Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,935  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 17.3C and it's presently 25.9C, mostly sunny (at the moment, rain expected this arvo) & calm. There was 44.5mm of rain in the gauge @ 0700. Received more than double the BOM predicted amount!

Heading into Launie in about a half hour. I've got my list and will (of course) report on that tomorrow.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,937  
Happy Holidays to all !

45F, wet, and cloudy @ 18:00, heading down to around 44F for the overnight low.

Have had a good bit of rain here over the last several days: 0.78" since midnight, 0.04" yesterday, 0.06" Christmas Day, and 0.14" day before Christmas Eve day ... so a little over an inch all told.

Went over to relatives for Christmas Day dinner. Had a good time, there were only around a dozen of us as some of the kids were sick. Food was good and there was plenty of it.

Did the raffle of (mostly) gag gifts which is becoming a Christmas tradition. The Yodeling Pickle and Screaming Monkey Rubberband Snap Toy were the hotly contested and fought over items this year ... along with the usual large container of Peanut M&M's.

Managed to get the top of the deck on the Cub all hosed off before we went over. High temp was 61.5F ... :love:

Still pecking away at the garage heater install, got three more 36' sections of 12 AWG THHN wire measured out, cut, and pulled through two 10' sections of conduit, one more 10' section hung, now all the way across the ceiling.

Replaced some conduit straps with stand-off hangers, also removed a section of interior drywall where the vent/exhuast/flue will pass through the west wall.

Now have to hang the section across the north wall. Got all the cobwebs along that part all vacuumed up last night. Have to unload the wood storage shelves though so I can get to the wall to hang it. Got started on that last night.

Then have to do the drop down the wall with the conduit and wires to the outlets.

Yesterday got the Cub moved over to the barn and put away + the MMM for the Kubota. And some various items that were sitting out front.

Took the trash and recyclables up to the cans at road.

Gathered up empty pallets up by the shop and moved those down to the barn so they wouldn't be setting out over winter. Moved one (1/2) pallet of firewood into the shop so it could dry out, set another one by the man door, clearing a wide path on the driveway.

Refilled hopper, tube, suet, and deer feeders.

Plus more clean up out in the garage.

Probably head out there in a bit and continue on ... since it's still not terribly cold and is easy to heat.

Ten Day is showing more normal temps (highs of mid to high 30's, lows of low 30's to high 20's) starting Friday.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #182,938  
Helagobals

I really enjoy following your posts.
I may have something of different perspective, my interest in Latvia, that most on GM. Back in 1965, I took a year off from University and worked 2nd shift in a factory. Not long into this adventure I happened upon this breathtaking girl that worked 3rd shift, same line. Fortunately, I was often able to work double shifts. And I met this terrific Latvian beauty. It took several asks before I could take her for coffee afterwork. She was focused on work to earn money for school, not a personal life. That said we friends for 5 years, when I visited her in Grenoble during her school Christmas break. A wonderful, snowy, overnight train ride to Nuremberg and Christmas dinner at her Aunt’s. I was indeed smitten, but she was visibly annoyed when her Aunt told her she and the family were taking a short holiday so we could have the apartment and privacy. Hopes of a young man dashed.

Of course this was way before we had the internet. I knew her family, knew there was sports interests, but what I didn’t know until many many years later was her Dad was not just an athlete, but Janis Bebris was an Olympian, Latvian Footballer. I wish I had gotten to know him better. Learning of his life, gave me a very different sense of her life. Most likely would have had a different perspective during that trip as well. I had the honor to assist his sons in digging his grave after he passed in a car accident at too young an age.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,939  
Good evening all. 41ºF for the start in Saint Ann, they had falling temps during day and ended up with some snow. Overcast with rain and snow most of Missouri portion, clouds broke up over Oklahoma. High temp was 48ºF near home. Drive home was good overall. Snow was not issue driving and enjoyable. 600 miles driving 71 minutes stop time, 10:30 overall time. Missouri now has Buc-ees near Springfield, stopped there both ways. Still 2.3 inch in rain gauge. Hope all had Merry Christmas.
Friday night 11PM posts:
Kyle thought that sounded like School of the Ozarks. Thanks for the machining info.
Saturday 3:4- AM CST
Drew sorry about all the carbs, I have the same problem. Just hard to eat anywhere close to healthy.
Ron gad horn works and loud. Glad good part Friday night , Hope Saturday night party was as good. Nice pic Thanks for info cedar bird house
Buppies Sorry not much asphalt put down because ground cold. prayers sent.
Ron pecans sounds good :)
Thomas hope your Saturday went well.
NHBX hope dump run and hardware store were successful.
Drew glad you reconsidered your plan. I watch Usagi Electric a lot, have a better feel on how microprocessor works from series on vacuum tube computer.
Bill hope you got some seat time Sunday.
Billy thanks have not gotten feedback from Step daughter yet.
Frits funny how pets have their favorites. Hope seals are easy to replace. Good luck with tires.
Kilroy Glad admin work went well. Sorry about no deer hunting. Hope get another opportunity. Hope Ebay bid went well.
Ron fun story about new lawn mowing tractor. Nice work on upgrades and pics
Drew is there a turntable preamp in stereo or turntable?
Ted thanks for your explanation of what happened.
Ted sorry about no white Christmas. Hope the shelf work went well. Hope you get to enjoy working on hope chests.
Drew glad stereo worked. Have fun picking out turntable. Don't forget abut preamp for turntable.
David nice rain amount.
Ken sorry about the noise complaints. Spring house id really old. Glad the kids behaved well.
Saturday afternoon:
Scott(vt) sorry temp under achieved. Nice pics
Dennis wonder what genius failed to put guard on blade.
TBob42 welcome to GM thread. hope you ware able to finish clearing out Tumble weeds.
Dennis glad you made it to breakfast. Glad wife saw the humor. Hope meat and stocking stuffer stops went well.
Randy(wag) hope you survived the long day. Glad Penelope came in.
Thomas hope hotdog roast was good.
Ted glad power tools cooperated.
Scott(vt) have not heard from Mike.
Dennis glad BIL is home from hospital. Sorry son got away late. Hope he beat out Santa.
Sunday morning 2:20 AM CST
Ron glad barn and shop cleaned up. Hope family Christmas Eve get together went well. Nice pic
Buppies glad you and wife could do nothing together. prayers sent.
Drew hope both get togethers went well. Glad they got better lasagna.
Bill glad you are getting fly problem under control. Hope town trip went well.
NHBX hope putter day went well.
Kilroy glad Harry did not pull like last time. Hope dinner was good.
Thomas glad you could enjoy the deer the previous night.
Scott(vt) hope ribs turned out.
Helo nice you are getting white Christmas.
Frits thanks for Scandinavian folklore.
Paul glad you are getting to fly little airplane more. Hope deliveries went well. Sorry about the end of the era for you.
Helo thanks for the pics. I don't doubt aroma very good.
Ted sorry no white Christmas.
Ken hope they can keep tradition going even if on smaller scale. Hope cookies last. Nice pics
Frits interesting line up od bottles.
Scott(vt) glad you found thread and pic.
David hope pump problem worked out.
Kyle hope trip tp your mom's went well. Nice lawn cracks are gone and pond full.
Scotty hope you are getting heater issues worked out. Hope video from Cobra doesn't have wind noise.
Ron neat pic glad you still have it.
Don nice rain total. Sorry you had to start new era as well. Hope the new traditions are fun. Good to hear knee is doing well.
More catch up tomorrow.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,940  
Good morning ! Time to wake up already ! 😁

-2C, dry. But roads are rather dangerous.

Truck arrived 1 h earlier, and I took out that extra pallet with tools for office myself. Truck just left to site, where machine will land. Very productive morning
Still have to make like 300 km today

good morning y'all

Helo, nice pictures and more work waiting out in the forest for you.
My younger sister in Denmark is doing well after her husband died from covid. She now has his pension as well her own company pension and state social security plus her stock investments. She got her house in Copenhagen suburb completely refurbished and relandscaped and takes multiple vacations out of country every year. This year she toured Canada for several weeks. Also they don't worry about medical costs or assisted living cost as it is all taking care of by the state

Yeah, Scandinavian pensioners are legendary. Hotels and bars are waiting for them like this 🤗

And another thing is - here rather cheap alcohol. For average swede or fin it is cheaper to pay tickets and throw a party here rather than just make a party at Stockholm or Helsinki
Helo, you say the pine turning "blue" makes it worthless?
Wow... the sawmill that I just picked up a bunch of pine charges a 'premium' (almost 50% more) for the wood with the blue tinge. They actually have stacks and stacks of milled pine "aging" that color.
Yeah, here blue = pretty much worthless. It is good only for firewood or MDF; chipboard, OSB. Or some marginal items

Frankly, I agree. It's not that innocent, just aging, color. It is sign of fungi infection. If it is not stopped, consequences will be hard. Good thing is - it is easy to stop. Just kiln dry wood. But if it goes wet, infection will be back

Such material can't be used even for pallets (which are crossing borders). Authorities are trying to stop spreading of infection. If anyone will notice, all cargo will be returned

No way in construction. Doors, windows - just no

Might be used for fence posts etc if wood is impregnated. In vacuum or pressure chambers, not just sprayed

For furniture - no way to leave it open as it is. Maybe, if that article is painted. Or that pine is used in so called "carpenter's panel". I don't know how it's called in US, but basically that is thick solid wood panel, veneered or laminated in plywood. That goes for fancy furniture, where solid wood is used as substitute of MDF or chipboard. So factory can say - it is solid wood, no synthetic panels (MDF) inside. It is true, just not solid hardwood, but blue pine inside and hardwood veneer on top. But yeah - "solid wood" 😁

For idea - A grade pine logs now I can sell for 90 - 100 €/m^3
Firewood - 40 €/m^3. And blue=firewood

That birch now laying ahead of us is ~ 140 €/m^3. If it will be good enough for plywood factory. Sawmills pay a bit less than that, but still 3 digits

I am talking about neto volume. Each log is measured individually, volume considered from sheets. I just remember, 6 m long, d 42 cm = 1 m^3

Have a nice day !