Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,101  
Good (Sunday) morning. Overnight Low of 13.8C and it's presently 16.8C, somewhat overcast & calm.

I'm off to Church In a half hour, however I have a meeting to attend this arvo. It's in Campbell Town so I'll need to leave here by 1230 and should be home by 1900 if all goes well. THEN the rest of the day will be His. :)

That's about it, take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,102  
11°F and clear skies this morning, got up to 26° today, where it is now. We got about 4" of wet snow here yesterday. Sunshine all day today has started to reduce that. Warmer temps in the mid-40s tomorrow should put a bigger dent in it. Mid-60s by mid-week.

Wife drove up to Chicagoland today to deliver a rescue dog from here in the STL area. I believe it's eventually going to somewhere in Wisconsin.

Hope everyone is well.

Good afternoon (arvo), gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,105  
Ate 1 piece of toast with jam earlier. Didn’t feel like eating that, stomach was upset. Then slept for a few hours. Woke up coughing and getting rid of crud, starting to get hungry. Wife said homemade soup for supper, but she bought cans of chicken soup for lunch.
🤞 your getting to end of the tunnel.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,106  
19F clear sky.

More snow squails which left 1 1/2" snow,I bundle up took my time with armstrong snow pushers couple hours later walks top driveway parking area clean...I don't think Mrs. was impress got a 🙄

Plans for the evening...I can't come up with anything. :)

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,107  
There was a local VFD close by that had an annual dinner with muskrat and greens, gizzard soup, and fried chicken livers. It was normally well attended.
well I have to ask, is it as appealing as say bear meat?
raccoon?
muscular critter, think you'd want to tenderize it a bit.
as Don and Dennis both keel over...

remember the guy here who owned the huge chicken farm, the broilers as they call them, which makes
the gmo extra big breasts for more white meat. He grew an incredible number of chickens,
miss his input, though he must be so busy doing that wonder how he found time to keep up with us.

I could do curried chicken livers with onions, no thank to gizzards and I'll take extra greens please.
folks have lived in Delaware a very long time, seems like more of an old fashioned eat what you hunted mentality.

thank goodness for Giant.
Nothing beats a local butcher.
place in NC had the pig starting from the tail to the snout, all packaged up, and finally you could get
a whole corned pigs head.
I guess if folks can eat one of those, you can eat a muskrat too

a little ice cream is sounding a lot better

/ Good morning!!!! #186,109  
The temperature now is -4°F.
When I plowed I did get the downed tree moved. Scooped the top up in the bucket and pushed. It was broke off about 20' up, perfect. Got junior to wrap my towing chain around the trunk and pulled it down all the way, then pushed it all the way to the back of the yard. Had to use low gear AND the power divider to stuff it there, but that job is done until the spring when I will get out there with the chainsaw and cut it and two others up.

I gave my boss the unofficial word that I would NOT be going Northwest this summer.
He told me that with my years of service and experience (different trailers) that I could 'pick and choose'. So I think that this season coming up I will be doing pump loads of Chlorides (Calcium or Magnesium Chloride).
He asked what if there were no pump loads, I told him that I would go fishing on those days.
Using that system will put a serious dent in my wages, but the more money you make, the more tax you pay. When you stop and figure that the Canadian Goobermint is already paying me a little over $21,000.oo/ year now, If I only make an additional 21 grand that will put me in a much lower income tax bracket.

I've been nursing a headache and the runs for the past couple of days. Got some food into me at supper (deep fired chicken nuggets), now we will see which way it leaves me. I had 2 real chicken drumsticks (leftovers) that I turned my nose up at, just didn't feel like fighting with them to get the meat off.

On a different note, waaaayyyy back when I was a young gaffer (10-15 yrs old), that would be about 62 years ago, when the temps got this cold my mother wouldn't let me go outside and play. This is THE best time to toboggan...The snow that was on the hill got melted a bit in the warmer temps and then froze. It would warm up again and we'd get a nice fine powdery snow on top of the frozen snow about 6" deep. I would wax the toboggan in the summer after stripping the previous winters' wax off and fine sanding it until it was as smooth as a babies but. Then wax the snot out of it polishing between each coat. I didn't have access to ski wax, so I used Simonize paste floor wax.
It worked, I had the fastest toboggan in my neighbour hood.

That is enough of the ramblings of an old phart.