Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,101  
good point. The "education" I had making black powder fuses was priceless. The ceiling did not look too good.
Good Evening Frits,
Brings me back to a Thanksgiving get together with the family many years ago ! I was probably about 12, and I was able to go down town to the local feed and grain store ! I would get a pound of potassium nitrate. I used that to make smoke bombs etc ! Well while in the Basement I somehow ignited my concoction in my mortar and pestle ! I smoked the whole family out of the house, and as I recall those 60 years ago, my father was not too happy !! 😂 I was always getting into some type of mischief!! Some how I still have all my fingers ! 😂

Hope all have a good evening !

/ Good morning!!!! #182,102  
And we both (at least I do) have all my fingers and toes. I have broken a few bones along the way, though.

I’ve got all my fingers and toes, I made it 68 years without a broken bone. Then a lady in a SUV hit me and ended the streak in grand style. Well over a dozen bones if you count ribs individually.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,103  
a warm 60 degrees and raining hard, .7 so far and lots of yellow over this area
got my rain slicker and flashlights ready for when the power goes off
I mean the Christmas lights have to stay on, right?
It is pouring out and the creek is rising.

school board xmas function was fun at a member's home
got some nice home made chili and cornbread, and made an early retreat
I wore my sports jacket and Christmas tie and was over dressed. Oh well.
Been years since I put a tie on. This is an old favorite Christmas tie, one with a music box in the bottom
that played jingle bells. Battery long since dead. I'm going to cut it apart and put a new battery in it, which likely
means it won't get worn again...

no one seems to dress up any more. Not even for church for many.
times are changing
I always thought dressing nicely was a show of respect.
yet we all know you can't judge a book by its cover.
nice people come in all sizes and shapes

well I'd rather over dress than under dress. Hostess liked my tie and knew I made the effort, that's
all that counted.

very glad I have the battery backed sump pump. With rain coming down like it is, pump runs pretty often.
I just know before this night is through I'm going to be getting soaked turning on the gen outside, the whole process thoroughly
waking me up and then I rarely sleep well with gen on.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,105  
Harry update:

Apparently he does not have enough chew toys, he just came into the living room carrying one of Mrs’ 3lb dumbbells. . .

crazy critter…🤣😂🤣

/ Good morning!!!! #182,106  
Good (Monday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.3C and it's presently 24.7C, mostly sunny with a slight breeze.

The Christmas gathering was a lovely affair at 'The Camel Farm', great food & company. Home by 1800.

Today will be a dhobi day, getting prepared for my Brisbane friend's visit. Tonight is a Parrish Council meeting followed by supper at the Rectory.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,107  
35F and cloudy @ 18:30, heading down to around 30F for the low in the overnight. Highs in the 30's/40's for the rest of the Ten Day ... :(

Helo - sorry the kid had to witness that tragic incident.

Went to bed around 22:00 on Friday night and slept around 4 hours until around 02:30 or so when I woke and got up. Made a double helping of oatmeal. Was up until around 06:00 and then went back to bed until 14:00.

Woman had made plans to go out with neighbor lady to some kind of Riverdance-type thing @ the Goodyear Theater last night. Neighbor lady brought her new squeeze along so She got to meet him. Woman wasn't hoping for much but ended up quite impressed with the performance.

I took the opportunity of Her being gone to do the gas line work that involved shutting off the main valve coming into the house. First order of business was vacuuming all the cobwebs around the main electrical panel so I could put its cover back on. Main gas valve is directly above that panel and I wasn't going to mess around getting up there with the cover off. Long overdue.

Valve hasn't been turned in probably 40 years and was a little stiff but I used a combination wrench as a cheater and got it shut off no problem.

Then I shut the water heater off.

After that I started removing the gas lines. The first was the supply going to the downstairs fireplace. That yielded one 93" piece of 3/4" pipe, two 66" pieces of 1/2" pipe, two 1/2" gas valves, one 1/2" union, one female 3/4" ---> 1/2" reducer and a number of shorter 1/2" pipe pieces and 1/2" 90 elbows. The line feeding that got plugged with a 3/4" pipe plug.

After that I removed valve/capped stub line that fed the incinerator before we removed and junked it. That yielded a 3/4" ---> 1/2" reducer, another 1/2" gas valve, and some 1/2" nipples and a cap. Swapped in a 3/4" 90 street elbow ---> 3/4" nipple ---> 3/4 gas valve ---> 3/4 plug.

All joints were doped and sprayed with leak detector to check for leaks. then I went ahead and turned the main gas valve on and checked all the joints for leaks. Even sprayed down the main gas valve while I was turning it back on ... just to make sure ... ;)

So now I can finish running the rest of the hard pipe for the gas line to the garage without having to shut off the main gas valve for the house.

At that point I decided I'd take a stab at replacing the water heater anode (finally !!!) ... no soap ... the B&D impact driver wouldn't touch it even with repeated attempts. Will have to give it a try with the 1/2" air-operated Craftsman. So I went ahead and turn the water heater back on and relit the pilot.

Got the shelving at the northwest corner of utility room moved and got the cobwebs in the area up in the floor joists where the gas and electric will pass into the garage vacuumed while I was at it.

Woman was relieved on Her return to see there were no explosions and the house was still standing.

With that all handled I headed back up to the garage later and went back to untangling and sorting through the 6 gauge wire to feed the sub panel. There is plenty enough to run the feed, although there some nicks in the outer casing in spots. But nothing a little heat-shrink tubing can't handle.

Also got the drop leg doped up and assembled, coming down from the gas line on the ceiling. Still need to install the manual gas valve and automatic safety shutoff on that.

Went to bed around 08:00 this morning, got up around 15:00 and caught the second half of the Browns/Jaguars game

Woman made a pot of beef stew this afternoon, was very tasty ... (y)

Not sure what I'll get into this evening.

Torpedo heater is down to around 1/4 tank.

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #182,108  
Looks like a good spot for a Reznor!

Or a "BIG MAXX" by Mr. Heater ... ;)

Screen Shot 2023-12-10 at 19.39.37.png

/ Good morning!!!! #182,109  
I notice Mrs. made some peanutbutter fudge sooo later tonight while she sleeping I have try couple...hope she didn't count the pieces like last time.
That's one my wife will never make, she's deathly allergic to peanuts. But her mom makes it all the time.

peebles got sent to the basement again for pulling off more light bulbs from the tree.

40deg, and got 1.11" of gentle rain today.

Good worship, good lunch with the usual gang, and got a short nap this afternoon.

And tonight after getting home from evening worship, my wife slipped wearing her slippers (on carpet) and fell hard, injuring her wrist. Don't think it's broken. She also did a face plant. Even had a cut on her palm. She was in our walk in closet. She took pain meds and iced it.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,110  
44F steady rain,rain increasing towards end turning to snow with 30-40 gusty winds.

Finally got all branches limbs clean up 3+ hours of not fun,Mrs. made tomato soup with grill cheese ham and tomato sandwich which should had building permit :eek: Curl upon the couch ahhh little Scooter and I curl up on the had (y) nap.
I notice Mrs. made some peanutbutter fudge sooo later tonight while she sleeping I have try couple...hope she didn't count the pieces like last time.

Plans for the evening...dinner,watch some football and numb it in recliner with kitten.

Enjoy your evening all.
You could leave her an easy number...1 :ROFLMAO: