Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,341  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.2C and it's presently 18.8C, mostly cloudy with a breeze.

Very productive arvo, yesterday. I took a chance on getting both the x-ray and the blood-work out of the way; walk-in for the x-ray took 20 minutes which left me enough time to see Sister at the clinic for the blood. There was no one in the queue so she took me right away. Out in 10 minutes!

Which left me plenty of time to fire up the 'whipper snipper' followed by a mowing around the house & driveway. YAY!

Today is finishing up spare bedrooms & upstairs bathroom clean-up, then 'sprucing' the rest of the house. My Mate (driving down from Brisbane) is on the ferry now from Geelong to Devonport and will probably arrive at 2130... barring any traffic challenges and/or wombats on the road. 😁

With a guest over the holidays, my 'reports' may be a bit sporadic.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,343  
Drew, not so sure it is all rust. My 1st sediment filter always looks rusty, yet my water has minimal contact with metal. Poly storage tanks, pvc piping. Maybe from my pressure tank?

/ Good morning!!!! #182,344  
Good evening! After a 6 hour RT drive we are back. My wife's 106 year 5 month old great aunt's funeral. As you recall the weekend before my knee surgery she fell and broke her hip. After surgery PT did not go well and she was put on hospice three weeks ago. She died this weekend on my deceased younger brother's birthday. May she RIP.
Very sorry for the family's loss Don.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,345  
Good evening! After a 6 hour RT drive we are back. My wife's 106 year 5 month old great aunt's funeral. As you recall the weekend before my knee surgery she fell and broke her hip. After surgery PT did not go well and she was put on hospice three weeks ago. She died this weekend on my deceased younger brother's birthday. May she RIP.
Sorry for your great Aunt. What a milestone though.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,347  
Good Afternoon!!!! 56F @ 3:00PM. Partly cloudy. High 58F. Winds light and variable.

I missed a few, but not a lot, on that history quiz, Kyle. Always liked both history and geography. Good to see they're still teaching history, even better to see your boy is a wiz!

Unless you're able to predict the future with 100% accuracy, Scotty, I'd stay away from that driverless rock collection routine. A 5 gallon bucket worked pretty well for me back when I first cleared this property, but it still meant hopping up on the tractor every fifteen or twenty feet to move it.

With home prices closing in on a million dollars out here, there is no way a realtor can do enough work to earn a 6% commission, even split two ways. The last lazy b*&^%$# I used didn't come anywhere close to earning it; heck I did all the work myself except for turning a few keys and following me around a half dozen homes during the viewings. But don't get me started.🤬

I feel your pain with the Kubota parts, Ron. I lost a pair of clips that hold the side panels on the M62 and they want something like $35 each for them. Thanks, but I'll just use a zip tie.

I acted as a project manager in the twilight of my career, and did my best to keep meetings short and sweet. Always had an agenda to the attendees prior to the meeting, kept the focus on topic, and took minutes so people could see what was decided and refer back to it if they got lost. But those were my meetings, and I had to attend way too many that were a waste of time. Like the time I flew 1000 miles each way to attend a meeting that was cancelled before I left, but nobody thought to tell me. I do not miss those days at all, and they served as great motivators to retire as early as possible.

Didn't get much done yesterday, except maybe burn a bunch of junk in the campfire ring toward the end of the day. It was amazing how much flame a motorcycle helmet puts out. I burned three of 'em, and I'd hate to have my head in one if it caught fire.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,348  
i had accomplished everything I set out to do today, by the time the manager called to wish me a merry Christmas.
He also told me that the train that I was hauling when someone else decided to come across the line and side swipe was written off. Now they want to do the same job with a 5 axle single trailer. NOT likely. some of the pit roads that we need to get into are just barely wide enough at the mouth to make the swing into with a train, I can just imagine how they would be with a 5 legger. A 5 axle trailer is 48' long and no bendy bits in the middle. The roads we turn off of aren't all that wide either.
He also was praying that I come back in spring. I told him that I would be there for the meetings. I am not committing to anything at this stage of the game.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,349  
Good evening already !

Today made that visit which was scheduled for Monday, cancelled because of my condition then

Beautiful 2 1/2 hour drive to customer's place up North-East. Trees are so full with snow. :love:
Actually here is active warning to not to walk in forests. Trees cant hold that weigh and branches might snap any secondView attachment 838193

Had very productive meeting with customer. That is biggest project in my life. Massive hi-speed painting line for Ikea. Deposits are paid, we should start to play at mid next year. We are "polishing" some tiny details

On the way back reported to grid operator about coming trouble

View attachment 838196

And then suddenly something I haven't seen couple weeks - SUN :love:
That was really great moment
I guess Florida men <tm> will not get what I am talking about. 😁
Daylight is 6h 47m. Max at midday altitude is 10°

View attachment 838197

All day was mild, Around 0° C ... -2°C. Then at evening suddenly -7°C
That drop of T created fog. It's hard to show fog. But I will risk

View attachment 838198
Looks like perfect weather for some sauna time…

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,350  
b. sometimes I just take word, make important face and and declare that in light of current EU labor laws so long meetings is illegal. All workers, including management has to have breaks. And we are not law breaking rebels, don't we :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I love “malicious compliance”!