Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,012  
Early January thaw. ;)
We've only had a handful of nights so far, that got below 15. "They" predicted a "warmer than norm" winter. So far, they are right...

/ Good morning!!!! #183,014  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.7C and it's presently 20.5C, mostly cloudy with wind expected to increase this arvo.

The Hills Hoist was 'assembled' and mounted yesterday and I'm glad that my Mate was on-hand to assist. And, no, we didn't really read the "instruction booklet"... truth be told, it wouldn't have been much of a help. We figured out that the best method was to assemble it (arms fully extended & locked in place) on the ground, upside-down, and then 'walk it' into the ground-socket. Done.

Today will be a recycling run to the tip, including the old hoist. Oh, and my Mate has just put a load of dhobi in so that he can be the first to use the hoist.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,016  
Finally got the wheel off. Had to heat and beat it 4 times. Once it finally moved a 1/4", I ended up having to heat it and beat it back on the shaft, because I had mushroomed the end of the shaft. Some die grinding fixed that, another heating and I banged it off with the pneumatic air hammer, similar to what m7040 posted earlier.

Now I can take apart the tranny.
IMG_20231229_165600664_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231229_165608290.jpg

Shows how hot I had to get it to break loose.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,017  
Good evening all. 30ºF for the start, mostly clear, moderate breeze. Light wind, moderate gusts, variable cloudiness, and high temp was 52ºF. Make coffee, groom ashes, rebuild fire in insert, shower and go pick up truck at dealer. Check engine light was for left catalytic converter, no charge. Got some anti histamine while in town, not working tonight :(. watched YouTube then bike ride. made pot of hamburger stroganoff for dinner.
Tuesday posts 11:04 AM CST:
RNG hope the shelf work on Tuesday went well. Glad good Christmas.
Ken hope you can eat some of the nut bread. Sorry about the sink. Nice to hear fire warmed up the room.
Lou probably no A/C either. Glad you worked that out before moving.
PJ glad you are feeling better, sorry wife is sick, glad she gets some soup.
Randy(wag) glad you could do laundry without clothes line. Nice long visit with friend. Hope you can get some inexpensive whites he likes.
David glad you got your parts, and they are now installed, will the get your solar output back to normal, and fix no battery usage?
Wednesday morning posts 3:29 AM CST:
Bill hope conservation of energy went well.
Ron sorry woodpecker eating the suet cakes. Hope you can get valve installed soon.
Phil hope you can stay away from the cookies and cake. Neat clock!
Helo all that argument for nothing ;) Sorry about the size and scope of the #3 spot on forest. Sorry about work situation had he same problem here some companies work, some don't. Sorry about all the ice from melting snow.
Billy glad you got some splitting in before heavier rain.
Drew hope you make progress in office and pump on hot tub. No on one to 2 USB cable.
Thomas hope you plan works out.
Ron hope you can the the valve mounted and working.
Kilroy glad you kept couches at bay. And won at EBay. Hope hunting goes well.
Helo Interesting financial disscusion, glad you added the historical time line.
Buppies nice rain amount. prayers sent.
Paul glad fight went well except for the delays. Hope Naple went better.
Drew hope energy conservation was good.
Masseyrider sorry about no sun.
Paul that delay is ugly.
Dennid hope you did not miss recycle.
Gstrom love the sign.
RNG sorry about the plugged drainage pipes. Sorry about unlabeled electrical lines.
Scott(vt) hope you got both truck loads packed, and good trip to Vermont.
Don sorry BOI has it in for you.
Frits sorry so hard to call off unleaded fuel delivery. Good to hear sister doing well.
Ken sorry no progress on stomach issues. Sorry dinner postponed.
Ted sorry motivation is MIA. Hope you fond it after grocery run.
David hope you got old parts back. Hope you were able to get item for pump project. and Sophie got her stop(s) taken care of.
Randy nice rain amount. hope you didn't forget list like I did.
Mike good to hear from you. Sorry about additional family matters.
RS glad you go some rain. Sounds like gifting was fun. Good to hear progress continues on heater install. Glad you good weather to work in.
David thanks for story.
Thursday posts 12:42 CST:
Helo Sorry roads are a mess and you have 300KM to go. Thanks for explanation of blue pins lack of value.
Ron glad good parts run. Hope last breakfast for year went well. Nice squirrel pic.
NHBX glad good Christmas. Glad you got some cleanup and tress cut down for neighbor.
Drew lot of rain if you don't need it. Hope shopping went well.
Thomas hope day went according to plan.
Ron neat pic, 2.5 yo GD would do same thing.
Dennis congrats on 1 yr retirement.
Frits good to her you and Cody ready to take on the day. Hope air hammer usable. Nice Sahara desert pics
Kilroy sorry no sightings during hunt. Hope dinner with your mom good.
Bill hope town run went well.
Scott(vt) hope you got ready for company. Hope you get the shop time.
Paul glad no problems except for delays. Hope you found some thing to do yesterday. Impressive line of waiting aircraft.
Buppies sorry no snow. Glad pond up a foot.
Dennis hope you start sleeping better.
Ken glad new drain in sink. Nice deer pick.
Drew sorry about wreck on way home from store.
David hope you can get mowing soon. Hope pump work went well.
Frits goats look funny in the tree. Neat pics
David good to hear new pump in.
Ted sorry BIL doing poorly. prayers sent. Hope good visit with daughter.
Scot(vt) glad progress on rocker. Have fun with grandkids.
Randy(wag) glad god trip into the big town. Hope today was as productive.
Kyle good luck with stuck wheel.
Kurt(sprinkler Fitter) neat pic of bald eagles
Helo sorry about issues on road trip. None of my cabinet drawers are wood on wood.
RNG hope you wall down without further problems.
Scaredy sorry about alone on Christmas. Sorry about brake issue, hope you get it sorted out soon.
Today pots 3:37 AM CST:
Drew hope you figure out how to run both speakers.
Ron sorry about leak, hope you get it sorted out soon. Nice dove pick.
Frits like the new pic better, but still not as nice with bone upside down.
Buppies glad wife happy, hope you are enjoying the football. Saw some of Mizzou's victory over Ohio state.
Drew sorry you are having such a time with feet healing, prayers sent.
Billy glad nice hike in mountains yesterday.
Ftrits good to hear impact hammer working
Billy nice pics
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /friends upcoming new baby, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,018  
Poured first cup of coffee. 30° with mostly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 37° with mostly cloudy skies. Got leaky valve fixed. It was a fitting that I had with compounded already on it. Fixed by cleaning and putting my compound on it. Tractor is ready to do some work. That was enough for the day. No plans for today.
When are we going to get some sun.
HgEMqe6.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,019  
34 and rain has stopped. Going to 49.

Fired up the woodstove yesterday, so need to bring in some wood. Probably use the wheelbarow instead of tractor based on how wet the ground is now.

I first saw a big dog in that boulder, but the longer I looked at it, the more animals I saw.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,020  
31 outside this AM. Hope to have an OK day.

These last six (6) Decembers have taken a toll on my family.

A few weeks ago we lost a family friend in an aircraft accident.

A few days ago, my father passed.

Yet more friends to Arlington, now my father too. This AM I will make a road trip to start the interment process for my Dad. I find comfort in knowing he served his nation proudly and will be amongst his friends.

"The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour."
Judges 6:12

Hoping all health and happiness in the New Year.