

Still in the process of untangling that mess.

Decided on a pie for dinner from the local pizza joint, which She ordered and then ran down and got ... after I unhooked the charger and got the neg cable put back on the battery for Her ... 🤬

Yesterday was reasonably productive as well:

Got hopper feeder and 2 suet feeders refilled. Supplementing the bird food with dried split peas, got 6 pounds of those for free and neither The Woman or I care for them.

Hole drilled going into basement and conduit glued up for the sub panel in the garage.

Flue transition/appliance adapter reinstalled on heater.

Uni-strut put up on ceiling. Still need to tweak the alignment on that for proper spacing before torquing it down.

Clamp for gas line installed on the uni-strut and gas line clamped down.

IMG_3041 copy.jpg

Probably head back to the garage and get the wire untangled here in a bit.

That will probably be it for the night.

Hope everyone had a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #181,976  
Good evening all. 60ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, breezy. Moderate wind with strong gusts at times, variable cloudiness, and high temp was 77ºF.Too windy to put up lights today :( Did get to town for lunch, meds, made appointment for check engine light on truck, groceries, and stop off at insurance agent to talk about changes arising from wife's death. No nap, did get ride in, got charcoal lit and phone reminded me VFD Christmas dinner tonight. Dumped charcoal out of can, got dressed, made it on time, New engine and breathers there, very cool. Brisket, beans and potato salad from Rib Crib, plus brownies and chocolate chip cookies for desert. Good time.
Ron glad drive to get camera part good both ways. Sorry about mower quote. glad Trac-Vac ready for next season. Nice feeder pic.
Bill I hate freezing rain. Hope you don't get too much ice. Hope energy conservation went well.
Drew hope you got RV oil changed. Sorry about the unkind scale, holding steady inspite all the sweets coming my way minor victory for me.
Thomas hope day went to plan, date night cause tree branch to fall? Just what were you doing?
Billy sorry about tree hang again. Sorry no joy on Christmas tree.
Drew sorry about your aging issues, I have been spared most of that, no fusions, not much arthritis. But it is harder to drive with the sticks.
Paul the TD65 is the one that you keep spare tires for isn't it?
Ken hope cleaning and party went well.
RNG glad good trip south and less wind than anticipated.Hope unpacking goes smoothly.
Scotty hope work and discing went well.
Frits sounds like you are ready to tackle rest of the day. Sorry Cody wants to check out all the eyes.
Kyle sorry about your back. prayers sent. Glad team played better. Hope they gel as a team.
Scott(vt) glad Kathleen likes concert, sorry not so good for you.
Frits do you deliver?
Masseyrider I know I wouldn't!
Ted hope nothing jumped in the cart on you:) Hope heater does it's job. Hope shop work and deck frame rehab went well.
Frits neat pics(again)
Drew very glad apples are good.
David always more fun to win when you have to work for it. Hope town trip and mowing successful.
Frits glad Cody likes his cabbage. The barn builders must have watched the video link from the other day :)
Drew sorry about the bolt. Glad rest of oil change went OK. Hope pan threads OK.
Scott(vt) your right, food **** has no place on this site!
Drew glad you checked threads on pan. Hope you can get cover on before storm.
Frits is transmission auto or automatic. If it has torque converter with plug should change that too.
David look for at least 13.5 volts at battery when engine running. Possible 1 cell of battery went bad, clean battery where terminals are to prevent discharge. Check battery voltage next morning, should be 12.7 volts.
Paul glad drain cart going to work for you. Glad boss happy with amount of hay moved.
Randy(wag) glad you are getting rain. I haven't started on pressies yet :(
Don sorry BOI such a pain, you may need the pills to deal with him!
Dom oh dear! That is bad news!!.
RS sorry about car door episode. Glad getting milk weed and butterfly weed went well. Heater install looks pretty far along.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,977  
got the oil changed in the rv, more difficult than I thought since it was further back under rv but I got it done.
plug came out hard all the way, surprising. Went to put it back in and it got to the end and just spun.
pulled it out and problem was obvious. Someone before me put way too much pressure on this and stripped the bolt.
Thankfully I had a spare...and it went on perfectly and the job got done.

what bothers me...is whether my young friend who did the last oil change stripped the bolt, didn't tell me, and put it back on with a ton
of loctite. ??
I will order another spare.
IF you want a job done right, do it yourself.

/ Good morning!!!! #181,979  
42 presently some say my forecast of no snow before Christmas may have been premature

Shorter day today but got job done and paid for nice. Doctors appointment this afternoon still looking at changing insulin dosages more ups and downs

Prayers for all our Country