Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,752  
Morning all, 36 going up to 46 and cloudy.
Met up with friend in town, great catching up since last time we met down here. News on some other coworkers and where they are etc. Had a plain green salad with no dressing and that worked just fine.

Then later off to son's concert, he was playing in 2 of the 4 bands. The hosts and us have a lot in common and we had a great time hanging with them while the kids jammed in the yard.

However the police showed up twice due to complaints and the sound had to be turned down. Both visits before 6:30 pm.........
Show completed without any more complaints. The hosts had put up signs, talked to the town and many of the neighbors. They are on a larger plot as they live in the original house in the area, but surrounded by neighborhoods.

We will take turns next year with them to run the concerts to take the stress off.
Their house was built in the early 1700's and their still working spring house in the 1600's

Late night, but fun,we're a little old for a rave but glad the kids acted and behaved so well. Great group of kids, not sure how many but a lot.

Today will finish wiring up the light ball and put out, just in time for Christmas.

BEF - how do you know the hatchet blade is sharp, when it cuts through the shipping box :)

LS - hope your BIL pulls through, having family like you I am sure helps.

I worked at Norden systems ont eh FAA ASDE 4 radar, claim to fame was the WWII plane bomb site, of which they had one on site I played with. The altitiude, yaw, ground and air speed could all be calculated and put in the site and get them more accurate than just the calculations and eyeballing it. Still only accurate to about 1000 feet. So dropping presents by plane would be quite a feat if they landed in the right town :)

Be well,
20231222_200832.jpg

20231222_183252.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,753  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Well I reported in this morning that it was going to 40 ! That never happened, I think it may have hit 35 tops ! 😉

LS, this is what white oak chests with black walnut panels look like ! They go together well IMO ! 😁
I also used soft close hardware on the top lid of the chest !

Hope all have a great afternoon!

Attachments

• IMG_3702.png
    IMG_3702.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3704.png
    IMG_3704.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,756  
45 deg.
I made it to breakfast, but didn't eat all of it. Feeling much better. (Mostly, I wasn't making breakfast) Wife stayed home. We went to one couples house to do our breakfast group present exchange. I got some wood clamps and snicker bars ($25 limit). I had drawn my wife's name, so she got a good laugh when I came home with the same present I took, that's been wrapped and laying in plain sight for a couple weeks. Got her some books she wanted. It was fun.
picked up food from the mennonite meat market next door.
then picked up stuff at grocery store for the wife, then picked up some stocking stuffers.

I love oak and walnut woods, my 2 favorite for woodworking. Guess with new clamps I better do some again... Maybe some more book cases.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,757  
Good (Sunday) Christmas Eve morning. Overnight Low of 9.5C and it's presently 18C, clear & calm.

I'm down to one houseguest now, my Mate from Brisbane. Penelope did, finally, come 'in' yesterday arvo, around 1600.

It's going to be a long day today as I've got Church this morning at the regular service time and then again for the 'midnight' Christmas Eve service @ 2315. Christmas day lunch will be over at my neighbour's; an annual 'thing'.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,760  
30F cloudy.

Busy afternoon doing this and that,lite 2 brush piles 4pm once they burn down to hot coals we shall be cooking hotdogs and sausages extra on sausages :) little spirits enjoying the burn.
Later watch some football share bowl ice cream.

Enjoy your evening all.