Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,251  
But if parts are on short supply Tesla is prioritizing their own shops.
Even if I don't like that, from business POV they are not wrong
Many vehicle brands for sale here in the US have had supply chain problems, both for vehicles and parts. If demand for the vehicles is high enough, manufacturers are prioritizing parts for building new vehicles, leaving customers that have problems with brand new vehicles waiting weeks and months for the parts needed to get their car or truck back on the road.

Some vehicles, like my RAM ProMaster van, are also caught short by a thin dealer network. Not all RAM dealers are equipped to work on the vans. I had to drive an hour to get the recent warranty work done on my ProMaster, for example.

All this said, Tesla isn't picking on Latvija any more than it's picking on areas in the US with low population densities. Folks in such areas need to adjust their expectations accordingly when it comes to service and parts. Folks like me that like to drive old cars and trucks have been making do for years with parts and service shortages, but it's unfortunate that now that has spread to even brand cars...

/ Good morning!!!! #186,252  
Good (Wednesday) mid-arvo. Overnight Low of 17.5C and it's presently 22.9C... it's clearing up and calm.

Now for the reason that I'm 'late' checking in; yesterday I mentioned that it's been very dry over these Summer months, especially January and this month. Everything is brown, grass isn't growing and I've had to put the horse troughs onto my house tank system. The BoM said/predicted thunderstorms for today with a 10% chance of, maybe, 15mm.

As the old saying goes, "be careful what you wish for."

It BUCKETED DOWN overnight. There was 33mm in the gauge by 0900 and continued, heavily, until 1300. The Aerodrome recorded a further 84.5mm after 0900. Many roads where awash and I lost power around 1100.

I did, cautiously, drive into town to do my grocery shopping. Which I was able to accomplish as they have a back-up genny. The town did lose power whilst I was there. I've sorted out my own 'power woes' too; there's an external ground, due to the excessive amount of rain, that was tripping a safety breaker... which is why I'm finally back on-line.

Oh, and the horses were successfully transferred to Paddock #5 yesterday. I'll wait until Friday to clean up Paddock #4.

That's about it, take care all... Oh, yeah, both of the water tanks are full. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #186,253  
My Dayton 10,000 watt genny has been in the genny hospital since the fall of 2022, waiting for parts. bought a 8,000 watt genny so my butt was covered given how unreliable the electric company is here with their 'clean, safe (?), unreliable' power. But they are cheaper than the alternative. I haven't got 20 grand to shell out on solar and wind, given the payback range is 20 years. So lets see, when the solar starts paying back I will be 97 years old. :(

Gonna be warm tomorrow, so I have a job to do at the neighbours' cutting down a huge hump of snow just before the hill I push it over. I will back blade it out of there and shove it somewhere else.

Wagtail, I have to assume that the horse troughs are full, and the horses are not drinking off the house system any more.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,254  
Good evening all. 38ºF for the start, partly cloudy, light breeze. Moderate wind with brisk gusts, partly cloudy, and high temp was 76ºF,. Make coffee, putter, worked on paperwork, Got account set up with Social Security. Set off smoke bombs in neighbor's yard, it's been very active this past week. Got bike ride in, wind penalty finally going down :). Got nap in , pieced dinner together.
Ron getting tools put away good start. Glad you got to watch NASCAR and your team won. Nice sunset. You have good eye.
Drew sorry about no sound sleep. Hope the visit and trip review go well. Glad trip to airport went well yesterday. Interesting your price still going up, mine has gone down $.20 since last week.
Bill glad plowing went well yesterday. Hope driveway upgrade goes well.
Mike glad pickup of daughter went smoothly. Hope the sealant goes on correctly. Sorry to hear abut wife's sinus issues, I can relate.
Plowhog sorry Nevada not getting more snowpack. Nice pic of new arrivals :)
Helo nice you can leave phone on desk and use watch. Sorry about the lack of cold. Bummer about having to use Tesla service for heater. Hope you like the Husky saw.
Paul you have a lot of fixit opportunities :) Hope breakfast went well, and you day was interesting.
Drew hope you work put something you can get filled on site and not have repeat of last night. Hope dinner was fun. Safe trip to and from.
Buppies nice you have rain in forecast, none here :( Good surgery moved up to Monday. prayers sent.
Lou hope Dr visit went well with no bad surprises. Hope gutters go well.
Frits hope you are expecting company with that size bill. That video sounds scary. What are police doing about it?
Scott(vt) hope you get some GK time if they show up at house. Hope you get legs turned for Vermont trip.
Don hope you ASL class presentation went well. Hope PT goes well and doesn't break anything!
Ken good luck getting son to put stuff ;) Good to hear getting close to done on garage project. Interesting pic :)
Drew hope you have good trip.
Dennis sorry about the price going way up on old service. Wonder if you get more spam? Hope refilling pellet box goes well.
RNG glad you got Camry moved to RV parking. Scangauge sounds like an interesting device. Hope roof repair went well.
David Good to hear progress on Scag, hope you start mowing soon. Glad good HH yesterday.
Phil Sorry to hear about getting sick. prayers sent. Hope getting license renewed goes well.
Helo well written and thought out. Frustrating when you come out on the "short end" of Tesla service.
Frits neat pic of Zion.
RS great to hear tire install went well and got extra discount. Good to hear bathroom demolition coming along.
Dennis good to hear email transition going well so far.
James good to hear tractor will be fixed soon. Sorry about trailer but not really surprising.
Kilroy good story.
Randy(wag) Glad you got rain, sorry about all at once. That is a lot of rain. Good to hear tanks are full again. Glad horse transfer happen. Hope clean up on paddock 4 goes well.
Bill sorry about the genny still waiting on parts, glad you could another one to tide you over.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,255  
Many vehicle brands for sale here in the US have had supply chain problems, both for vehicles and parts. If demand for the vehicles is high enough, manufacturers are prioritizing parts for building new vehicles, leaving customers that have problems with brand new vehicles waiting weeks and months for the parts needed to get their car or truck back on the road.

Some vehicles, like my RAM ProMaster van, are also caught short by a thin dealer network. Not all RAM dealers are equipped to work on the vans. I had to drive an hour to get the recent warranty work done on my ProMaster, for example.

All this said, Tesla isn't picking on Latvija any more than it's picking on areas in the US with low population densities. Folks in such areas need to adjust their expectations accordingly when it comes to service and parts. Folks like me that like to drive old cars and trucks have been making do for years with parts and service shortages, but it's unfortunate that now that has spread to even brand cars...
I am whining just a little bit. 😁

I still enjoy living in low density area, even if it means once in 3 years have to waste a day and 300 €, do the road trip just for car service.
Still, everyday's life for me is much better here than in big city.
I mean, most of you will agree, as residents of this forum are enthusiasts of rural living but globally/generally we are minority.

~~~~~~~'

Somehow Tesla still is "exotic" and only start-up. But I remember few years back BMW had issues with fuel injectors. There was orderbook for 18 months, for all EU. Just a planning fail
And that's not considering UA war related issues of VAG. Germans were producing a lot of electronic components in Ukraine. Just now all VAG (VW, Audi Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Lambo, etc) start to recover. And still, for my secretary's Skoda (BTW is Skoda a thing in US ?) recently we had to replace start/stop button. Wait 3 - 4 weeks....

Some folks are concerned that Tesla will loose leading positions to Chinese. Service and spare parts are like 1/3 of total operating costs of producing company. To keep their costs low CH producers don't care at all about their older cars. Very often answer is - you need new heater, ouch, we don't have those parts anymore, but you can buy new car... Market soon will align everything in the right places

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing big is going on. Waiting dude for "rusty" facade panels

Now we have this:

IMG_5021 (1).jpeg

Plan is to have like this:
C92AA236-CBDF-4576-AA26-6B1E74233E3B_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #186,256  
Coffee is brewing. 28° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 56° with mostly cloudy skies. Got caught up with my shop and barn cleanup. Then got started on wood storage rack in back barn. Sorted all the different woods and sizes. Threw all the junk stuff out. Still have more to do. Will get that done and make racks and shelves today. After doing grocery shopping. Going to rain tomorrow. No need to get car dirty.
Sat down in Recliner about 5 pm. Woke up at 2 am with Sassy in my lap.
February Snow Full Moon will happen Saturday. It is a Micro Moon. Meaning it will be the farthest from earth. I have no idea what loop is on left side of Moon.
3lS1OSW.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,257  
Good morning, the low is 16 and going to a high of 39°F. Wind SE 8 mph. Sunny.

Today I think I will tighten up the mounting bolts for the loader. I try to do them at least once a year. IF I find a loose one, then I spin it out and loctite it. I have a 1/2" drive electric impact gun that works good.

Helo, have you tried checking the fuses and circuit breakers? Especially if the blower wont blow.

I prefer to drive older vehicles, myself. My 2013 Dodge Journey works good for me most of the time. It has NOT left me on the side of the road yet. It has a digital dash as well as analog. I can flip the dash from imperial (miles and gallons U.S.) to metric and still keep the analog speedo in kms/hour. It shows me my miles per U.S. gallon of fuel consumption and the miles to empty. The only thing that I don't really like is the odometer is in miles too when I run it in the U.S. measurements.
We have free license plates BUT in order to renew the registration we need the mileage in metric once a year or two depending on whether you renew on an annual basis or two. I switched it over to two year registration last spring.

I am still waiting on one T4 in order to put all the goodies together for the accountant to do up my income taxes. That should be in soon. I hope. If it doesn't come in (it is law that the employer supplies the T4 BEFORE the end of February). I have my last pay stub and although the taxman frowns on it I can file off it. Let the company fight with the tax man.

We made the executive decision that the biggest project this year will be to tear down the three interconnected sheds this spring. The snakes that live under them wont be happy, as if I care. The 'coons that live in the attic of one of them will be less happy.

The firewood situation is doing good. Still have about 5.5 cords left so with any kind of luck we will have a cord or two left over to start next winters' fires. The wood we get is usually under 15% moisture when we get it and the fires made from the previous years wood supply help to further dry out the current years wood.

That is about it for now, have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #186,258  
23 going to 52 and more sunshine.

Rip, hope your wife is feeling better.

BEF, glad you're starting to recover, and hope you do too, mpham.

Ron, that sounds like a gooood nap! Plus, you had a natural organic heater keeping you warm.

We are still waiting for MIL's new apartment to be ready for move in...so wife actually came home and slept here 2 nights in a row. She made me a great spaghetti and salad dinner for when I arrived home from the mountains last night.

Decided to test out my body on a nice long, and at times steep hike yesterday, doing the loop up Stephens Trail to Kennedy Peak. Great 360 degree views. I'll post some pix.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,259  
good morning, 28 going to 46 no rain in FC

good day yesterday with little going on. Made a trip to post office and drive for wife.

A hawk caught a bird mid air right in front of me with feathers falling down. They are very efficient

Dulles Toll Road sent a E-ZPass violation. Have not been down there in years. Turned out the 26 on the plate was read as 62 when they issued the bill.

Finished oiling the boots. They are most comfortable and seldom take them off. Has saved the ankles many times

Helo, got love Corten Steel and the rusty look. It won me my first Lump Sum project. Competion used stainless but exploring Corten steels ability to withstand 900 F won the project

Mostly, police don't have much to go on from the video and there are apparently many of these incidents. I would hate to have entrance doors at street level in those areas. Hard to make out faces other than 3 white young guys in hoodies