Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,281  
if you look back at old posts from 2020 timeframe, you will see alligatoritis mentioned, or getting bit by the alligator if you got covid. We had to talk around it. Mostly used to give a daily totals, until the administration decided you could not mention it at all. TBN lost a lot of participants then.
Mostly, dads car was an early 2000 Saturn, that was my oldest sisters car until she passed away in 2011. Now dad only drove a few miles into town and back. The car was not road worthy.
29° and calling for 2” snow.
Yesterday I picked up Chinese for lunch, and grabbed a couple extra to have for tomorrow’s snow day. I told my son that my wife will try to claim them for a dinner meal so she wouldn’t have to cook. Sure enough, today she said don’t eat those, they will be tomorrow’s supper. 😂
I said, hold on now, I bought that for lunch, but I got a feeling if I eat it for lunch, there won’t be a supper. 😂

/ Good morning!!!! #184,284  
Well, didn't do anything in the shop.... far from it...

Ended up out there, but decided to restack the pellets, low side up on top.... pulled a shoulder and neck muscle. Must have just moved the wrong way.

It was really bothering me, but seems to be better now, 6 hours later. Won't push it tomorrow for sure. I haven't pulled a muscle in years.... forgot that it isn't too pleasant!

---- I really just needed a nap ... that's my story and sticking to it!:censored::)

A good thing... at least the wind stopped..for the time being.

Have a great evening!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,286  
Good (Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.5C and it's presently 25.8C, sunny and fairly calm.

Well, the portaloo problem has been solved as I remembered that there is a local company that rents them. A quick call and the owner said that he can deliver one either today or tomorrow. That's a great outcome as it's a 'last minute' request and the Shire is hosting a Junior Athletics competition on Saturday, which is usually very well attended.

Today I'll be staying pretty close to my mobile phone (re: loo delivery) but I do need to quickly nip into town to pick up a 3 kilo pork shoulder IOT make a pulled-pork for the soiree. The rest of the day will be continuing preps for Sunday. 55+ guests have confirmed so far.

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,287  
That's exactly why I stopped using Quicken. I entered the data manually because importing it from the bank was problematic. The entries sometimes had unclear descriptions, leading to confusion when I looked at them later. More importantly, any errors made by the bank or credit card companies would just propagate into the budget app. That said, though, in more than 20 years with Quicken, I never once found an error in either the credit card or bank statements. All the errors were on my end, mostly from fat fingering the numbers on the receipts I entered by hand.

Time sure makes a difference. Been at least 20 years since my Quicken days
This Monarch program is looking really good, not that I was feeling that way 1st few hours. Account input was tedious to me in that I was constantly bombarded with 2 FA requests and codes. Understand, but not my favorite feature. That said, except for my credit union the inputs were flawless. CU only retrieved balance, no transactions. Emailed Monarch support and received instructions in a timely manner and problem solved. Perhaps a mistake on my part but I did all the imports before reviewing the transactions. While programs makes attempt at Categories, their are errors. Once I reviewed and changed a few transactions program began looking better and better.

We only write a couple dozen checks search each year and very very little cash. I can see my role as being more observatory. All my account balances are spot on with my records. Once I update my credit card auto payed to full balance I have no doubt Sophie will find this program useful without worry. Same for the kids.
I can access via the web or app on iPhone or iPad. Kids will be able to use their androids as well.

At this point I think I’ve made a good pick. Still have a few more things to do like savings goals and those transactions.
I foresee less fat finger errors. Hopefully no more chasing that imbalance caused by typing a 5 vs 3 etc.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,288  
Back in the day it was pretty common for a spreadsheet or database program to be able to import CSV files. They'd provide an option to map each field in the file to a column in the spreadsheet or cell in the database. Don't the modern apps still have that, too?

Oh yes, that is still a feature. When I had initial non import of my credit union accounts I did a CSV import. Biggest lesson, neither Sophie not the kids would do that too labor intensive. In this case I had to import the CU file into spreadsheet, rebuild spreadsheet into format wanted by Monarch, export that file into CSV and finally import into Monarch. Worked great, but not something you want to do on regular basis. Sophie confirmed when I told her

/ Good morning!!!! #184,289  
Wow, thought Quattro was awesome next to Lotus back in the day, but we still integrated Lotus in our project. Probably still have MacInTax tucked away

Wonder if this license is still valid

IMG_1502.JPG