Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,592  
Good (Wednesday) morning. Overnight Low of 12.5C and it's presently 18.9C, rainy overcast & fairly calm. I'll check the gauge tomorrow as the rain has pretty much just started.

Paddock #1 chain-harrowed & mulched yesterday arvo. The Mad Agisting Horse Woman & Daughter went on a surprisingly long ride... it was supposed to be for about an hour & a half but lasted 4 hours. I was getting concerned.

Today is 'into town' day for mail/groceries, then, later, I need to go over to Ross for an evening meeting. I'm looking at getting back home by 2100.

That's about it, take care all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #184,593  
So we are at mid 60F and instead of concerns for frozen pipes we have flood warnings. The creeks are risin'!

Had to catch up on my current events this morning at coffee. Haven't gone since the weather went cold but today had some pretty hot political gossip. I'll forgo any retelling as politics should stay off limits in GM.

I got word that my Dad's last remaining sister passed away and will be buried Saturday. I'll be attending the funeral. She was 90 and the youngest of her siblings.

Stay warm, dry and well fed everyone!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,597  
Ken, thanks for great explanation.
what I stream on the "audiophile" YT channels so far
has sounded much more live and realistic than the cds.
well at least cd's won't wear out.

I also find I like close miked studio recordings better than live.
Seems the music gets lost in crowd noise and also all that "reverb" noise is hard on my tinnitus.
folks who like classical music want that big sound stage and
classical at least you don't deal with a noisy audience

I used to have Sibelius Sym 2. Need to find that again.
I really know very little about classical music, opera, anything particularly old or cultured.
It does sound nice, always liked the wind instruments
the clear sound of an oboe or bassoon, but you don't often hear them close miked and really up front and personal
unless they are solos vs part of a big orchestra
though I'm sure if I googled oboe music I'd find it.

good idea about Amazon music. I have a smart tv in rv and unlimited wifi so
time to "track" that down. There is also Pandora and many more, whoever has least amount
of commercials gets my nod

RNG, slow and steady wins the race. Remember to have fun every day. Pretty sure you are good at that.
There are certain live recordings that are superior to the studio version, simply because of the energy. My two best examples are Billy Joel’s live “Miami 2017” on Songs From The Attic and Skynyrd’s live “Freebird”.

but most live recordings are not as good as the studio.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,598  
There are certain live recordings that are superior to the studio version, simply because of the energy. My two best examples are Billy Joel’s live “Miami 2017” on Songs From The Attic and Skynyrd’s live “Freebird”.

but most live recordings are not as good as the studio.

Rolling Stones “Get yer YaYa’ s out” comes to mind. Hard to replicate the energy of a live performance in the studio.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,600  
It has been cloudy and misty all day with temps in the 50s.
Has anyone received their check from the Apple iPhone settlement this month?
My wife's SE battery swole up till it broke the case.
I didn't get an iPhone check but I did get a check for $25 from an IKEA settlement. My wife wanted to stop and after waiting in the truck I went in to see if they had any snacks. I bought some good candy and that resulted in me getting the check.