Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,891  
My sister lived in Houston at Place Vendome, 7600 Highland. On google maps it looks totally different now.
19820409_TX_1.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,892  
Morning all, 43 going up to 49 and cloudy.

Had a visit from Drew bearing Nut bread, Thank you PopGadget :)

Yesterday was pretty mellow recovering from last few days.

Did find out that kids broke the sink drain in the apartment last week, luckily no real water damage, will need to get a new drain assembly.

Brought some more wood up to the house for the fireplace, last nights fire was nice and toasty.

Sorry about the cat Fuddy :-(
Feel better quick.

We will have Planked Salmon grilled up for tomorrow nights Christmas dinner with BIL/SIL.
Son is off to town with GF and wife and I have to figure out what to do, maybe movie?

Spent lots of phone time with cousins and other relatives to catch up.

Be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #182,893  
Good Morning
42°, high of 48, overcast and foggy.

Yesterday went well. We enjoyed Christmas not being at our house, I managed to come back up after breakfast and fire up the smoker and get the pork belly finished before dinner.
View attachment 840560
View attachment 840561

Grandson had a wonderful day, as to be expected-View attachment 840564

Prime Rib for dinner was awesome, melt in your mouth. Cooked via reverse sear.
View attachment 840568

Today would normally be breakfast with the professor, but I’m off to Palm Beach and back. Tomorrow will be Naples, FL, then I stay home for a week or two. It’s tough work……
Going to PFA or MKY? We used to have a condo right on the road into MKY, it was fun planespotting from the lanai.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,894  
I lived in SW Houston in 78-79, lived off of Bissonet in some apartments, worked in the Sugarland Reed Tool pipe factory.

Katy to me, seems to be the world's largest suburb of nice brick home, single family homes. Miles and miles of miles of boulevards with neighborhoods on both sides. Some gated communities with modern day castles... I believe it is people fleeing the problems of the city, to get into better school districts.

also lived in LaPorte/Seabrook/Clear Lake from 80- Sep82

Last lived in Houston in 1990, on the west side between Westheimer and Richmond, a few miles west of the Galleria

If I never have to live there again, I won't regret it.
I never lived in Houston but while I was living in Fort Stockton I drove down to Houston for an interview. It would have been in the mid 80's, drove down in mid July or August in my old 64 IH Scout 4 cylinder 3 speed trany. When I finally got to the location for the interview I walked in and just told them there was no reason to have the interview as there was no way in he!! I was going to move down there or live there, we visited for a while and I got ready to head home what a nightmare of traffic in the late afternoon, I ended up just pulling over onto a shaded spot on the median and parking. Sitting there watching traffic and visited with a couple of police that checked up on me. Told them I was waiting for traffic to die down and then I would be the heck out of their town. About 6 or so I got started driving home again after the crazy traffic had thinned down a bit.
That was over 35 years ago I can't imagine what it's like now.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,895  
33°F and clear skies this morning, got up to 46° here today. Windy, so things dried out a bit, just in time for more rain tomorrow.

Slept through most of Christmas Day, and I feel much better today. My whole body is sore, though, from coughing. Feel like I've been beat up. No fever to speak of today, and the cough is all but gone. Unfortunately, The Wife woke up sick this morning. She made me too much delicious homemade chicken soup last night, so now she has some for herself as well.

Great pictures.

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,898  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 17.5C and it's presently 19.7C, overcast with thick, misty rain & fairly calm. There was 7.4mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Yesterday dhobi done and spent the day hanging-out with my Mate from Brisbane. He'll be here until the 15th of January. :)

I'll soon call my Aunt & Sister in Burlington, Ontario (Boxing Day there) and then it's 'into town' day for mail/chemist/groceries... perhaps a trip out to a local winery as my Mate drinks white wine and, although he enjoys my reds, he's already gone through whatever whites I have/had on hand.

Tomorrow we're heading into Launie (the Big Smoke, Launceston), as I've got a big list of items to pick up, including a new Hills Hoist.

That's about it, take care all.