Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,961  
New pump is working - no leaks.

This is an upgrade kind repair. The original pump was 1 1/2hp single speed. New one is 3hp variable, able to set 4 speeds and program various times. Still need to program, just running it at 3k rpm to get a good flush.
IMG_1523.JPG

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,962  
Late to post..... low this morning was 20°, hit a high of 45 this afternoon, sunny.

I made it to the airport to pick up the BIL without incident. Pulled in just as he touched down. Took him 20 minutes (which isn't bad) to make it out to the car.

He doesn't look good. Chemo taking its toll. Very upbeat and positive, we'll keep on that track with reinforcement.

Daughter got delayed getting started on the trip down, they are still about 3 hours out.... Hopefully she'll still stay a few hours, they have reservations to stay the night in Amarillo. Then they can have a better continuation of the trip down to Giddings during the day tomorrow.

Didn't get out to the shop the last 2 days... now the third. There is no rush.... I don't know why I'm so antcy about getting the shelves done.....

Hope everyone had a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #182,963  
Good Evening Guys,
Vt, blanked out the stock for the front rocker legs ! Previously had milled up the stock for the rocker seat !

The gang is here ! All hands on deck! 😂

Have a good evening ! 🙏

Frits, interesting picture with the tree climbing goats ! 😉

Attachments

• IMG_3719.jpeg
    IMG_3719.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3718.jpeg
    IMG_3718.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3722.jpeg
    IMG_3722.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #182,965  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 10.7C and it's presently 18.8C, overcast and fairly calm. There was 4.5mm in the gauge @ 0900.

Yesterday's trip to Launie (and Longford) was successful; Longford was first to my JD Dealership to get 30ltrs of hydraulic fluid (bugger me! Is that stuff infused with GOLD!) and hydraulic filter. Next was 'Bunnings' for a new Hills Hoist, which 'just' fit, on an angle, into the full-box of my ute.

Then it was on to 'Tankworld' to purchase a spare pump for the horse-trough tank... it's a 'just in case' spare as the original is still working, but is 10 years old. I received A$35 off of the price as I was a previous customer = nice surprise. Lunch and then a few more stops. Headed home by 1430 and home by 1700.

Today is mount the new Hills Hoist and unload the ute.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,966  
I never lived in Houston but while I was living in Fort Stockton I drove down to Houston for an interview. It would have been in the mid 80's, drove down in mid July or August in my old 64 IH Scout 4 cylinder 3 speed trany. When I finally got to the location for the interview I walked in and just told them there was no reason to have the interview as there was no way in he!! I was going to move down there or live there, we visited for a while and I got ready to head home what a nightmare of traffic in the late afternoon, I ended up just pulling over onto a shaded spot on the median and parking. Sitting there watching traffic and visited with a couple of police that checked up on me. Told them I was waiting for traffic to die down and then I would be the heck out of their town. About 6 or so I got started driving home again after the crazy traffic had thinned down a bit.
That was over 35 years ago I can't imagine what it's like now.
That's a long drive, about 500 miles each way. I'm guessing it was the traffic? How much was it the heat, humidity and mosquitoes???
I'm glad you didn't get carjacked or robbed. Were you in the oil field or agriculture there in Ft. Stockton?

Late to post..... low this morning was 20°, hit a high of 45 this afternoon, sunny.

I made it to the airport to pick up the BIL without incident. Pulled in just as he touched down. Took him 20 minutes (which isn't bad) to make it out to the car.

He doesn't look good. Chemo taking its toll. Very upbeat and positive, we'll keep on that track with reinforcement.

Daughter got delayed getting started on the trip down, they are still about 3 hours out.... Hopefully she'll still stay a few hours, they have reservations to stay the night in Amarillo. Then they can have a better continuation of the trip down to Giddings during the day tomorrow.

Didn't get out to the shop the last 2 days... now the third. There is no rush.... I don't know why I'm so antcy about getting the shelves done.....

Hope everyone had a great day!
Are we relations??? LOL. I'm not native here....been here for 20 years and still feel like the new kid on the block sometimes.

Ron, cute picture, you had a helper steering you in the correct direction....you may not have realized it at the time....just toys for kids are a little different than us.

I'm off the rest of the week.

Been trying to get a stuck wheel off of the riding mower's axle. It is rusted solid. I've put penetrant, put some heat on the end of the shaft until red hot....my 3 point puller has started bending the rim's edge. Also banged on it with a 3lb sledge. Next I will do like Teryldactyl says to heat the crap out of the hub's shaft area, burning off the paint, and then splashing it with a water hose. It's a K46 Tufftorq, bought in 2005. About 500 hours cutting our yard. I'm planning on putting the new spider gears in it, and probably lapping the faces of the motors. We'll see. Don't have a good press here.
IMG_20231227_112057524.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,967  
That's a long drive, about 500 miles each way. I'm guessing it was the traffic? How much was it the heat, humidity and mosquitoes???
I'm glad you didn't get carjacked or robbed. Were you in the oil field or agriculture there in Ft. Stockton?
Actually Sulfer mining production for Texas Gulf Chemical.
The temperature and humidity combined with the traffic,
I wasn't overly concerned about carjacking or getting robbed back in those days.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,968  
Saw eagle on way to church this morning.
good worship, good lunch.
been busy working on my picture site, it's starting to take a lot of time. I put out a big series of pictures yesterday. train stuff.
Snagglepuss left a 2nd mouse on the doorstep this afternoon, this one half eaten.....
We see eagles almost everyday but yesterday we drove by a field with over 25 Bald Eagles in the trees. There are 2, sometimes 3 that sit in a tree across the 4 lane highway from us also. And 2 hawks and a young one live in our woods.

IMG_9109.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #182,969  
Good evening all. 34ºF for the start, overcast light breeze. Light wind, moderate gusts, variable cloudiness finished mostly cloudy.. high temp was 44ºF. Putter to start day, got fire started in insert, was nice to have it running today. Made some calls in estate, no progress in locating missing trust document. Trip to town for lunch drop of bank documents, Lunch and grocery shopping. Forgot list but was able remember everything on list and some enhancements. Got bike ride in, loaded wood wagon and went to Mexican restaurant for dinner. Pick truck tomorrow, they replaced left catalytic converter.
Sunday 1:14 PM CST
Kyle sorry about the tree, hope it did not slow you down too much. Hope your mom visit went well.
Paul thanks for info.
Kyle sorry you missed your daughter's birth.
Fuddy belated Happy Birthday!
Dennis Happy Birthday to your nephews twins.
Scott(vt) hope rib are as good as they look.
Dennis glad worship went well and you only messed up once.Sorry about small crowd at lunch. Good to hear son only 3 hours away.
Frits having the naughty bone upside sown shows how naughty he is. Nice pic
PJ it was nice Christmas Eve. Glad you could have Christmas on Schedule in spite of cancellation. Hope head cold does not slow you down too much.
Randy(wag) good to hear midnight service went well. Nice to hear presents opened and on to neighbor's lunch.
Kyle glad to hear good visit with your mom, and restaurant was good. Hope son gets to use his Christmas present.
Monday morning 12:10 AM:
Dennis Happy Birthday to Mrs Farmer.
Drew up awfully early. Hope yo get a nap before Christmas party.
Ron sorry you are up so early. Hope phone call went well. very nice pic
Bill hope the white potatoes didn't upset the apple cart. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas dinner.
Thomas kids and kids at heart can play with the darnedest things.
Dennis impressed the cats are not in the Christmas tree.
Scott(vt) 50ºF on Christmas in New England, impressive.
Buppies made it there, visited everyone I could, and made it back. prayers sent.
Paul glad all deliveries done before Christmas. Have fun with family, glad Zoe not forgotten.
Scotty hope you mom's 100th Christmas went well.
Gstrom glad you are getting rain.
Scotty nice to hear your mom and dad are doing so well at there age.
Ken good to hear good Christmas Eve party went well. Sorry you are still tired.
David hope HH went well.
Dennis nice pic of you and the birthday girl.
Drew have fun trying to get both sets working at same time. Glad you got short nap.
Dennis nice table. good luck planning trip.
Randy will be interesting to see if everywhere gets rain.
WoodchuckDad interesting hike hope all OK after the extra miles. Nice daughter is doing so well. great pic
Fuddy sorry about the virus. Very sorry about losing your cat. I do hope Christmas better next year.
Tuesday AM:
Dennis sorry you are up so early.
Ron glad you got to visit with family over the phone. Nice you got bracket fabbed and painted. Nice moon pic
Billy good to hear you are getting rain.
Thomas hope Tuesday went well.
Don hope I did not get a hard freeze did not have outside faucet covers on. Hope PT and store run went well. Glad tamales turned out well.
Kilroy hope Ebay auction goes in your favor. Glad Dinner was successful and normal Christmas activities followed. Hope you were able to enjoy the energy conservation.
Paul good to hear you did not miss hosting Christmas and pork belly got smoked. Pics looks good. Hope flight was safe.
Buppies glad you got some rain.
Drew have fun with gift card. Hope insulation install goes well.
Kyle sorry to here you are not over your respiratory issues. prayers for you to finish getting better. Glad good Christmas dinner and some leftovers :)
Frits sorry you had to travel so much.
David glad HH went well. Glad you are getting parts for electrical system. Hope you able to get pump parts.
Frits daily commute like that doesn't sound like fun.
Ted sorry you lost mojo and power on same day :(
more catch up later.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #182,970  
Good morning ! Time to wake up already ! 😁

If yesterday roads were full with snow then today is +5C / 41 F
E89290AF-C089-4FF3-B4B0-354DFFACDF8B_1_105_c.jpeg

All that beauty will be gone by evening
Anyway, that's nothing we can manage

Roadtrip was rather challenging. I took that snapshot where I could afford single hand steering. Most of the time driving required 2 hands on the wheel. Made 200 miles only, but rather exhausting

Tesla starts to play jokes. Cruise control does not engage. Service thinks problem is in cameras

Meetings were nice, discussed plans, future investments. Even operative situation is bad
~~~~~~~~
From here below starts my material interest 🤑
One customer of mine is looking to sell in US semi-finished drawer boxes. Birch, nice quantities, plain boards, with groove, lacquered. I am skeptical, as here that is not a thing, almost everybody uses metallic drawers, with hardware for soft-close and push-to-open.
Agent of my guy is claiming that US customers are conservative, you guys like that plain wooden box, no hardware, where wood slides on wood. That applies both to kitchens and wardrobes. Is it so ?