Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,271  
Good morning! Low of 31°, high only expected to hit 40°. Wind, wind, and more wind! Started last night, gusty now. Red flag warnings through tomorrow with wind 30-45mph with gusts as high as 65 mph.
Basically no precipitation out of this storm. Big bad clouds.... just no rain...disappointing.

Scott, wish Kathleen a HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎁🎂. Too bad you're on the short side of the vacation. Isn't it amazing at how fast vacations fly by?

Plowhog, hope you have a speedy recovery from the procedure. That was one hard trip for sure!

Ken, sorry that the lab results didn't reveal the issue. The process of elimination is just as important as finding a reason... hang in there!
Great news that the complicated cuts are done. Always feels great to get through a 'phase' of a project.

Drew, the plantings are looking good! You sure do spoil your plants.... heating pads and all!
"Welcome to Drew's plant spa! -- would you like a mud mask?"
For cutting the landscape fabric, we just use a box-cutter razor knife. Cuts real easy and clean as long as there's a good blade.

Kilroy, haven't heard about the excavator for a while now..... just waiting for weather to get better? Oh, the sawmill too.... just hibernation time?

I have one of those pads too.... for the good knee. Can't put any weight on the bad... I am definitely not as graceful getting up. Usually have to roll onto the butt, get the good leg under, then grab, pull, lift up on whatever is local..... definitely no finesse involved......
Needless to say, it doesn't often, only a last resort. One must find different alternative ways of doing things.....

Good news is that the glue held on the new fan that I broke.....whew! They are low speed fans, so not concerned that it's gonna fly off. That's my project for today, get them installed. Will need to make a wiring harness to start. A good inside project!

May also take some time to measure and draw up the cabinet plans (Cut list). Wifey decided to not go with a corner cabinet, just a straight cabinet. Makes it easier for me!

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #185,272  
Good Morning
It’s 39° which is about the forecast high. But the big news is that the sky is blue and I can see a big bright ball up there!
Yesterday was not terribly productive, did some trouble shooting on runway lights, had a Chick Fila sandwich for lunch, and resisted the milkshake.
Had a good time playing music last night, we tried some new stuff, some old stuff and some that we tried right off the charts we had varying degrees of success, but it was fun nonetheless.

Today, I was tinkering with last nights recordings, supposed to try and get my building plan finalized and off to the engineer for his review and stamp.
Hoping to fly the little plane with my son this afternoon.

Talking about the snow in the mountain passes reminds me of the time we had a trip to Aspen to take skiers out there. Weather wouldn’t let us into Aspen, so we went to Eagle. I decided to take the rental car and drive to Denver to see a friend. Weather seemed Ok when we left, but we barely got back through the pass on I70, and it was closed for days afterwards. Would have had some explaining to do if we didn’t get back in time for the scheduled departure.

80D14076-6172-40A6-8E69-0F1653B33C32.jpg

7B3A61C8-E2A1-4651-81F5-90919D16DFBC.jpg

Here’s what it looks like going into Aspen on a “good” day. The airport is in the picture.

8550A035-4D28-4C02-8D5E-7EC1A3DED3FE.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #185,273  
if I don't want to use a propane torch, what would be a good way to cut nice round holes in landscape plastic? RS?
I would think a hole saw would grab instead of cut
suppose I can always cut squares or rectangles
one site said to cut an X in the fabric, that sounds like a good plan

I think my fabric was 6’ or 8’ wide x 300’+ long.

I picked up a hand-held, trigger-operated “hot knife” from either Menards or Amazon to cut it to length.

Tool Shop 150 Watt Heavy-Duty Hot Knife at Menards Tool Shop® 150 Watt Heavy-Duty Hot Knife

Was less than $20 IIRC at the time.

Melting it rather than just cutting helps prevent the edges from fraying.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,274  
Backup lights should make it much easier to back in and out of barn when it is dark out.
Nice looking lights. Bright and useful. I like the LEDs on my rear truck bumper.

Wife still at hospital with her mom.
Hoping for the best outcome.

Doc opened me up yesterday, patched things up, went perfect.
Congratulations! Get Well Soon!

Lab results came back, no help, oh well.
Prayers they get it resolved in a great way!

I will not overfill
I will not overfill
Don't over fill Drew. :)

Good news is that the glue held on the new fan that I broke.....whew! They are low speed fans, so not concerned that it's gonna fly off.
THat's great! What kind of glue did you use? Must be good to hold a fan blade.

Would have had some explaining to do if we didn’t get back in time for the scheduled departure.
Those are great pictures! Thanks!

I poured out almost 3/4" from the overnight rains. Pretty decent. There is a very bright sun behind the over cast conditions today. We should get up to 70F.

General piddling today. Minor stuff. It's enjoyable to be outside here in Central Texas. The Hill Country really shines after a rain.

Everyone stay well-fed, happy, heathy. Prayers for all and our Nation.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,275  
Knee protection is critical for me. Several pair of my long pants have room for putting inserts in the leg. But my go to is the ubiquitous "Non-marring knee pad".
Amazon commercial had them on sale in 2022 and I bought about 2 dozen pair at the price of 3 pair for $6.25.
I leave them scattered all over, a pair in each vehicle and trailer a pair by the sump pump, pairs in my sheds.
No excuse to not drop down on a knee and check something out.
1706984093931.png

/ Good morning!!!! #185,277  
Got the cando pad for kneeling today. It feels good.View attachment 850013

I sure don’t kneel since my new knees, just not comfortable. That pad looks great. Just can’t imagine carrying around as my kneeling opportunities are very random and unplanned.

/ Good morning!!!! #185,278  
Good Afternoon Guys,
Happy Birthday, Kathleen! I don't care how old you are as long as you are looking at the green side of the grass.

Scott, wish Kathleen a HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎁🎂. Too bad you're on the short side of the vacation. Isn't it amazing at how fast vacations fly by?

Thanks Guys, I will pass on the BD wishes to Kathleen ! 😉😁

/ Good morning!!!! #185,280  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 16.3C and it's presently 19C (predicted High of 31C!), mostly clear and fairly calm.

Penelope the pussybeast made the strangest 'mews' last night (2300) after I'd turned in to bed. She wanted/needed to go outside... I had visions of another abandoned kitten (as she was) outside. I relented. Thankfully there was no kitten and she came back in when I got up to have a wee (0230).

As per usual, I'm off to Church in about a half hour and then the rest of the day is His.

That's about it, take care all.