Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,641  
Good (Thursday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.4C and it's presently 25.6C, partly cloudy with a gentle breeze.

Yesterday's 'into town' run went well and, after lunch, I went out to the shed to start pouring oil... but first I needed to remove the old engine oil filter. "No problem", says I, " it'll be an easy job, probably 5 minutes." 40 minutes LATER, bruised arm, 'barked' knuckle and utterly exhausted the bloody thing finally loosened and came off. I think that I also pinched a nerve for half of the tip of my right 'pointer' finger as it's still numb.

It appears that I had the strength of the proverbial 'factory 800lb gorilla' when doing the last engine oil change.💪

Anyway, all of the filters & plugs are back on and I filled the engine oil before calling it a day. The hydraulic oil will get done today, then it'll be a matter of disposing of the used oil.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,643  
Yes, it's a shame that all that wood will just be going into a brush pile. Nobody I know burns pine for firewood.
Pine is fine, I like to season it for two summers. It burns quick and hot and produces very little ash, I mix it with the hardwoods and do it have a problem with it.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,646  
Good evening all. 34ºF for the stat. partly cloudy breezy. Windy, wind decreased in afternoon, Sky remained partly cloudy all day., and high temp was 65ºF. Men's meeting to start day, had to take truck, battery in golf cart couldn't start golf cart. When I got home check battery voltage, 9.8 volts wonder if charging will work, charger said bad battery, 12.7 volts dropped to 12. 3 volts tonight, time for new battery. Had phone meeting with Fidelity, talked about how much cash I needed to execute the will. and how not to make Uncle Sam any richer than he needs to be. Took short nap, phone and coughing kept it from being longer. No Mexican tonight the friends are getting over colds, so we all stayed home. Stepdaughter picked up other bike out of bike shop, did not get bills paid and did get bike ride in, not total disaster, time wise.
Friday Morning 7:30 posts:
Scott(vt) sorry there are more decorations to take down. I have no generator so you are way ahead of me.
Ken hope work is going ok. Sounds like you can change to snow control quickly. I started snow and ice training on parking lots.
Drew the video has been disabled on TBN.
Buppies glad not a lot of ice. prayer sent.
Frits I think not good idea to get stuck with thermometer at 120ºF. Some thing they don't forget.
Ron glad you got the generator set so wife could have O2.
Don glad you found Costco not crowded. Nice rain amount, you had 2.5 time as much rain than us. Hope on your own PT went well. Glad brother over Covid.
RNG glad you have better bed to sleep on, mostly good trip back north, hope usb cable better connection. Hope you can get wire harness fixed.
Ted hard to plan when snow forecast that challenging. Hope snow control goes well. Glad you found a good midpoint. Good to hear motivation is coming back.
David sorry weather fooled you, and guy lost at H&F again.
Frits glad plows are mounted on. thanks for pics
Drew if the computer can find both speakers than usb protocol will not let both speakers run at same time. Turntable will need phono preamp for decoding signal from turntable. Don't ask me how I know.
RS glad feeders are filled. Nice for $200 in parts you get get washer working well.
Scott(vt) if you would get done quicker in Vermont is that because garage is heated?
Thomas hope you are ready for snow.
Randy(wag) glad you got the garbage and recycle to the tip.Glad you could cur cap of and clean flue. Have fun chain harrow on paddock 6.
Dennis glad you are home, only 200 miles further than my STL trips :(. Glad pellet stove back on.
Buppies glad you had fun 4 wheeling.
Scotty hope you had fun at gun store.
Saturday morning posts 3:24 CST:
Bill enjoy the snow.
Ron glad you started on tax prep. Good luck switching mower parts to other tractor:
Helo most snow not far below freezing point. Glad brush is doing good work on snow. Glad you techs could help the electrician and no smoke released. Glad family could help out at work. with different president then different result.
Plowhog hope you got plenty of snow.
Billy got to see a pair of C130's doing touch and go landings at Springfield MO airport. They would retract flaps and take off again, no apparent power adjustment.
NHBX hope you got your dump run in before snow hit.
THomas Hope you got your agenda done.
Drew no falls, did have some wheel slippage on road, son/in-law asked id truck was in slick road mode, ooopppps.
Frits. hope you can handle the snow.
Buppies glad ice gone. Sorry father did not get back to Battle of Bulge battlefield.
Drew I don't know the ranges close by but if you want I can ask son-in law about ranges.
Scott(vt) I was thinking along the lines of "wished I had got the whole house generator. Hope you got generator tested and snow blower ready.
Buppies nice collection of firearms.
RNG sorry about the home owner's rate increase, very healthy for State Farm. Sorry about the jack now not working. Hope inside day was poductive.
Drew 737 was not a structure failure, everything that held door closed in flight was there, the bolts have not been found. if bolts missing or faulty then door can move and open.
Mike sorry about last two months hope in-laws and lawyers behave.
Paul one must always make French Toast during snowstorms ;) Hope breakfast good and speaker progress also good.
Ron same way in Netherlands, everyone wanted to "practice" their English.
Ted hope you get a lot of moisture out of this. Sorry the pellets are not better. Hope Christmas lights come down easy.
More catch up tomorrow :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,647  
The first one that Don linked is worth the $40. Mine is still working 15 years later.

I just don’t see myself doing a manual rain gauge. How many people actually measure and empty every day exactly same time? I know I couldn’t/wouldn’t. My Davis resets every night at midnight, whether I remember or not, even if not home.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,648  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 29° with light snow. Heading to 35° with cloudy skies. Dentist visit went well. Got all other visits done. Car is dirty again. Couple of neighbors and I got tractor out with back blade on it. Cut the hump across our driveways. Built up from grading the county road we live on. Did not take long. Rest of the time was spent making plans for projects in the spring. Going to install mower lift linkage on tractor today.
VDI9k42.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.