Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,101  
27F cloudy.

Good morning at bear center :) afternoon tempted take tractor chainsaw to side field for tree clean up,after walking around decided ground was to soft which would cause lot of extra work...been numbing it all afternoon.
Plans for the evening :unsure: I doubt very much I greet New Years baby.

All enjoy your evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,102  
Good Evening Guya,
Have been using propane my entire life, at 72 I have not blown myself up yet !! Someone stated that a properly maintained oil furnace or boiler will not do that, so true but a lot of oil furnaces are not properly maintained !Although I only do part time oil delivery, I have seen some catastrophic oil furnace explosions, so the key word is properly maintained !!
I have propane at both houses, and have never had an issue. Could I have one, yes but I try to stay on top of the service ! I also did some propane delivery, and you would be amazed at the drivers that dont know how to properly fill a propane tank ! You fill with the bleeder valve, not the gage ! Especially in the summer when the sun and expansion is a serious factor !

OK I will get off my horse now ! If my house blows up tonite, you can tell me, I told you soo !! ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,104  
Merry Christmas and happy new year. Hope Santa was good to y'all.

I cleaned house this year. Got a flat top grill, rotisserie attachment for the pellet smoker, some flannel shirts that actually fit Kids got me a fancy knife set for grilling Son in law got me a couple new tools.

And...... Santa delivered an Brand new Massey Ferguson 1825E with quick attach bucket loader, woods rotary cutter and a box blade

And before people comment, yes there's still bubble wrap on the ROPS and what you can't see from the photos is card board still zip tied to the loader arms

I stopped by the Massey dealer and signed paperwork the other day. Their driver loaded it up on their trailer and followed me home. I was a little excited. Once I unloaded the box blade off his truck I went straight to brush hogging didn't even notice the bubble wrap or cardboard still on it

Celebrated Xmas with the kids tonight, and then off to see mom tomorrow to celebrate with the rest of the family.

View attachment 841603View attachment 841604View attachment 841605
Congratulations! Very nice setup!
I do see a problem..... no dirt on the bucket!;)(y)

/ Good morning!!!! #183,105  
Congratulations! Very nice setup!
I do see a problem..... no dirt on the bucket!;)(y)
There is a little. Wife's working tomorrow so I'll be out clearing some around the property.

I did notice that the dealer mounted the tires hub out but wider portion of the rim in. So at some point I'll have to pull the rear tires and widen the stance all the way out.

I kept looking at the rear wheels thinking something didn't look right. Figured it out when I looked at my brothers tractor today.

At least the treads going the correct direction

/ Good morning!!!! #183,107  
Found out the Jeep's blower wasn't working..... checked fuses- nope, checked switch- nope, checked resistor- nope (all this required some [a LOT] disassembly of the dash.
Then gently tapped on the back housing of the blower- yep, started up. If the switch or ignition is turned off -- nope, won't turn on.

Disassembled half of the a/c system to move it out of the way.... barely. Took the blower out, disassembled and cleaned the motor armature. Really works good now, but the brushes don't have much longer until they give up the smoke.....
I almost fell over when I looked up a replacement... $130 to $185---- WHAT?? -- for a plastic 6" squirrel cage and a 12v motor? Hope those brushes hold up for a while.....

Everything back together and working. --- for now.....
I just can't understand how somebody can ignore vehicle problems until they become so bad.....
Future SIL and I are going to have a conversation.....

Needless to say, -- still no progress on the woodworking front. Probably tomorrow.....

/ Good morning!!!! #183,109  
Learn something everyday---- never knew that Ford made airplanes back in the day..... IMG_1273.jpegIMG_1272.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #183,110  
Good (Monday) New Year's Day arvo. Overnight Low was 11.5C and it's presently 24.8C, high overcast with a gentle breeze.

My Mate and I juuuust made it to midnight, shook hands and toddled off to bed = nice 'sleep in'. Hence the late-ish reporting in.

Not much planned for today except changing all of the calendars around the house & shed (that one is a 'girly' calendar which, of course, is a requirement in any workshop/shed). And I need to tabulate last year's rain chart.

That's about it. Have a great 2024. Take care all.