Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,391  
Thanks yes he is back to normal. Part of the blood testing was to check for enzymes that can indicate damaged heart condition. Waiting for results and will see where it goes from there. Brain issues may also be possible

🤞 raising boxers, a known issue sadly. Wishes for best for Cody

/ Good morning!!!! #186,392  
No joy in Scagsville.

Scag SCZ-36A 19KAI w/ Kawasaki FH580V

Cranks but not fire/start, even with starter fluid

New plugs, gapped .30
New ignition coils gapped
Good spark both cylinders.
Cleaned contacts, voltage regulator

Fuel system
Both tanks removed, flushed
New connectors
New 1/4 in fuel lines
New inline filters
New water separator
New, filtered E0 gas
Good fuel flow to carb
New carb

Compression
Right 100
Left 115

Battery charged
All safeties working

Timing Issue?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,393  
No joy in Scagsville.

Timing Issue?

Isn’t the timing fixed by the placement of the coils around the flywheel? Set over the magnet? You said the gap is correct, did you use a brass or other nonmagnetic feeler gauge to set it? That compression is a bit low, I am assuming a compression release somewhere in the valve train.
It’s curious…..

/ Good morning!!!! #186,394  
No joy in Scagsville.
Are the plugs wet with fuel? Is there suction at inlet to carb? Did you use a spark tester? Did you try to spray starter fluid into the spark plug holes? Is the flywheel axle key broken so the ignition timing is off?

/ Good morning!!!! #186,395  
Isn’t the timing fixed by the placement of the coils around the flywheel? Set over the magnet? You said the gap is correct, did you use a brass or other nonmagnetic feeler gauge to set it? That compression is a bit low, I am assuming a compression release somewhere in the valve train.
It’s curious…..
hopefully not the compress release I've seen on videos of other engines, have to tear it down to replace.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,396  
Well folks, we sold the big (23 acre) cottage property. “Bemaba Lodge”, as it was called, was going to be our retirement home, but someone came along and made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, and in any case there’s so much work still there that I figure I guess I’m getting too old for it (!)

Some of you may remember some of the lovely buildings on the place, including a great big 50 foot long boathouse. I will miss that place a lot.

He’s a couple of pics that I had posted over the years.

IMG_8036.jpeg
IMG_8034.jpeg
IMG_7885.jpeg
IMG_7802.jpeg
IMG_7723.jpeg

There’s a lot more on vrbo.com. Our ad no. Is 1362879

Goodbye Bemaba!🥲

Attachments

• IMG_7795.jpeg
    IMG_7795.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
   / Good morning!!!! #186,397  
I'd check the flywheel Key. It's making spark, but as you said, timing could be off. Should just have to remove shroud and flywheel nut & washer. I agree compression sounds low. Also, check the low oil pressure switch first, shouldnt be it since you have fire, but.....

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #186,398  
good morning, 37 going to 55 today cloudy

Use Milton V style high flow air couplers. Quincy air compressor tank has 1 inch ball valve shut off at the tank that I close after use and turn off breaker. When turning back on check that the pressure is still holding at 150PSI. Have made a habit of opening the ball valve drain occasionally to drain condensate.

Cody went into a seizure yesterday. Pretty scary to watch him flop dawn. Our vet just 2 miles up the road did not have a doc in the clinic so had to go to another one further away. He recovered and stumbled around for a while. Vet took blood samples and will get results in a couple of days. 400 dollar bill. Hope insurance will cover. This morning he seems fine
Special thoughts for Cody.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,399  
Thanks Kyle. I appreciate that.

Its bittersweet to search for a puppy after losing your best friend. We found a top quality breeder who introduces puppies to bird retrieval and waterfowl hunting. I'm not (yet) a hunter but maybe it is another dimension to interact with a future "best friend." We have a phone interview with them tomorrow.

32F, going to a sunny warm 62F here in Formerly-Great California.

Got the surgical staples out yesterday. Surgeon said the magic words: "Goodbye!" Glad that is behind me.

I hope everyone recovers from the many bugs and illnesses circulating out there. Everyone have a great day!
A golden can be a great hunter, or a great inside companion, or both.

Glad you got the staples out, and hope for comfort and well being.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,400  
Good (Saturday) morning. Overnight Low of10.3C and it's presently ? , maybe 19C (Aerodrome). My outdoor sensor has frozen, so it looks like I'll be searching for a new weather station. It's clear and calm.

A fairly low-key day is planned. Paddock #4 was cleaned up yesterday late-morning.

The 'Mad Agisting Horse Woman's Daughter was, again, here yesterday arvo so the School must have been flooded enough that an extra day was needed to 'air it out'. Indeed, the horses are away for the weekend at 'Pony Club'.

I'm still applying ear-drops to the Right ear. Things are either slightly improving or my brain is adjusting to the difference/imbalance.:oops: Nothing that I can do about it, so, "She'll be right".

That's about it, take care all.

Weather station update: I re-set the outdoor sensor & changed the batteries in the station and it seems to be working again... we'll 'see'.

Last edited: