Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,511  
good news is one very cold cd player showed up
letting it wait until this afternoon to warm up chassis
but my expensive toslink cable is the wrong one or I need an adapter
The output of the CD player is coaxial digital audio. The input to the Sprout amplifier
is the square toslink digital type. So I have a round going into a square.
Is there an adapter for one end? Is that considered a mini?

the humorous part of this is I can play the unit this afternoon.
On a 99 cent set of rca connector cables, the super cheap freebies they give you, from some other unit.
will be very interesting to compare sound quality when I do get the right cable.

bad news is I can't get photos off my phone any more.
they are in there, even paid the buck a month for more I storage.
will fiddle with that for sure

/ Good morning!!!! #184,512  
Snagglepuss just came to the door with a bird in her mouth, wings still moving. First time I’ve seen her with a bird. Tiger saw her and is at door wanting out.
Got TurboTax installed, waiting for tax forms to come in, only got 1 so far.
Up to 22°. Some snow/ice just came crashing down from the roof, probably from the skylight.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,513  
Morning all;
Fixing to go out in a couple of minutes, going to put the back blade on.
Then to clean up this inch of snow before it gets packed down and made into ice on my hill.
From a low of 5F we are up to 26F already heading for 30F for a forecast high.
Snow showers and rain showers forecast for the next couple of days then rain forecast for the next couple after that, so sloppy icey or muddy mess. I'd rather it stayed froze up till winter was completely over.
1705939747682.png

So for now stay warm, healthy and safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,514  
figured out the phone but that update sure made a mess of the pics, put them in folders, have to find stuff
but the good news is that my previous inability to reset my password now works with update.
So I now can load an app on the phone, and first one was Uber. Then a trip traffic weather program.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,515  
Good morning! Low of 30°, heading to 45°. Partly sunny. The last storm through (yesterday) was a bust. A couple flurries, and a sprinkle.... Texas got it all!
Next storm is stronger, coming in tomorrow. Hopefully we will get some precip out of it.

SallyB, welcome to the GM thread. Come back often!

Today is errand day. Took max to the groomer already, local grocery stop needed, then into town around noon. Not going to get much of anything else done.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,517  
66°F and 0 rain

Watched some football and worked on budgets. Fair amount of time with the kids on FT and just texting but I think we have a good starting point. They will have to make some adaptations. Seems my son was was being a bit irresponsible without owning it. Monarch ratted him out. Kinda glad here are wife hashed it out in Va and I’m here in Hawaii. But I think we may be on track. Time will tell.

Neighbor hosting Happy Hour this afternoon. Mexican food theme.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #184,518  
27°F and freezing rain this morning, going up to 36° today. iThingie weather app says it's been snowing since 3am, and will continue to snow until 2pm. Nope. Only liquid water falling and freezing. The whole area is a sheet of ice (that pink area on your map, Drew).

Fortunately for me, I'd requested today off a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately for me, when I logged in to do some reports this morning, I checked attendance and only eight of my 39 hourly employees are clocked in today. I'm told the other facility has about the same.

Temperature is already above freezing (33°), so hopefully it will start to melt.

Wife and I have the iPhone 13 with 17.2.1 iOS. When the previous iOS update hit, we lost part of our "Find My" connection. I can still see her devices, but she can't see mine anymore. When I try to send her a new share location request, I get a "Share Location Unavailable" popup. Nothing changed, yet something did. I have in the past had to agree to new terms before it would let me use the Find My app, but that's not the case this time. Haven't yet figured out what changed.

More magnificent wood work, Phil.

Hope everyone is well (or getting better, Bruce).

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,519  
good news is one very cold cd player showed up
letting it wait until this afternoon to warm up chassis
but my expensive toslink cable is the wrong one or I need an adapter
The output of the CD player is coaxial digital audio. The input to the Sprout amplifier
is the square toslink digital type. So I have a round going into a square.
Is there an adapter for one end? Is that considered a mini?

the humorous part of this is I can play the unit this afternoon.
On a 99 cent set of rca connector cables, the super cheap freebies they give you, from some other unit.
will be very interesting to compare sound quality when I do get the right cable.

bad news is I can't get photos off my phone any more.
they are in there, even paid the buck a month for more I storage.
will fiddle with that for sure

TOS link is optical, coax digital is electrical. You would have to add another layer of conversion to make it work.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,520  
TOS link is optical, coax digital is electrical. You would have to add another layer of conversion to make it work.
ok, thanks
I ordered a 9 dollar pair of decent rca cables.
player works fine
funny how the older cds don't sound quite as full as the new streaming music